Firefest 2012

Blue Charvel

Just been mulling this one over and the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is for me. It would be great to go to the Sunday, especially to meet up with some of the HH regulars, but with travel costs and probably accommodation (to avoid getting home at 4am Monday) it will be about £120 and I think it will be too much.

Hopefully there will be an HH-friendly gig in London at some point this year!

Well if you need help with transport mate just give me a shout.

I've bought a Saturday ticket as well now although I'll probably only manage a couple of bands but hey what the hell!

Gonna be a fun weekend James, hope you stay the course! Dan, be good to meet you in person finally! :)

Yeah Pete, it's part of what's going to make Firefest so great for me is meeting up with a whole load of people, some I've never met in person before.

And the Borderline in London ... ! ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been mulling this one over and the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is for me. It would be great to go to the Sunday, especially to meet up with some of the HH regulars, but with travel costs and probably accommodation (to avoid getting home at 4am Monday) it will be about £120 and I think it will be too much.

I've bought a Saturday ticket as well now although I'll probably only manage a couple of bands but hey what the hell!

Gonna be a fun weekend James, hope you stay the course! Dan, be good to meet you in person finally! :)

Yeah Pete, it's part of what's going to make Firefest so great for me is meeting up with a whole load of people, some I've never met in person before.

And the Borderline in London ... ! ;)

Well obviously I've met some of you before :whistle:

I'm gutted, but unless my next batch of ebay CDs fetches about £1000, I just won't be able to do it.

Any chance of a little Farcry warm up show in London? ;)

I'm gutted, but unless my next batch of ebay CDs fetches about £1000, I just won't be able to do it.

I wish... Unfortunately Kieran would not approve. When you agree to play Firefest with few exceptions, he makes sure you don't play anywhere else in the UK at the very least. :-(

I wish... Unfortunately Kieran would not approve. When you agree to play Firefest with few exceptions, he makes sure you don't play anywhere else in the UK at the very least. :-(

That's pretty tough. Even after the FF show? I wonder how long you'd have to stay in the UK for it to be 'acceptable' to play another gig? :unsure:

Well got both of my tickets delivered which is more then can be said for a few unlucky people whose paypal payments went somehow to the wrong person namely the website designer's girlfriend. A bit fishy????

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't happen for me this time round and the finances are going from bad to worse, so I definitely won't be able to make the HeavyHarmonies Firefest meet this year.

At least this way I won't get a good kicking for my Treat, Poodles and Vain baiting on the forum... :whistle:

• My Little Pony

Didn't happen for me this time round and the finances are going from bad to worse, so I definitely won't be able to make the HeavyHarmonies Firefest meet this year.

At least this way I won't get a good kicking for my Treat, Poodles and Vain baiting on the forum... :whistle:

Hit up the MOR Cruise next year, and I'll see to it you get a good kicking then. Might even through you overboard.

Hit up the MOR Cruise next year, and I'll see to it you get a good kicking then. Might even through you overboard.

Awesome. Really feeling the love here.

;)

BTW, cruise? I might just be able to afford it as long as it's only going up and down the Medway! :drink:

Awesome. Really feeling the love here.

;)

BTW, cruise? I might just be able to afford it as long as it's only going up and down the Medway! :drink:

Living in Kent, I would have thought that 'cruising' would be right up your street, mate.

As it were ...

• 6 months later...
  • My Little Pony

the attendance was full house for each of the 3 nights & 2 days. I actually met Pete Fry aswell a few times & got a few happy snaps :)

Creep. ;)

In a word - Awesome!! As well as seeing some fantastic performances (Work Of Art, Royal Hunt, Lillian Axe, Farcry, Brighton Rock, Gotthard) I had the peasure of meeting up with a load of people and highlight was hanging out with the Brighton Rock guys and finally having another drink or 5 with them 20+ years after the last time.

395047_10151302286786019_1774670492_n.jpg

22801_10151300741016019_143134885_n.jpg

580853_10151300740721019_293249665_n.jpg

Oh I'll be there next year all right!!

Glad you enjoyed Brighton Rock; probably the band I most wanted to see on the line up. Maybe next year... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I'll be there next year all right!!

Glad you enjoyed Brighton Rock; probably the band I most wanted to see on the line up. Maybe next year... :rolleyes:

They were fantastic, okay I'm biased but what a great bunch of guys.