Firefest 2012

Blue Charvel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday and Saturday don't really interest me, but the Sunday looks fantastic! Really going to have to go (as long as they haven't sold out of tickets by the time I can afford to buy one in about 6 weeks' time)...

I have to say that I listened to this announcement last night and I must be one of the few people disappointed by this line up.

For a regular Firefest attendee there are just too many repeats from previous years - for a start all three headliners are repeats. 2/3 of the special guests are repeats (Stage Dolls....yawwwwwwn, and Mitch Malloy (the 3rd time...yawwwwwn).

The Sunday will out for me because Royal Hunt have no interest for me and nor does Brighton Rock. Will be a shame to miss Farcry as I think they will be great...so too for Lillian Axe.

Possibly considering the Saturday line up as interested in hearing Gotthard with their new singer. XYZ should be good, Robin Beck is playing with Denander so that could be pretty special, and of course WORK OF ART !!

Cheers

If it were anywhere close geographically, I'd go. It may seem odd, but I'd be looking forward to the Friday lineup more than the other 2 days, with Sunday being second. Saturday looks weak to me.

Yeah I would be too if it weren't for the thought of seeing Tyketto again bores me' senseless! Must be the fifth time? Sixth??

The Sunday looks best to me. Saturday is good, though XYZ and Santers (who?) don't interest me at all. Work of Art would be awesome...

A few bands that interest me - Work Of Art, Robin Beck, Lionville, Farcry and Danger Danger and quite a few that don't to be honest. Santers is an interesting addition, as I saw them way back and they were brilliant, although I would have to reserve judgement now as that was over 25 years ago. Nice to see Firefest getting an old band back together again as with Coney Hatch last year though.

As usual, I won't be able to say If I can go, as band gigs are pencilled in, plus I am doing another musical project which may be taking even more of my spare time up by October. Cross fingers I can go this year.

odd to me that there is no love for Saturday? Hey ho.

let me summarise

Gotthard & D2 on a par

MM > Stage Dolls (trust me on this one !)

Sure sure about Lillian AXE & XYZ...probably a close one

Santers/Brighton Rock - Food break lol

Robin Beck > Royal Hunt (surely?)

Work Of Art > Fiona (absolutely!)

OK Farcry > Lima (but that's un unknown for me cos Lima might be awesome?)

So by that Saturday is the stronger day - for me amyway.

Gotthard and D2, probably go with D2 because the new Gott singer might haven't settled in perfectly

I'll prefer XYZ over Lillian Axe because LA might play too many new songs these days

Robin Beck and WoA are no question better, but Farcry and Lima might be a balance competition, overall Saturday is a champion for me too.

Glen, if you can only go two days, why don't you pick Sunday over Friday ? is it because you can't skip work on Monday ?

Damn this Firefest, someday i'll have the bravery to spend $2500 for this crazy trip :D

Gotthard and D2, probably go with D2 because the new Gott singer might haven't settled in perfectly

I'll prefer XYZ over Lillian Axe because LA might play too many new songs these days

Robin Beck and WoA are no question better, but Farcry and Lima might be a balance competition, overall Saturday is a champion for me too.

Glen, if you can only go two days, why don't you pick Sunday over Friday ? is it because you can't skip work on Monday ?

Damn this Firefest, someday i'll have the bravery to spend $2500 for this crazy trip :D

only one day this year my friend....we'll see.

Looks like I'm not the only one who prefers the look of Sunday. Very good line up imo, whereas Saturday doesn't interest me at all. I really want to go, but I think the tickets sell out quickly, don't they? If they do I will miss out, as I won't have the money for a ticket for at least 6 weeks. :doh:

Looks like I'm not the only one who prefers the look of Sunday. Very good line up imo, whereas Saturday doesn't interest me at all. I really want to go, but I think the tickets sell out quickly, don't they? If they do I will miss out, as I won't have the money for a ticket for at least 6 weeks. :doh:

I think only the Friday is sold out quickly.

I believe Bernd is correct, mainly because they limit the number of available tix for the Friday to 1000. You're probably safe for either of the weekend days... oh, and I recommend Sunday in case you were wondering... ;)

I believe Bernd is correct, mainly because they limit the number of available tix for the Friday to 1000. You're probably safe for either of the weekend days... oh, and I recommend Sunday in case you were wondering... ;)

Thought you might! :D

We'll have to sort out a HH meet up over a few beers...

I know Dan is already going on the Sunday - if there is a HH contingent I'll opt for the Sunday instead.

I know Dan is already going on the Sunday - if there is a HH contingent I'll opt for the Sunday instead.

Trying to get a mate to come and share a car (he has posted on here a few times). He lives in Rochford - right near you, isn't it?