Which of these bands need to call it a day most?

Call It A Day Guys  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whitesnake shouldn't be on that list IMO as their last two albums have been great.

There are many I could go with such as Def Leppard but they are still semi successful and there are many fans that seem to enjoy the Def Leppard lite of the last two decades. My vote goes to Queensryche as they are just plain horrible now. You can blame it on Degarmo leaving or Geoff Tate running the band and him trying to make them a new U2 but whatever the reason is their last 15 years has pretty much been a waste and they haven't done anything intersting really since the Promised Land release.

AC/DC and Dokken are the only two on the list that I still listen to with any kind of regularity. So I guess other than those two, everyone on that list could fall into a black hole tomorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

That said...even though I love Dokken as much as the next guy, they've had more than their time in the sun. Time to put that old dog to sleep.

I don't think Dokken, Whitesnake or the Crue should be on that list.

Solid releases by all in recent years, especially Whitesnake.

I voted Queensryche. I have not bothered with any of their crap in quite some time and judging by things I read here and there I am not missing anything.

AC/DC and Dokken are the only two on the list that I still listen to with any kind of regularity. So I guess other than those two, everyone on that list could fall into a black hole tomorrow and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

That said...even though I love Dokken as much as the next guy, they've had more than their time in the sun. Time to put that old dog to sleep.

At least Dokken has made some great albums since their glory dayz.

I think KISS is doin' fine with their last 'Sonic Boom' disc, and I heard this new one is going to be solid too

QUEENSRYCHE should be the first band on that list, and came up second should be DEF LEPPARD

the rest I think are still okay but if BON JOVI did a new album like 'The Circle' again, they should be on the third list.

Most bands on the list I either just don't care about (Aerosmith, Van Halen & AC/DC) so I never really buy much of their stuff anyway, or the others are still doing fine. The only 2 from the list who really need to call it a day are Queensryche and Lillian Axe.

Never been the biggest Queensryche fan, but they had their moments and have not had one of those (a moment) in decades.

Lillian Axe have not been worthwhile since Ron Taylor left, and will not be unless he returns. Which it doesn't look like he'll do, so this band really, really needs to end, sadly. :(

I didn't realize you could vote for more than one, but it let me choose as many as I wanted so I went with the first 5 on the list and also Great white. Queensryche, Lillian Axe and Def Leppard haven't released anything decent in years. Don Dokken's voice is beyond gone, Aerosmith is now a joke band and Great White is a mess.

I was tempted to put Bon Jovi on the list but they are still popular as hell and even though they don't put out music that I want to listen to they are still selling albums and making lots of money and that's why people get into this business in the first place.

This is easily Queensryche since the last tolerable album was Hear in the Now Frontier...and that was 1997? MOst of these bands are still excellent but I would also included Lillian Axe who has sucked since everything released after Psychoschizophrenia.

Easy pick-Queensryche! A list of runner ups in this group (IMO)

Aerosmith (Should become Oprah's house band)

Bon Jovi

Lillian Axe

wherre the hell is KISS?

or are they on the other list of "those who should have called it a day 20 years ago"?

Sonic Boom was pretty successful in the states and they are still doing well touring plus have a new album in the can.

Lillian Axe without Taylor is pointless.

Aerosmith have long since flushed their credibility down the shitter.

I'll hold my tongue until I hear VH's new one.

Haven't been interested in AC/DC since Thunderstruck. Give me Rhino Bucket's first 3 discs any day of the week.

I think Great White has remained consistent with later releases and I look forward to hearing Terry Ilous in the studio with them.

I think Great White has remained consistent with later releases and I look forward to hearing Terry Ilous in the studio with them.

WTF? What's this all about? Do you mean to say Jack Russell is no longer in the band? If so, as cool as an album with Ilious could possibly be, that is the end of the "real" Great White as far as I'm concerned. When did this happen and was it mentioned on the forum and I just missed it? Man, what a surprise!

WTF? What's this all about? Do you mean to say Jack Russell is no longer in the band? If so, as cool as an album with Ilious could possibly be, that is the end of the "real" Great White as far as I'm concerned. When did this happen and was it mentioned on the forum and I just missed it? Man, what a surprise!

Unless you are being sarcastic it's all over the website. I love Terry but I would ather hear another xyz and another GW cd with Jack. All of this switching singers amongst bands is garbage!

Geoff, I'm very disappointed in you. For one that is so involved in this board I thought for sure this would be old news for you. :rofl2:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=28108&st=0&p=625415&hl=great%20white&fromsearch=1entry625415

Geoff, I'm very disappointed in you. For one that is so involved in this board I thought for sure this would be old news for you. :rofl2:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=28108&st=0&p=625415&hl=great%20white&fromsearch=1entry625415

Thanks for the link, mate. Looks like it all happened while I was away. Wow, hard to say what I think after glancing through that thread. I don't think that Great White is really Great White without Russell, but that said, I would gladly listen to both bands if they release new CDs. Man, what a mess...

• 2 weeks later...

Lillian Axe have not been worthwhile since Ron Taylor left, and will not be unless he returns. Which it doesn't look like he'll do, so this band really, really needs to end, sadly. :(

God I couldnt agreed more - and the new album sounds SHITE. My God, just SHITE.