Dynazty - Sultans Of Sin

Glen

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should this band in the Sleaze forum? They always get compared to Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx although the last Crazy Lixx was more Hard Rock than Sleaze. I guess Dynazty has a little of both in them. Either way I'm looking forward to this one but I haven't taken the time to listen to all of the songs on youtube yet but based on the first two discs I expect it to be great.

Listening to some samples now and damn this is gonna kick a whole lot of ass. I just don't understand why their cds are so damn hard to find after being on Perris on the debut. Why aren't these guys on Frontiers or one of the bigger labels? Have they signed a bad management deal or what?

I thought their first release was more towards the sleaze rock side but since then they have evolved more towards the hard rock area, IMO.

I can agree with that Mr. Mafia member.

Yeah definite hard rock arena.....sounds like the newie is leaning more towards Euro hard rock. Way far from sleaze imo (& so is Crazy Lixx for the record).

Cheers

Doesn't sound that good to me...

Apparently your deaf.

So far it's album of the year hands down for me. I listened to the H.E.A.T. samples and although soild it isn't even worthy of being in the same league as the new Dynazty. It's like comparing a ferrari, to a pinto IMO.

Album of the year?! That there is some funny shit.

Apparently your deaf.

So far it's album of the year hands down for me. I listened to the H.E.A.T. samples and although soild it isn't even worthy of being in the same league as the new Dynazty. It's like comparing a ferrari, to a pinto IMO.

Truth be told this probably crucifies any album released SO FAR this year......so it aint that funny.

Apparently your deaf.

Truth be told this probably crucifies any album released SO FAR this year......so it aint that funny.

HA HA HA HA! You need to buy the Safetysuit because that is better. And even that album is only about an 8/10.

Apparently your deaf.

HA HA HA HA! You need to buy the Safetysuit because that is better. And even that album is only about an 8/10.

I have heard the whole of Saftysuit, and no it isnt - well not imo anyway. 4 or 5 really good modern rock songs...but not as good as the debut imo. It is probably a 7.5 or 8/10, but this Dynazty albums sounds pretty awesome to these ears.

I'm going to say this one is a solid 90%, but again it's a subjective matter and I love this band.

Whether or not this is better than 'Knock You Down', it depends on how we view it. Last album, main tracks probably going to worth around 80-85%, but they have around 5 bonus tracks (from Euro+Jap) and 3 bonus tracks are really killers, so replacing the weaker tracks, KYD is 90% too, but judging by only the main tracks, this is probably their best to date.

I'm going to say this one is a solid 90%, but again it's a subjective matter and I love this band.

Whether or not this is better than 'Knock You Down', it depends on how we view it. Last album, main tracks probably going to worth around 80-85%, but they have around 5 bonus tracks (from Euro+Jap) and 3 bonus tracks are really killers, so replacing the weaker tracks, KYD is 90% too, but judging by only the main tracks, this is probably their best to date.

Hmmm, never heard the bonus tracks, that good huh?

I have to go dig it out and see which one I bought.

So much music, so little time.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Lionheart Music Group AB."

This seems so feckin' retarded to me! So the CD is impossible to get unless you sell a kidney and now you can't listen to the music either. Don't they want anyone to buy their product? Very few people will buy without listening first these days and I reckon many people use sites like Youtube to hear the music before deciding whether to buy. Maybe it's just me, but I buy loads of music after listening to it on Youtube.

BTW, from the 30 second samples I've managed to listen to, I massively prefer 'Knock You Down'. Looks like I'll be joining TIM (2) in the freakazoid room.

Although 'Raise Your Hands' appears to rock like a bastard...

Apparently your deaf.

I have heard the whole of Saftysuit, and no it isnt - well not imo anyway. 4 or 5 really good modern rock songs...but not as good as the debut imo. It is probably a 7.5 or 8/10, but this Dynazty albums sounds pretty awesome to these ears.

I realize it is only March but I agree, this album is by far the best thing that has hit this year (Dynazty that is). It will have some comptition though...looking for the new Crazy Lixx and also Jettblack. Anyone know what Hell in the Club are doing? Still play their debut non-stop.

Btw: this is $20 (£13) plus shipping on AOR HEAVEN. Might seem like a lot if you're in the U.S, but for us in the UK that's about standard CD price anyway...

I have the new CRAZY LIXX album "Riot Avenue", and it doesn't even remotely come close to the Dynazty...or their last album for that matter!

now that's a damned shame.

I have the new CRAZY LIXX album "Riot Avenue", and it doesn't even remotely come close to the Dynazty...or their last album for that matter!

To be honest I got a little worried when they dumped Laney and said it would have a raw sound.

To be honest I got a little worried when they dumped Laney and said it would have a raw sound.

I agree

This could probably go in the "first spin impression" but since there is a debate in this thread I will add my 2 cents.

I gave this one spin through on the way to and from work in the car today.

I say it is good. Not great. Album of the year? Not seeing it.

Now I am in the minority because I think Bring The Thunder is still their best. Less polished but I like the song writing and more tunes on that disc...a little sleazy at times so that is more my alley anyway.

I think when Dynazty concentrates on writing catchy lyrics, sing a long choruses they really do well. At other times they put together songs that are played well but nothing is memorable.

If they would take the best tracks of Knock You Down and this new one, you would have a pretty killer 10-11 track CD. As is stands, FIRST SPIN mind you, I am seeing a solid disc with some memorable tunes and some not so memorable...Knock You Down was the same way for me.

I agree

No kidding, why mess with a good thing. Not broke, don't fix it.

<groan>

I really like the new Dynazty a lot.

My fav tunes so far are "Falling", "One to Blame", "Back Again", "Come Alive", "Land of Broken Dreams", "Love Junkie" and "Sultans of Sin". There's not one tune I dislike. Now I just need to find this for less than $20.

I'm afraid it's very hard to find it less than that because AOR Heaven also just listed this for EUR 13, so probably we need to sink $20 something for that and I'm sure NEHRecord will go beyond that