**NEW**

metaltrekman

Van Halen - Tattoo :banger:

Hell Yes!!! Its about damn time. I like it. And I hope that this IS an indication of what the rest of the CD is. I was really getting tired of all the bull & rumors and delays. Getting very tired of waiting for the next NEW Van Halen. And Im sure Im not the only one who was about ready to say screw them. Im glad I didnt give up completely. Now I cant wait to hear more!! \m/

I like the song just fine, just wish it had a little more "oomph" to it. I'm surprised they went with Tattoo as the first single over "She's The Woman", which sounds more like "traditional" Van Halen IMO.

Still, looking forward to the album immensely! :guitbannana:

My work computer doesn't like Vimeo. In the regular screen the video won't even show up. When I go into "couch mode" or full screen, my computer doesn't have the ram to run the video without skipping. I'll check it out when I get home.

I really liked "She's The Woman" though so my hopes are raising that this will be a decent album.

I like what I hear so far. A lot of mixed feelings out there about it so far. To me it sounds very DLR solo rather than a Van Halen.

Agreed... It sounds more like a DLR tune than a VH tune.... Still pretty decent though

I dunno... I was rather underwhelmed. It's a'ight I guess but I would've expected their big comeback single to sound bigger 'n' badder.

I dunno... I was rather underwhelmed. It's a'ight I guess but I would've expected their big comeback single to sound bigger 'n' badder.

I was wondering if I was gonna have to say it first. It's really...just bad. And please, someone tell DLR to stop dancing.

Thank You.

In the old days, this is the kind of song that would've been stuck at the ass end of Side 2 of the record, where everyone could skip it... not the first single.

I was wondering if I was gonna have to say it first. It's really...just bad. And please, someone tell DLR to stop dancing.

Thank You.

I agree. Im not a fan at all.

I agree - I was expecting something a bit more bombastic, it's ok but a bit - pedestrian? I wanted something to blow my face off after all the hype surrounding it - a real statement of intent enough to say "we're back babyyyyyyy!" sort of thing.

I agree - I was expecting something a bit more bombastic, it's ok but a bit - pedestrian? I wanted something to blow my face off after all the hype surrounding it - a real statement of intent enough to say "we're back babyyyyyyy!" sort of thing.

yeah, i think let down is my feeling. it does feel like a later DLR solo song. it's ok but maybe the album will be better

yeah, i think let down is my feeling. it does feel like a later DLR solo song. it's ok but maybe the album will be better

+1

all that hype for that.............i do sincerely hope they have some MUCH better songs up their sleeve for the album otherwise this could be a spectacular flop.

Especially when you consider all the awesome albums which are due to hit this year.

I think it's a decent song, not bad but definitely not great, and from what I've heard, it's an old late-70s song that didn't make it to their debut and been recycled.

I'm afraid the new album will be a set of old demos, but might be a good thing for fans of classic VH, and who knows it will be like VAIN's Enough Rope? oldies but goodies :D

Eh.. Like Keith I am underwhelmed to be honest.. It's not Bad exactly, I just expeted something with more.. Punch to it to preview the new album.....

Now for those that don't now?? the Other "New" Tune.. She's A Woman or something?? Is not new at all.. It was first recorded before VH released their debut album back in 1978 was just never released.. They re-recorded it for the new album and honestly I like it better than Tattoo... :whistle:

And I agree, Someone PLEASE tell DLR to STOP tht stupid gay dancing already,.....

In a freak accident I was listening to the *gulp* radio on the way home from work last night and "Tattoo" played. I must say it sounded and felt nice cranking in the car!

And ease off on Dave's twinkle toes, thats kind of been his schtick for the past millenium...

I like it, certainly not the best they've done. I was hoping for a BIGGER more melodic sound, but let's face it other than Wolfgang they are all in their 50's. I'll buy it, I've personally bought, on the release day or week every album from them since I was 9 when '1984' came out.

At least this sounds better then Van Halen III.

Yeah, not that bad actually. I quite like it. I'll check out other samples, though, before buying the new disc.

In the old days, this is the kind of song that would've been stuck at the ass end of Side 2 of the record, where everyone could skip it... not the first single.

+1

Exactly what I was gonna write, just had to scroll down to see who already said it. So, I'll add my own commentary....

Boring.