M3 2012... Columbia, Maryland

LV KIX

M3 has announced the dates of the festival this year. It will be held May 11th and 12th (Friday and Saturday). No bands have been announced yet.. I'll keep you posted as they become available. (I did hear that XYZ was playing).

I'll be doing my little pre-party on Thursday May 10th with a yet to be named (or booked) band.

I post this because hotels in the area are filling up fast. If you are thinking about making the M3 Festival this year you may want to book a hotel room.

More to come....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could go, but I highly doubt I will be able to. It sucks living where I do. Before Rocklahoma wussed out I was right in the middle of the action. If I ever want to experience that again it's inevitable that I will have to live elsewhere.

So is Rocklahoma dead now? I thought those first couple of years were successful but maybe not.

First official band to be announced for 2012 M3... QUIET RIOT.

• 3 weeks later...

Trixter rumored to be playing M3. We'll see what happens.

WARRANT has now been added to the M3 line-up.

They better step up the game a little bit. :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although not official yet... It looks like QUEENSRYCHE will be the headliner on Saturday Night.

Although not official yet... It looks like QUEENSRYCHE will be the headliner on Saturday Night.

That's unfortunate. Tate's voice is shot and they play to much new stuff.

Maybe for a festival like this they would focus on the older more known songs from the early albums up through Promised Land.

Maybe for a festival like this they would focus on the older more known songs from the early albums up through Promised Land.

I was a bit disappointed with this one too. I saw them a couple years ago when they did "Mindcrime" in it entirety and they were not good at all. To tell you the truth.. At last years show I spent all my time at the 2nd stage because most of the bands I wanted to see were back there. Looks like I may do the same this year.

Last year the back stage had Pretty Boy Floyd, Lita Ford, Big Noise (J.L. Turner & Co), Black N Blue, Faster Pussycat and a few others. The only bands on the main stage I cared about were Danger Danger, Jetboy, and KIX. I was also interested in Whitesnake... but they were horrible.

I hope they start adding some better bands... Like M. Monroe, Keel, XYZ,and Loudness

I was a bit disappointed with this one too. I saw them a couple years ago when they did "Mindcrime" in it entirety and they were not good at all. To tell you the truth.. At last years show I spent all my time at the 2nd stage because most of the bands I wanted to see were back there. Looks like I may do the same this year.

Last year the back stage had Pretty Boy Floyd, Lita Ford, Big Noise (J.L. Turner & Co), Black N Blue, Faster Pussycat and a few others. The only bands on the main stage I cared about were Danger Danger, Jetboy, and KIX. I was also interested in Whitesnake... but they were horrible.

I hope they start adding some better bands... Like M. Monroe, Keel, XYZ,and Loudness

XYZ would be amazing but with Terry touring with Great White non stop don't know how many shows they'd play. I was hoping that after doing the one off original lineup show The Bulletboys would do a full tour but it appears they are all slinging mud at each other.

Well, I was just told by a fairly reliable source ( :shutup: ) that Steel Panther is about to be added to the line up for M3 this year.

Last year the back stage had Pretty Boy Floyd, Lita Ford, Big Noise (J.L. Turner & Co), Black N Blue, Faster Pussycat

Man, Lita Ford on a back stage? That's just freakin' wrong.... :angry2: Not to mention the others. Sounds like a FU'd festival :unsure:

:

Last year the back stage had Pretty Boy Floyd, Lita Ford, Big Noise (J.L. Turner & Co), Black N Blue, Faster Pussycat

Man, Lita Ford on a back stage? That's just freakin' wrong.... :angry2: Not to mention the others. Sounds like a FU'd festival :unsure:

:

I too thought Lita should have been a main stage act. I am actually glad she was on the 2nd stage as I thought the atmosphere was way better on the smaller stage. The bands on the 2nd stage didn't have any "rock star" attitude and they didn't seem to care at all that they were on the 2nd stage. They rocked 10 times harder than the bands who were on the main stage.

By months end they should be announcing 75% of this years line up for M3. I sure hope they step it up... I'm not crazy about the line up so far.

I hope they add KIX (they would be stupid not to), Black 'N Blue, Femme Fatale, Child's Play, Stryper, Keel, and Enuff Z'Nuff.

I have a feeling they may add Bang Tango and Lynch Mob...

The line up for M3 should be trickling out today.. Let's see what they come up with.

Well... Here it is:

M3 Rock Festival Official Kix-Off Party (Friday May 11, 2012)

KIX

NIGHT RANGER

ENUFF Z'NUFF

LET THERE BE ROCK

IN THE PINK

M3 Rock Festival (Saturday May 12, 2012)

CINDERELLA

RATT

QUEENSRYCHE

SKID ROW

WARRANT

QUIET RIOT

DOKKEN

STRYPER

LOUDNESS

LYNCH MOB

XYZ

BANG TANGO

DRUM WARS

STREETLIGHT CIRCUS

Stage and Times still to be announced.

• 1 month later...

Seems as though Cinderella had to cancel M3. It appears Jeff has a medical issue that will keep the band sidelined. Looks like the rest of the Cinderella tour is off also.

L.A. Guns (Phil) and Great White (Terry) have been added to the bill. There is also suppose to be some type of all-star jam. Don Dokken & George Lynch on stage together maybe?

Isn't anyone from Heavy Harmonies going to this show..?

Seems as though Cinderella had to cancel M3. It appears Jeff has a medical issue that will keep the band sidelined. Looks like the rest of the Cinderella tour is off also.

L.A. Guns (Phil) and Great White (Terry) have been added to the bill. There is also suppose to be some type of all-star jam. Don Dokken & George Lynch on stage together maybe?

Isn't anyone from Heavy Harmonies going to this show..?

Dave I might go this year, I drive by Merriweather almost everyday. If nothing else just to see Night Ranger, Loudness, RATT and Dokken.