2012 in melodic rock

Glen

Just been reflecting on what a great year 2011 has been for our beloved genre, but arguably 2012 could be even stronger yet.

We'll be off to a great start in January with a 3rd Sunstorm album!

Nick Workman has recently confirmed that Vega are now officially in the studio to record their sophomore effort....many songs already in the mix and described as '100 times what Kiss of Life was'....exciting.

HEAT are currently sifting through about 40 songs...........literally cannot wait for what is almost guaranteed to be a gem.

Erik Martensoon will of course feature heavily in 2012. He's just finished writing the new Jimi Jamison album. WET will be recording their second album for definite. And lets not forget the new Eclipse album - this could be their crowning glory?!.

Also, JSS is back with a new solo album which is meant to be back to the LITT sound (not that I didnt love Beautiful Mess).

Also, I heard the other day that there will be a new Khymera album in the spring time with Robbie LeBlanc on lead vocals - nice.

Add to that newies from Tyketto and Crazy Lixx, and you could already be looking at an awesome top 10......let alone all the other albums to be released and the inevitable surprises along the way.

Happy days!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a splendid year as well!

H.E.A.T, Vega, and W.E.T could be contender for the crown

i'm arranging and compiling news from everywhere and will put a new thread later to monitor the 2012 releases to make sure we don't miss a thing

meanwhile, keep posting if there's any other rumors and development on this thread :)

I agree guys, very promising on the AOR front!

As you mentioned Crazy Lixx and H.E.A.T are going to release newbies, as are Crashdiet and from what I've heard Treat!

Then there's the sleazier stuff: Baby Jane, Koritni, Million Dollar Reload, Chris Laney...

And probably quite a few superb 'modern' bands: Papa Roach, Hinder, Airbourne, Buckcherry, Blessed by a broken Heart, Cavo, Divide the Day...

...and Erik Martensson is going to be heavily involved in yet another album: The Friday Nights' debut!

HEAT are currently sifting through about 40 songs...........literally cannot wait for what is almost guaranteed to be a gem.

I agree. They are in the studio as we speak, recording the best 14 tracks out of those 40...scheduled for early 2012 release. i am not a big Erik Gronwall fan but will wait to the release before judgement, even if the vocals aren't that good I do have high hopes the songs will be amazing.

Yep, sounds like some guaranteed success stories already. Pretty much everything here sounds very exciting. It would be absolutely super to hear another Treat album!

Crazy Lixx, W.E.T., Crashdiet, and Chris Laney?!!! Can Not wait!

Also, I heard the other day that there will be a new Khymera album in the spring time with Robbie LeBlanc on lead vocals - nice.

AWW.. what about Ward on vocals?! That was the highlight of that band for me!

I didn't even think about that when I saw that, but yeah, Dennis Ward was great in that band. Is he still writing and recording the whole thing?

Okay, here's one for you private investigators. What the heck happened to the 2nd Marcello/Vestry CD, which, as far as I knew, was meant to drop this year? Is that still on the cards?

Just been reflecting on what a great year 2011 has been for our beloved genre, but arguably 2012 could be even stronger yet.

Nick Workman has recently confirmed that Vega are now officially in the studio to record their sophomore effort....many songs already in the mix and described as '100 times what Kiss of Life was'....exciting.

Erik Martensoon will of course feature heavily in 2012. He's just finished writing the new Jimi Jamison album. WET will be recording their second album for definite. And lets not forget the new Eclipse album - this could be their crowning glory?!.

Also, JSS is back with a new solo album which is meant to be back to the LITT sound (not that I didnt love Beautiful Mess).

Add to that newies from Tyketto and Crazy Lixx, and you could already be looking at an awesome top 10......let alone all the other albums to be released and the inevitable surprises along the way.

Happy days!!

Let's not leave behind the Pride of Lions album as well as a possible Survivor album sans Peterik.

Anyone recall the band AOR ( frederik slamma ) thier latest album comes out in January.

There's probably some great new mhr / aor surprises in store aswell, hopefully one of them is the MARCHELLO / VESTRY sophomore :)

Happy days!!

Let's not leave behind the Pride of Lions album

Please... allow us to leave this one behind. ;)

Wow, a few replies here already....yeah totally forgot about Treat - they are recording again apparently - lets hope they can improve again on the excellent Coup De Grace - I think they can....1. forget intros 2. shorten it a bit - 10 or 11 songs will do 3. sort out the bass sound (agree with Jez here, it was awful) 4. Leave off the tacky ballad..........

Yeah Crashdiet will be awesome...cant wait on that

Re Khymera, I believe that Ward is still involved - I guess in the production - I must admit that I thought most of the last album was written by the Martin Bros?? Not sure what is the deal now as they are heavily involved with Vega.

Marcello/Vestry - yeah that would be cool. Must investigate.

Re POL - I'd love to hear something resembling the debut as I still think that's a great AOR record - surely Peterik must be under some pressure to deliver after the success story of Hitchcock and Martennson. I havent heard the whole album but his track on the new Fergie album is testiment that he can still write a killer tune - 'Follow Your Heart' is pretty awesome !!!!!!!!!!!

3rd Dynazty album in first half of 2012.....brilliant news, Knock You Down is great album IMO - this from their website -

We are very proud to announce that we will enter The Abyss studio together with renowned producer Peter Tägtgren in december 2011 to record our third album. This is indeed very exciting for us! Since Tägtgren is known for producing VERY heavy stuff, we think that this collaboration can take us to a new level, and maybe even a new, more modern direction.

We’ve been writing songs for a couple of months now, and we are confident that the new material will blow you away! The album is scheduled for release in the first half of 2012. As soon as we have a more exact date, we’ll let you know! As usual, the studio madness will be documented in our (in)famous video blogs.

Cheers!

/ Joey, Love, Nils, George & Mike

3rd Dynazty album in first half of 2012.....brilliant news, Knock You Down is great album IMO - this from their website -

We are very proud to announce that we will enter The Abyss studio together with renowned producer Peter Tägtgren in december 2011 to record our third album. This is indeed very exciting for us! Since Tägtgren is known for producing VERY heavy stuff, we think that this collaboration can take us to a new level, and maybe even a new, more modern direction.

We’ve been writing songs for a couple of months now, and we are confident that the new material will blow you away! The album is scheduled for release in the first half of 2012. As soon as we have a more exact date, we’ll let you know! As usual, the studio madness will be documented in our (in)famous video blogs.

Cheers!

/ Joey, Love, Nils, George & Mike

Wow, great news! They seem on a roll! Love the fact, that quite a few bands start releasing albums on a very regular basis again!

Looking forward to this one!!

Excited about Dynazty but I began to worry that this is gonne feel too hurried, but hopefully it's because they have lots of great songs at their disposal that haven't make it to the new album. I guess they did, judging from the 5 bonus tracks on 2 different versions.

And are there any news from these bands, apparently their last news is in 2008 or 2009 and should be about time for them to release a new album

AIRLESS

BLANC FACES

DANGER DANGER

EXTREME

GREAT WHITE

HARDLINE

KHYMERA

PLACE VENDOME

SILENCE

STRYPER

WIG WAM

WINGER

sounds great if they're back in 2012!

Excited about Dynazty but I began to worry that this is gonne feel too hurried, but hopefully it's because they have lots of great songs at their disposal that haven't make it to the new album. I guess they did, judging from the 5 bonus tracks on 2 different versions.

And are there any news from these bands, apparently their last news is in 2008 or 2009 and should be about time for them to release a new album

AIRLESS

BLANC FACES

DANGER DANGER

EXTREME

GREAT WHITE

HARDLINE

KHYMERA

PLACE VENDOME

SILENCE

STRYPER

WIG WAM

WINGER

sounds great if they're back in 2012!

I was also wondering what had happened to Blanc Faces.

Khymera's above listed, mate.

I believe word was that there wouldn't be another Danger Danger album.

I sure hope Wig Wam have one on the way.

Yes sorry about Khymera, missed it, hopefully it's going to be a great one!

some other confirmed titles for next year

ACCEPT - Stalingrad (Heavy Metal) / Nuclear Blast [Apr]

AXEL RUDI PELL - Cirlce of The Oath (Melodic Metal) / SPV [Mar]

FREEDOM CALL - Land of The Crimson Dawn (Power Metal) / SPV [Feb 24th]

HOUSE OF SHAKIRA - HoS (Melodic Rock) / Lion Music [Jan 27th]

LILLIAN AXE - XI: The Days Before Tomorrow (Hard Rock) / Love and War Records

MAD MAX - Another Night of Passion (Melodic Rock) / SPV [Mar 30th]

PAUL SABU - Bloody Hell (AOR) / Z Records [Mar]

SUNSTORM - Emotional Fire (AOR) / Frontiers Records [Oct]

TESTAMENT - The Dark Roots of Earth (Thrash Metal) / Nuclear Blast [May]

You can add a new Gotthard album to that list, out in spring 2012!

I also hope for a new Wig Wam disc, but unfortunately it seems they've lost momentum with "Non Stop Rock'n'Roll".

I think I read somewhere that Extreme have been writing sort of a concept-album (àlà "III Sides") for the last two years, so hopefully it's going to get released next year.

Hardline seems off the cards, BUT Mario from Frontiers mentioned something about Johnny Gioli being involved in another album slated for release spring 2012 over @melodicrock.

One I forgot about is Trixter! Judging from their FB-page they have pretty much finished an up-coming record. I'm really looking forward to this one!

I think I read somewhere that Extreme have been writing sort of a concept-album (àlà "III Sides") for the last two years, so hopefully it's going to get released next year.

Hopefully... not? ;)

That Trixter shout-out is a piece of random. I was listening to Stereo Fallout the other day and it crossed my mind that I thought Trixter were meant to be recording again. Man, that one could be a surprise packet - I really hope it's as good as it could and should be.

Dr Nightrain, I wonder if you can tell me. I look forward to the Sunstorm CD in that list but the rest look like certain finishers outside my top 200 (:lol:) but I do have to ask. Did Paul Sabu release a CD this year too? I swear I saw a new title from him the other day somewhere on the net...

Ohh, one more that just sprung to mind, but dont I recall reading on Kelly Keeling's FB page that the new Baton Rouge was definitely on and in the process of being recorded?? Must be a 2012 release surely?

Hopefully... not? ;)

That Trixter shout-out is a piece of random. I was listening to Stereo Fallout the other day and it crossed my mind that I thought Trixter were meant to be recording again. Man, that one could be a surprise packet - I really hope it's as good as it could and should be.

Dr Nightrain, I wonder if you can tell me. I look forward to the Sunstorm CD in that list but the rest look like certain finishers outside my top 200 (:lol:) but I do have to ask. Did Paul Sabu release a CD this year too? I swear I saw a new title from him the other day somewhere on the net...

Haha yeah some of those metal thing aren't for you, some of em are only okay for me too but I think Accept and Mad Max might surprise me, well never judge anything until you push those albums to your ears later. Sabu did a compilation thing this year, not even worth a pick-up i guess except you get it for a $1, in case you did, please let me know if you don't want it :D

also interested to hear a new album of :

ACTION

BABYLON BOMBS

BROTHER FIRETRIBE

CROSSFIRE (Israel glam, any news?)

FINAL FRONTIER (after Moratti's solo, probably could be FF's turn next year?)

JADED HEART

KORITNI

LOVERBOY

PINK CREAM 69

RAMOS / HUGO (wonder will there ever be a sophomore record?)

REO SPEEDWAGON

ROCKARMA (are they still exist or disbanded?)

SKID ROW (a proper come-back to the classic sound required!)

oh and W.A.S.P should make one too, their last disc, 'Babylon' is awesome!