ALICE COOPER

Nightrain

ALICE COOPER - No More Mr.Nice Guy Tour

Live at eX Park, Jakarta, Oct 7th 2011

Cooper_2.jpg

Last Friday, the shock rock icon visited Jakarta for a quick stop before going to Europe. I went to the gig, cruising down a hell of a traffic because the venue is a bit unusual, they held it right in the middle of a hectic business district where Hard Rock Cafe is situated, but fast forward, the show is on very late, probably around 11PM and finished in 2 hours, but it's completely a major satisfaction. Alice is such a true entertainer, I must admit I'm not familiar with many songs from his classic days because I only dig his commercial era (Trash, Stoopid, etc), but luckily, he played many hits like 'I'm Eighteen', 'No More Mr.Nice Guy', and 'Only Women Bleed', so I can sing along with the older guys there lol

Cooper_1.jpg

Unfortunately, the ticket price was very high (up to $70-$80) and lack of promotion, hence the crowd is too small for veteran like this (perhaps only 1.000). Don't know what the promotor has been doing, but Alice should have gathered at least 4,000 crowd with a reasonable ticket price. Lucky for me, I

snapped a cheap presale ticket around $30 and got to watch a very memorable concert. His vocal is quite okay, his movement is limited but he got my high respect for a star performing stunts like this at his 60s. He brought many interesting things to the stage, from the spider costume, to the woman dolls, from guillotine to the Frankenstein monster.

Cooper_3.jpg

Great show!

Complete Setlist

1. The Black Widow (Welcome To My Nightmare #9)

2. Brutal Planet (Brutal Planet #1)

3. I'm Eighteen (Love It To Death #2)

4. Under My Wheels (Killer #1)

5. Billion Dollar Babies (Billion Dollar Babies #4)

6. No More Mr.Nice Guy (Billion Dollar Babies #6)

7. Hey Stoopid (Hey Stoopid #1)

8. Is It My Body (Love It To Death #5)

9. Halo of Flies (Killer #3)

10. I'll Bite Your Face Off (Welcome 2 My Nightmare #7)

11. Muscle of Love (Muscle of Love #6)

12. Only Women Bleed (Welcome To My Nightmare #2)

13. Cold Ethyl (Welcome To My Nightmare #7)

14. Feed My Frankestein (Hey Stoopid #7)

15. Clones (We're All) (Flush The Fashion #2)

16. Poison (Trash #1)

17. Wicked Young Man (Brutal Planet #2)

18. I Love The Dead (Billion Dollar Babies #10)

19. School's Out (School's Out #1)

Encore

20. Elected (Billion Dollar Babies #3)

yeah absolutely fun to watch him, even though looks like the tricks are old and samey everytime he performed (based on what I've read), but this is my first time, and could be the last, so that's pretty awesome. It's nice to see how he brought up the lady doll on 'Only Woman Bleed', he caressed her softly and even kissed on that doll right at the end, but when the next song, 'Cold Ethyl' is on, he treated that doll awfully like a serial killer wrecking up his victim. That's sick and insane, but it's a brutally beautiful scene, yeah this grandpa's an ace! Top notch!

you know, around four years ago, Heaven and Hell came to Singapore (one hour flight from Jakarta), Dio's is still in a very fine shape, but since I'm not a huge fan of Black Sabbath (I like them, but not a diehard), I passed up on the concert because I think well probably later when they came to Indonesia. I love Dio, and if Dio came alone to play Holy Diver, I think I'll fly there, but just didn't know it was actually my last chance to see him back then, so it's kinda sad :(

We don't know people's age so it's impossible for me to pass up on Alice's concert when I know it's once in a lifetime thing, well hopefully he's always in a very fine shape, but nobody knows right ? Opportunity like this is a luxury to us in a far places from the States, so yeah, if he comes near your place in the near future, it's a must see.

Cool stuff, man. I saw Alice live only once, back in 1991 (on the ill fated "Operation Rock N Roll Tour" that also featured Judas Priest, Metal Church, Dangerous Toys and Motorhead) and even though I was never much more than a casual Alice fan I gotta say his stage show blew me away. One of the best "productions" I've ever seen.

Some great pics. I saw Alice on his Trash Tour which was great, the band were awesome but he sounded tired vocally. Still he is still rocking, bless him. Pity they didn't play more Trash songs but I guess it's hard with such a huge pile of material. Rage showed a few of his clips on Saturday night, gotta love Poison uncut!

Cool stuff, man. I saw Alice live only once, back in 1991 (on the ill fated "Operation Rock N Roll Tour" that also featured Judas Priest, Metal Church, Dangerous Toys and Motorhead) and even though I was never much more than a casual Alice fan I gotta say his stage show blew me away. One of the best "productions" I've ever seen.

yup never been a big fan of Alice as well but he's a legend and I admire his stage show :tumbsup:

Some great pics. I saw Alice on his Trash Tour which was great, the band were awesome but he sounded tired vocally. Still he is still rocking, bless him. Pity they didn't play more Trash songs but I guess it's hard with such a huge pile of material. Rage showed a few of his clips on Saturday night, gotta love Poison uncut!

He's probably tired because of the extensive tour back then. Yeah I wish they could play another 2-3 songs from Trash/Stoopid but he has such a long career and huge hits selection and he prefer to focus on his classic era.

Interesting set list in many respects. Very surprised that it only included one song from the current album, and absolutely nothing from the albums between that and Brutal planet.

Its nice to see an artist who still understands that people go to see him live to hear his "greatest hits" rather than be overly reliant on newer stuff, as there are still lots of people going to see him for the first time who have never heard and seen the classics performed live.

I saw him back in 2002, and he was awesome back then, and from what I can see, still is.

Its nice to see that the hair metal era isnt ignored, with two tracks from Hey stoopid, and one from Trash.

It must get tough to pick a set list when you have such a long career, but I think this gives a nice over view, and is something a lot of older bands could learn from.

When I saw LA Guns on Sunday, they played My koo ka choo, and Phil pointed out that they hadnt played it in something like 15 years, so even with a band that has a catalogue half the size of Alices, its difficult to play everything people want to hear.

Interesting set list in many respects. Very surprised that it only included one song from the current album, and absolutely nothing from the albums between that and Brutal planet.

Its nice to see an artist who still understands that people go to see him live to hear his "greatest hits" rather than be overly reliant on newer stuff, as there are still lots of people going to see him for the first time who have never heard and seen the classics performed live.

I saw him back in 2002, and he was awesome back then, and from what I can see, still is.

Its nice to see that the hair metal era isnt ignored, with two tracks from Hey stoopid, and one from Trash.

It must get tough to pick a set list when you have such a long career, but I think this gives a nice over view, and is something a lot of older bands could learn from.

When I saw LA Guns on Sunday, they played My koo ka choo, and Phil pointed out that they hadnt played it in something like 15 years, so even with a band that has a catalogue half the size of Alices, its difficult to play everything people want to hear.

I think classic artists should have understand that nowadays, not many people are still following the band's career or monitoring the currently new releases and trend, so people that came to the concert is mostly looking for nostalgic act, therefore if they didn't bring out that greatest hits setlist, I bet the concert review will be poor :christmas:

and out of topic, I'm lookin' to watch a freshly downloaded performances of Guns N' Roses at Rio, looks like they also played Estranged for the first time since 1993.

BTW, how's Phil's performance last Sunday ? does he still sound awesome like he used to ?

I fully agree. Which is why I will never go see Iron Maiden again. Its quite normal to throw in quite a few tracks from the latest album, and I understand that, which is why I was surprised that only one from the current Alice album made the set.

LA Guns were fucking awesome. Phil is still Phil. Great performer, and a great frontman.

Its been ten years since I saw them last, and I will be honest in saying that as much as I like the classic line up (only one 'original' member was missing when I saw them in 2001), the bassist and guitarist were no different to hearing the originals. Only guy thats isnt replaceable is Phil.

Its hard to believe the guy is 54.

I will have to post some photos later.