Bad Trade With Olfert (Lasse Olsen) from Denmark

Replied to his trading post and asked for 1 cd, also sent my trade list. He replied to trade for 2 cds from my list and I agreed.

I asked for the condition of his cd and he replied:

"The CD is in fine condition the same goes for booklet and poster. The Original Case Has A small crack on the side not visible from the front."

So I shipped my 2 cds the same day, both mint/unplayed (one still sealed). Received his cd a few days later. The booklet was not in fine condition. It was torn in 2 pieces and the paper inside was also damaged. I dropped him a line that I´m not happy with the trade and the condition of the booklet. But he never replied to all of my 3 mails .

Imo this is very poor and I can only warn everyone not to trade with this guy.

Yes, no one´s perfect, things like this can happen. A booklet looks great if you did not check it outside the case. But if you´ve made a mistake like that you should naturally send a refund or something like that.

Never traded with Olfert and for sure will not in the future.

I've not traded with Olfert (Lasse) myself... But is it possible he may be out of town or something and that is why he hasn't responded to your emails? How long has it been since you emailed him?

I don't know... but I think that most regulars here are very honest. I've been on both sides of a trade or sale that wasn't perfect and in both cases were able to work things out with the members involved. As a seller there is a chance that he might have made an honest mistake. If things are worked out between you, make sure to post and inform if things are made right.

This post seems to need a response from me..

So here's things seen from my perspective.

Let me start by saying that I stand by my description mentioned above.

The CD and poster was in fine condition, same goes for the booklet which was NOT torn i 2 pieces.

Oliver did send two CD's to me one in good shape no doubt,the other one that was supposed to be Sealed/unplayed ..

well it was sealed allright but not factory sealed, besides it has several minor scratches so its absolutly not unplayed.

I did not respond to any of his messages (Which is only 2 PM's and NO mails)

In the first message he complains over the booklet and offers to send me a picture of it, this did surprise me

because if I had send a dammaged booklet why would I need a picture of it I should already know how it looked.

In the second message he's asking for a reply.

I could/should have responed before but now this post can be considdered as my reply and at the same time as a warning to others

if you consider doing trades with:

Oliver Gichert

Stuttgart

Germany

Why should I complain the booklet if it´s fine?

And who would not reply to a mail (like Olfert did) if he is sure he did everything right??

The sealed cd I shipped is a brand new cd from a german mailorder. I order my cds there now for many years. Impossible that a sealed cd has marks.

I have to say that Olferts reply is as poor as the condition of the booklet.He´s a liar, nothing more nothing less.

I´d be happy to send the pics of the damaged booklet to everyone who likes to check it. (drop me a line)

This post seems to need a response from me..

So here's things seen from my perspective.

Let me start by saying that I stand by my description mentioned above.

The CD and poster was in fine condition, same goes for the booklet which was NOT torn i 2 pieces.

Oliver did send two CD's to me one in good shape no doubt,the other one that was supposed to be Sealed/unplayed ..

well it was sealed allright but not factory sealed, besides it has several minor scratches so its absolutly not unplayed.

I did not respond to any of his messages (Which is only 2 PM's and NO mails)

In the first message he complains over the booklet and offers to send me a picture of it, this did surprise me

because if I had send a dammaged booklet why would I need a picture of it I should already know how it looked.

In the second message he's asking for a reply.

I could/should have responed before but now this post can be considdered as my reply and at the same time as a warning to others

if you consider doing trades with:

Oliver Gichert

Stuttgart

Germany

Well without picking sides, if you chose to not reply, then its no surprise that this has gone public.

I have dealt with complainants on eBay many times when I know there is no issue with the items, or that the items were described with certain issues, but I ALWAYS reply to them as quite often it can be sorted out with a single reply.

Even if you know or believe the complainant is wrong, you can often save yourself a huge headache just by communicating.

You´re right. Very unusual thing not to reply to the guide I traded with. This should be an absolute matter of course.

I traded several times over the last years with Oliver. Everything was great, very reliable guy. I can´t think of a reason why he should complain stuff that he´d received in perfect shape.

Well without picking sides, if you chose to not reply, then its no surprise that this has gone public.

I have dealt with complainants on eBay many times when I know there is no issue with the items, or that the items were described with certain issues, but I ALWAYS reply to them as quite often it can be sorted out with a single reply.

Even if you know or believe the complainant is wrong, you can often save yourself a huge headache just by communicating.

The sealed cd I shipped is a brand new cd from a german mailorder. I order my cds there now for many years. Impossible that a sealed cd has marks.

I'd just like to point out, it is possible to get a new CD from a mail order place with scratches. It happened to me before. Some companies (like Sun City from my past experiences) will send their CDs to resellers without jewel cases (the CDs are in spools). Then the reseller will seal them up. So the CDs rubbing together can scratch them up some. I bought several SunCity CDs from a reseller and sent them back because of scatches and the reseller sent me some unscratches one's back. So it can happen. Probably doesn't happen that often though.

I asked Oliver to send me the pic of the booklet. It´s a booklet of a Long Island Gold cd, that most of us will know. Front page shows a window where you can see the cover through.

And indeed this front page is torn apart and shows inside a lot of wear. So all in all in bad condition.

I won´t judge, but the fact that we haven´t heard from Olfert any more says it all (imo).

Seems this conflict can´t be solved so I think it´s time to close this post.

You´re right. Very unusual thing not to reply to the guide I traded with. This should be an absolute matter of course.

I traded several times over the last years with Oliver. Everything was great, very reliable guy. I can´t think of a reason why he should complain stuff that he´d received in perfect shape.