Frontline discs

Leykis101

Ok this is one of those bands ive never really gotten into, they are good, but I recently heard the song Any Other Way, and was wondering if I buy this whole disc am i going to be happy or sad at the following songs? this song is killer!

Oh... my... christ. Are you in for a treat. Before you take your next breath, buy these immediately:

1. Almost Unreleased

2. Right Attitude (And 'Heroes' if you can find it cheap. It's the same CD with a few track variances on each version)

Then, if you dig those get these:

3. Against the World

4. The Seventh Sign

5. Circles

6. The State of Rock

Enjoy. One of the best and most consistent bands in the recent era of melodic rock, imo.

Okay, I have Against The World, but I really liked the song Any Other Way, so i just ordered the cd, for starters, i'll see how i like that then go from there.

Buy "Heroes" (my version comes with the terrible "Circles" disc, but it's only the price of 1-disc so you can skip that one). Maybe get "State of Rock" if it's cheap too, but definitely skip "Circles" and "The Seventh Sign" which are both bland and unmemorable.

Buy "Heroes" (my version comes with the terrible "Circles" disc, but it's only the price of 1-disc so you can skip that one). Maybe get "State of Rock" if it's cheap too, but definitely skip "Circles" and "The Seventh Sign" which are both bland and unmemorable.

So what is Heroes? just so I dont have to waste my time checking it out, is it one you guys believe i can just "blind order"? do you give me your word it's sweet melodic bliss? and assure me it's one of if not their best disc?

So what is Heroes? just so I dont have to waste my time checking it out, is it one you guys believe i can just "blind order"? do you give me your word it's sweet melodic bliss? and assure me it's one of if not their best disc?

You really can't go wrong with "Heroes" if you dig "Any Other Way"!

It's my personal fave from their catalogue (closely followed by "Against The World" and "Almost Unreleased") and certainly their most AORish CD. There's no weak track on it IMHO. Originally only released in Japan and quite expensive but as Tim says just get it in the 2-CD set togther with "Circles".

Cheers

Ralfster

You really can't go wrong with "Heroes" if you dig "Any Other Way"!

It's my personal fave from their catalogue (closely followed by "Against The World" and "Almost Unreleased") and certainly their most AORish CD. There's no weak track on it IMHO. Originally only released in Japan and quite expensive but as Tim says just get it in the 2-CD set togther with "Circles".

Cheers

Ralfster

Yeah, if you can get that it sounds like a sweet deal. The other alternative being 'Right Attitude,' which features a lot of the songs from 'Heroes' and was released on one of the non-Jap labels. Was it Point Music or something? These days, though, that's probably just as hard to find.

I agree Tim.

I think 'Circles' is pretty weak and average, probably at around 60%, but I forgot how 'The Seventh Sign' sounds, is it really as bland as it is ?

I agree Tim.

I think 'Circles' is pretty weak and average, probably at around 60%, but I forgot how 'The Seventh Sign' sounds, is it really as bland as it is ?

I don't think 'Circles' and 'The Seventh Sign' are bad albums at all. I agree for sure that they're not the best that Frontline was capable of, but imo they were still fine melodic hard rock albums. The problem they had towards the end was that they seemed more intent on being heavier, rather than concentrating on the ridiculous amounts of melody and perfect riffs they'd delivered in the past. Song writing prowess seemed to get cast aside for the sake of some bollocks.

But yeah, either way, you'd be a harsh man to actually say they were bad CDs at all. I guess it's the band's own fault for setting such an amazingly high standard with some utterly stunning early work.

I had 'State of Rock' and got rid. Not bad, but only one song I really liked, i.e. 'Over and Out', which is an incredibly awesome song with incredibly awful lyrics. "When man first discovered the earth" - lmfao!!! :rofl2:

I also have a song that I think is by them with a chorus that goes, "Yes I'm out of control 'cause my heart burns for you". Nice song, no idea what it is.

Sadly, Geoff's tips seem to be expensive CDs to buy.

Frontline also have an Itunes only album aswell for the completist if anyone's interested.

What's that called and what's on it? All songs not on other albums?

Frontline also have an Itunes only album aswell for the completist if anyone's interested.

I couldnt find any of their stuff on Itunes? am i looking in the wrong place?

I agree Tim.

Yep it's dull. Plus they try and cover Journey's "Separate Ways" and totally embarass themselves.

So I guess I'll be downloading 'Almost Unreleased' and 'Right Attitude'/'Heroes' as the CDs are so damned expensive. Might pick up 'Against the World' on CD at some point. I wasn't all that impressed with 'State of Rock', but the samples I've checked out since reading this thread all sound very interesting...

So I guess I'll be downloading 'Almost Unreleased' and 'Right Attitude'/'Heroes' as the CDs are so damned expensive. Might pick up 'Against the World' on CD at some point. I wasn't all that impressed with 'State of Rock', but the samples I've checked out since reading this thread all sound very interesting...

Sounds like a good plan, mate. You'd have to be super hard to impress if those 3 CDs didn't do it for you.

As noted above, 'State of Rock' is also my least favourite CD from the band. I think it's a very good melodic rock CD, but it must be said that the vocals are just awful on that. The dude's not the strongest singer at the best of times, but his vocals are easily the worst on the debut. Although, 'It's not over' is also one of the best somgs Frontline have recorded.

I've said it about Frontline before, and say what you will about particular aspects of their albums, but imo they have - hands down, by miles - some of the best melodic rock riffs I have ever heard in my entire life. And I'm not talking big beefy metal riffs... but stunningly melodic riffs - kind of exactly what I look and hope for from music. Their 'Right Attidude'/'Heroes'/'Almost Unreleased' albums not only contain one or two magic riffs, but almost 3 full albums worth of them.

What's that called and what's on it? All songs not on other albums?

Look up FRONTLINE - ULTIMATE SALVATION, it was released last year.

The next Frontline album will be released through FRONTIERS in 2012 :)

Thanks mate. Found it. But isn't this just material that's been on their other albums:

01. I'll Be There For You for Save You

02. I swear

03. Someone To Love

04. Between The Lines

05. Change His Life

06. Separate Ways

07. Everything You Do

08. Any Other Way

09. Save Me

10. Shelter Me

The first song doesn't sound familiar (Is that even the right name?), but I know all the rest.

Can't wait for the new album. I usually like when bands go heavier through time, but in Frontline's case I do really hope they revert back to their older more AOR/melodic rock ways. Either way, truly can't wait to hear what they come up with next.

I had 'State of Rock' and got rid. Not bad, but only one song I really liked, i.e. 'Over and Out', which is an incredibly awesome song with incredibly awful lyrics. "When man first discovered the earth" - lmfao!!! :rofl2:

I also have a song that I think is by them with a chorus that goes, "Yes I'm out of control 'cause my heart burns for you". Nice song, no idea what it is.

Anyone know which song this is?

• 3 years later...

At the moment, with the "downtime" between years, I'm trying to make some inroads into my dream of one day having my entire collection rated and catalogued. It's a decade+ long dream, I know, but something I hope to one day complete. Anyway, I've kind of selected pretty randomly from the collection, until now when I'm just going straight in from numbers then A-Z. But occasionally I get on one of my "kicks" where I crave a band, and these days when I do that I always bring a pen along and kill two birds with one stone. Long story short, I recently went on a Frontline kick and this was the result of my delving into their discography, for those who might be interested. Great band with an extremely strong discography, and I miss them greatly. I wonder what they do with themselves these days...

1. Almost Unreleased - 2003 - 89%

2. Right Attitude - 2000 - 88%
3. The Seventh Sign - 2004 - 87%
4. Heroes - 1997 - 86%
5. Against The World - 2002 - 84%
6. Circles - 2006 - 83%
7. The State Of Rock - 1994 - 82%
8. Two Faced - 1995 - 80%
Difficult discography to rate as a lot of songs overlap on Almost Unreleased / Right Attitude and Heroes, but without getting too technical, that's how it looks for me.

This definitely was a great band!!

• 2 years later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Anyone know which song this is?

It's Endless from their debut album.AWESOME!!! band....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmASb0jaNU4