FarCry - High Gear VS Optimism

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love both of these almost equally but I'd say my fav might be High Gear but I change my mind dependent upon which one I'm listening to at the time. High Gear was album of the year for 2009 and I expect Optimism to be in my top 2 or 3 for 2011.

Fav songs are "Have It All" from High Gear - Pete's solo takes this one to another level plus it was the first FarCry song I heard so will always be my fav. I dig the Chasing Magic version of this song(Jace wrote it) but FarCry put their own stamp on this tune making it their own just as do with "Fine Line". The only tune I never cared much for from High Gear is "Nowhere Fast".

Fav song from Optimism would be "Now That It's Over". I just love the intensity of this one and the lyrics from Mark are great as well. So many other great tunes on this one like "Best of Me", "Light Go Down", "Free", "Too Hot To Hold", "Better Than This" and "Nothing you could do". The only tune I'm not crazy about is "Love At First Sight". To me that tune seems out of place.

For those that don't have one of these albums and you love Melodic Hard Rock(of course you do or you wouldn't be on this site) go out and buy these like now.

Yeah, 2 very good albums. I'd rate 'High Gear' as my favourite too. If I had to list my top 5 favourite Farcry songs I think they'd all come from 'High Gear';

1. Same Mistake

2. Fine Line

3. Heaven

4. Love won't wait

Next one could be any one of these:

Talk to me

Those were the days

Over and over again

Better than this

Best of me

But yeah, overall I think I'd lean towards the debut for my fave. :)

There's a poll now. I missed it first time 'round:

1. High Gear

2. Same Mistake

3. Best Of Me

I went with Optimism by a hair over High Gear (love both album covers btw). Fav track on High Gear is "Fine Line". Fav track on Optimism is "Now That It's Over". That track originally didn't jump out at me but I had the cd playing one afternoon while cleaning out the garage and that song came on and I was like damn, that's a kickass tune!. :beerbang:

Only five votes so far? WTF?

I would of assumed that most members of this board had both of these discs.

Actually I voted twice so there's only 4 votes... :whistle:

:lol:

"Out of Reach" and "Now That It's Over" were my fave songs (off the respective albums). I thought they cranked-it-up on the second disc, and am kinda surprised to hear people say they preferred the first one. The solo-ing was much more awesome on the follow-up too. Personal taste dictated I love their more AOR-type tunes so an album full of those would be nice please?

"Out of Reach" and "Now That It's Over" were my fave songs (off the respective albums). I thought they cranked-it-up on the second disc, and am kinda surprised to hear people say they preferred the first one. The solo-ing was much more awesome on the follow-up too. Personal taste dictated I love their more AOR-type tunes so an album full of those would be nice please?

The albums are almost even for me but I guess since I've lived with the debut for two plus years I prefer that one for now but I change my mind every time I spin the new one. I prefer when they get a little heavier as my picks show with Have it All and Now That It's Over but outside of Love At First Sight and Nowhere Fast I love all of their songs.

Only five votes so far? WTF?

I would of assumed that most members of this board had both of these discs.

Actually I voted twice so there's only 4 votes... :whistle:

:lol:

How did you pull that off? :wacko:

I made a second user name for myself...Acoustic Rick.

KIDDING! I only voted once. :D