Bad Amazon Buyer

Bad Amazon customer:

Jake Dowdle

XXXXX XXXXXXXXX XX [street address removed by mod]

SOUTH JORDAN, UT

Sold my copy of Bad Habit - "13 Years of Bad Habits" to this dude a few days ago.

Here was my description:

"RARE 2000 Virgin Records Sweden release. UPC 724384912925. CD in very good-excellent condition. However, inserts have suffered severe humidity damage. In fact, front booklet pages are stuck together. But that is why this one is priced to sell! If you are careful, maybe you can steam the front pages open? No guarantees on that happening, though. Anyway, this is a great opportunity to own this EXCELLENT music at a portion of the going price! Free First Class shipping upgrade and Delivery Confirmation included. Jewel case is intact but shows some wear. Sorry, but we can only accept orders from the USA and Canada. Canadian customers, please contact us before placing an order."

This is the email I received today:

"I got the Bad Habit - 13 years CD today. I will have to request all my money back (including shipping). This album is completely water damaged and unacceptable.

Thanks,

Jake"

Does anyone think my description of the inserts wasn't clear enough? :blink:

Looks like dude got himself some free mp3s, as right now I plan to refund his money if he returns the CD.

As an Amazon customer, he is now :baneed: from my store.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, nowhere in your description do you mention any water damaged to the inserts or wear on the jewel case. I'm sorry but it looks like you're at fault here.

Yeah, nowhere in your description do you mention any water damaged to the inserts or wear on the jewel case. I'm sorry but it looks like you're at fault here.

Water = humidity in my book. Besides, it WAS severe humidity from a very damp basement which ruined some of my inserts, and I DID say the front insert was all stuck together and questioned whether separating them was possible.

Oh, and I definitely mentioned wear on the jewel case (recheck the description), although that is a minor concern.

The CD is completely fine.

But..... does anyone else feel I should have been more explicit?

• My Little Pony

Water = humidity in my book. Besides, it WAS severe humidity from a very damp basement which ruined some of my inserts, and I DID say the front insert was all stuck together and questioned whether separating them was possible.

Oh, and I definitely mentioned wear on the jewel case (recheck the description), although that is a minor concern.

I was being sarcastic. The level to which you described your item is second only to Koog's. Your buyer's an ass.

I explained that I would refund his money after he returned the CD.

This is the return email from good ole' Jake:

"No. When I receive my money back and the money to ship it back I will send it back to you. I did not make the mistake here. If you are not willing to comply, I will just make a claim with amazon and they will decide how to handle it.

Thanks,

Jake"

Does anyone else sense a scam here?

Doesn't Amazon require proof of return before issuing a refund? That's the way Ebay and Paypal are. Anyway, I told him to file his claim. If he files, it will be my first ever against me on Amazon. Guess I have been lucky so far.

I was being sarcastic. The level to which you described your item is second only to Koog's. Your buyer's an ass.

Sorry, man. I totally missed your point.... I feel like an :ahole: I am just too fired up about this, I guess.

I see this shit all the time. They will have to return the item before they can get there money back. As far as I know they also have to prove they returned it with either delivery confirmation or signature. And they pay the return postage not you

I get so sick if these freaking idiots buying without reading the description that if I was you if he doesnt send it back with proof of deliver just pretend it never came back. At some point these people have to learn to be responsible for what they do.

1. Buyers on Amazon never read the fine print. Period.

2. It's not eBay, where the buyer can try and do whatever they want to extort a refund. Amazon has very explicit and rigid procedures for how to handle returns.

3. Amazon buyers, like eBay buyers, can return anything for any reason at any time. As a seller you have no say.

If I'm not mistaken, the buyer is a member of this very site.

Sounds to me like their should be a public stoning and an instant :baneed: from the HH community for this kind of behaviour.

On topic:

The item description was very precise. What a douchebag!

I am totally pissed at Amazon right now. Someone in the claims department has poop for brains. No kidding.

They granted the claim of Jake Dowdle, butthead Amazon customer. :ahole: They did not even require him to return the CD!

They did not bother to send me a notice. I had to dig it up on my own.

Then Jake Dowdle, butthead Amazon customer :ahole: just slammed me with a "1" (Poor/Negative) rating, my first ever! And he got a FREE CD out of the deal! What a load of rubbish!

Amazon will be getting a daily email from me until this matter is settled to my satisfaction.

I am really burning! :2up:

This is what my wife had to say about this. After all, I had actually shown her the stuck together inserts before I listed the item.

Romans 12:19:

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave itto the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Watch out, Jakie!

I am totally pissed at Amazon right now. Someone in the claims department has poop for brains. No kidding.

They granted the claim of Jake Dowdle, butthead Amazon customer. :ahole: They did not even require him to return the CD!

They did not bother to send me a notice. I had to dig it up on my own.

Then Jake Dowdle, butthead Amazon customer :ahole: just slammed me with a "1" (Poor/Negative) rating, my first ever! And he got a FREE CD out of the deal! What a load of rubbish!

Amazon will be getting a daily email from me until this matter is settled to my satisfaction.

I am really burning! :2up:

You should be fuming!

What absolute rubbish on Amazons account and on the uber douche JD's.

Still stand by my dirst statement about being banned and if I were you, I would not/could not wait for the "wrath of God" I'd start fileting across the world wide web. Hell doesn't everyone have a Facebook, etc... Word spreads fast, especially "bad" words and this guy should be on everyones "most wanted" "watch out for" lists...

My 2 cents anyway.

Hell doesn't everyone have a Facebook, etc...

Nah, I dont think This guy does. ;)

The link doesn't take me anywhere on FB? This is what I get:

The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

I finally responded to the Negative rating on Amazon:

"Most perplexing selling experience EVER! Buyer complained front inserts were stuck together (clearly mentioned in description). Said not in Acceptable condition, but Amazon rules for Acceptable include damaged or even MISSING inserts! Kept CD, filed claim. AMAZON GRANTED CLAIM with no return of CD! Say what? Then to top it off buyer gives negative rating, our first ever. Amazon really let us down."

Then I gave my experience with him a "1" like he had given me (although I don't know who can actually see these ratings). Plus this was my explanation:

"If there is a worse Amazon customer, you would have to prove it to us. Buyer complained front inserts were stuck together (clearly mentioned in description). Said not in Acceptable condition, but Amazon rules for Acceptable include damaged or even MISSING inserts! Kept CD, filed claim. AMAZON GRANTED CLAIM with no return of CD! Say what? Then scamming buyer gives negative rating, our first ever."

I would have loved to say a lot more, but Amazon limits these comments to 400 characters (which I used completely both times.) Plus we have to stay decent and non-abusive! At least I got to vent a little on Amazon, even though the unjust rating stays intact, and probably no one can see the negative rating I gave this scam artist jerk.

Ergf.

1. Let's leave God out of this. I somehow doubt he's going to inflict 7 plagues just because someone did a return on Amazon.

2. If there is an argument to be had, I think it is more so with Amazon and their allowing a refund without the buyer having to return the merchandise, than with the buyer per se (see below). Has the seller tried to communicate with Amazon in a manner other than an online fill-in form, i.e., picking up the phone, to determine WHY Amazon did not require the return of the merchandise as they normally do?

Amazon, eBay... anyone who has sold there for more than 10 minutes should know that as a seller you are giving a 30-45 dey return privilege (depending on venue), REGARDLESS of what you have described in your listing. It's old news. It's one of the things you deal with as a seller. Rant. Rave. Move on. It's not going to change.

Most importantly: until someone is proven to be a repeat scammer (and I'm sorry but filing a return through Amazon does NOT constitute being labeled as a scammer), posting a buyer's or seller's private information here on the board is a no-no.

-Dan

Ergf.

1. Let's leave God out of this. I somehow doubt he's going to inflict 7 plagues just because someone did a return on Amazon.

2. If there is an argument to be had, I think it is more so with Amazon and their allowing a refund without the buyer having to return the merchandise, than with the buyer per se (see below). Has the seller tried to communicate with Amazon in a manner other than an online fill-in form, i.e., picking up the phone, to determine WHY Amazon did not require the return of the merchandise as they normally do?

Amazon, eBay... anyone who has sold there for more than 10 minutes should know that as a seller you are giving a 30-45 dey return privilege (depending on venue), REGARDLESS of what you have described in your listing. It's old news. It's one of the things you deal with as a seller. Rant. Rave. Move on. It's not going to change.

Most importantly: until someone is proven to be a repeat scammer (and I'm sorry but filing a return through Amazon does NOT constitute being labeled as a scammer), posting a buyer's or seller's private information here on the board is a no-no.

-Dan

Dan,

Sorry if I have offended you or if I seem to be obsessing... (I am, I admit it.) I appreciate this site a lot, and I do not want to abuse my privileges here.

From their own statements, Amazon is NOT requiring that he return the CD, so it seems I have been burned on that end.

I have sent over ten emails discussing this issue with Amazon. There has been no answer to my satisfaction.

Looks like my next step is to do what you suggest: call.

As far as the God statement, I believe God is true to His Word. But I guess it can also be summarized in the statement "What comes around, goes around."

After all, not one of us is close to perfect.

Thanks, Dan.

Let's leave God out of this. I somehow doubt He's going to inflict 7 plagues just because someone did a return on Amazon.

I agree, 7 plagues it way too much to ask. But seems to me just 1 plague would suffice in this situation. Something minor. Like locusts. "If thou is a jackass on Amazon, thou shalt suffer a plague of locusts within thy house, and they shall be ensnarled by the thousands in thy pubes."

Let's leave God out of this. I somehow doubt He's going to inflict 7 plagues just because someone did a return on Amazon.

I agree, 7 plagues it way too much to ask. But seems to me just 1 plague would suffice in this situation. Something minor. Like locusts. "If thou is a jackass on Amazon, thou shalt suffer a plague of locusts within thy house, and they shall be ensnarled by the thousands in thy pubes."

:rofl2:

Man, I laughed out loud! :tumbsup:

Hell doesn't everyone have a Facebook, etc...

Nah, I dont think This guy does. ;)

The link doesn't take me anywhere on FB? This is what I get:

The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

Obviously shut down the account after seeing the link posted here.

I just cut and pasted the link, and tested it after I posted it.