Most demanding buyer EVER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't pay any attention to what Fat Freddy might tell you. No special sauce was used in the shipping process of your cd's.

:rofl2: I'd forgotten about this thread. I had to go back and re-read the whole thing to remember why I was mentioned here.

reading this thread, it kinda reminds me of some of the people I was dealing with when I was selling comics, although not as bad.

they would pay for their auction then start demanding that I put in two lots of cardboard and other shit to make sure their items wont be damaged, to which I'd have to point out that in the 6 or 7 years that I had been selling comics, my packaging has nearly always been commented on as being well done, and that if they wanted extra packaging that would then up the weight of the item, it doesnt come free.

One guy had the cheek to tell me it was my obligation to swallow the extra costs, to which I politely told him to fuck off.

I pointed out that at the time I was unemployed and was selling stuff to try and keep me afloat financially, and the item he bought I actually already made a loss on due to fees etc and the fact that my postage costs on a single cheap comic (he paid 99p) were actually more than I charged him. He still tried telling me that I should have swallowed even more costs.

It was at that point when I told him to fuck off in less polite terms.

It was people like this that made me start listing shit in my auctions such as "comics do not necessarily come bagged and boarded, so if you are adamant they should be, dont bid".

I still got the odd arsehole after that saying, "I know it says its not bagged and boarded, but can you add extra packaging" ... No I fucking cant!

If it was expensive comics we were talking about, then yes I would take extra care. But dont expect me to start treating a 49p comic with the same kid gloves.

Problem is, I already had people saying postage was too high for a single issue, even though I often lost money on postage, so I couldnt start upping postage on my listings otherwise it would drive people away.

reading this thread, it kinda reminds me of some of the people I was dealing with when I was selling comics, although not as bad.

they would pay for their auction then start demanding that I put in two lots of cardboard and other shit to make sure their items wont be damaged, to which I'd have to point out that in the 6 or 7 years that I had been selling comics, my packaging has nearly always been commented on as being well done, and that if they wanted extra packaging that would then up the weight of the item, it doesnt come free.

One guy had the cheek to tell me it was my obligation to swallow the extra costs, to which I politely told him to fuck off.

I pointed out that at the time I was unemployed and was selling stuff to try and keep me afloat financially, and the item he bought I actually already made a loss on due to fees etc and the fact that my postage costs on a single cheap comic (he paid 99p) were actually more than I charged him. He still tried telling me that I should have swallowed even more costs.

It was at that point when I told him to fuck off in less polite terms.

It was people like this that made me start listing shit in my auctions such as "comics do not necessarily come bagged and boarded, so if you are adamant they should be, dont bid".

I still got the odd arsehole after that saying, "I know it says its not bagged and boarded, but can you add extra packaging" ... No I fucking cant!

If it was expensive comics we were talking about, then yes I would take extra care. But dont expect me to start treating a 49p comic with the same kid gloves.

Problem is, I already had people saying postage was too high for a single issue, even though I often lost money on postage, so I couldnt start upping postage on my listings otherwise it would drive people away.

I got tired of all the nonsense on ebay, the dumb buyers who cant read, the headaches and all the stuff that goes along with it. I just stopped selling and told ebay they are way too slanted to the buyers to be worth selling anymore. They really only want high volume sellers anyways so my comments were circular filed.