Vain - Enough Rope

DaHun72

I'm not positive but I have a feeling that the version on Davy Vain's website is just the single cd without the bonus track "Cindy". I've asked on Davy's fb page a couple times with (not surprisingly) no reply and I just asked again.

I now have the promo for the new album and can confirm that 'Cindy' is on the single disc. All sounds great and very much in the vein of 'No Respect' and 'All Those Strangers'.

Just one question tho is 'Worship You' a new song? There's you tube vids of this going back some 18 months?

Cheers

sounds promising, please update it on the 'First Impression' page for a quick glance of the album friend :popcorn:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as this one is up for pre-order at Amazon I'll throw in a pre-order for this, Steel Panther & Reckless Love. In other words, hurry up, Vain.

Wow, this'd be awesome if the new CD is a collection of songs meant for that Roadcrew project Davy Vain was involved with Steven Adler back in the early 90's. As far as I know, they did write and record a heap of songs, didn't they? I hope a bunch are from this era. :)

As soon as this one is up for pre-order at Amazon I'll throw in a pre-order for this, Steel Panther & Reckless Love. In other words, hurry up, Vain.

looks like Vain, if ever gonna show up at amazon, could be expensive, probably the cheapest one should be at their home, musicbuymail ?

looks like Vain, if ever gonna show up at amazon, could be expensive, probably the cheapest one should be at their home, musicbuymail ?

Yep it popped up today... for 14.99 pounds, which basically equals the price of a house here in Australia.

Yep it popped up today... for 14.99 pounds, which basically equals the price of a house here in Australia.

:rofl2:

Wow, this'd be awesome if the new CD is a collection of songs meant for that Roadcrew project Davy Vain was involved with Steven Adler back in the early 90's. As far as I know, they did write and record a heap of songs, didn't they? I hope a bunch are from this era. :)

Can confirm that Adler is involved on at least 2 tracks - still not sure how many are actually new songs, but at least 4 have been knocking around for a while.

It terms of style, this is exactly as per the debut.

Can confirm that Adler is involved on at least 2 tracks - still not sure how many are actually new songs, but at least 4 have been knocking around for a while.

Nice! Love the debut! I shelled out some $$ for the Jap version so I hope I'm not disappointed. :unsure:

Many of the tunes on Move On It were from the Roadcrew project and Steven I think even played on two of those tracks.

Nice! Love the debut! I shelled out some $$ for the Jap version so I hope I'm not disappointed. :unsure:

You wont be...I love pretty much every track on it.

As I said in the first spins thread, with these comments this has officially jumped to the top of my most anticipated release for 2011. Mate, I really hope you are right because I want this to be the best album I have heard this year! ;)

As I said in the first spins thread, with these comments this has officially jumped to the top of my most anticipated release for 2011. Mate, I really hope you are right because I want this to be the best album I have heard this year! ;)

soundbites now on HH...........

:-))

Panther an Reckless have both gone up for preorder on Amazon UK, but Vain is still showing as notifying when its available, but even then its the jap version

Panther an Reckless have both gone up for preorder on Amazon UK, but Vain is still showing as notifying when its available, but even then its the jap version

Yeah, they're both up for me at the moment, but Vain is 14.99 (normal version, not limited edition) and Steel Panther 12.99. I don't know whether I order now and assume they'll both go down to 8.99 when they actually charge me (like Reckless Love and Shy have both done in the space of a few days) or wait it out. At the moment I'm leaning towards waiting it out. 14.99 pounds is a hell of a lot of money for a CD. Brilliant or not. Even 'Kicking & Screaming' is at 11.93.

I like Amazon because the 8.99 and free shipping works out to be a great deal... but when you start getting a bit higher, even by a few pounds, because of the harsh exchange rate it adds up real quick.

Steel Panther is £8.99 on Play.com, so will most defo drop to that or less as Amazon and Play always try to price match or beat eachother on new releases they expect to be popular.

The reason the first album kept dropping in price was due to them price matching.

The Seb Bach one you are talking about is a CD/DVD combo.

The single disc version is only marginally less at something like £11.12, but it also has one less track on the CD by all accounts.

Once again, the single disc version is £8.99 on Play, so will probably drop in price, but I dont see the DVD version dropping too much.

Steel Panther is £8.99 on Play.com, so will most defo drop to that or less as Amazon and Play always try to price match or beat eachother on new releases they expect to be popular.

The reason the first album kept dropping in price was due to them price matching.

The Seb Bach one you are talking about is a CD/DVD combo.

The single disc version is only marginally less at something like £11.12, but it also has one less track on the CD by all accounts.

Once again, the single disc version is £8.99 on Play, so will probably drop in price, but I dont see the DVD version dropping too much.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. In that case I'd happily pre-order Steel Panther and Bach today, knowing they'll go down to 8.99. But I sure would like to get the Vain CD in there too, or I'll need to wait until there are 2 other CDs available to make sure I get the free shipping. I'm also waiting on Grand Design's 'Idolizer' which isn't available yet.

Either way, it doesn't look like I'll get any before I go on holidays so maybe I'll just wait on the Vain one a tiny bit longer. No point rushing in when none of them will be available anytime real soon anyway. :)

Great review for this one at Sleaze Roxx today...I am very much looking forward to this one.

Yup me too Jeff, looking forward to it especially after Skid's review.

I was going to buy it regardless since I'm a huge fan but I look forward to it even more now.

Not anymore.

The reasons for those being taken down are quite bizarre - especially when you consider that connecting music specifically ask you up upload evidence of reviews & samples posted

The mind boggles...........

agree, it's a weird move from Davy, but nevermind, probably he's too stress out and too excited bout this one, and actually he should understand that you can't beat the internet, no matter how hard you try, the leak will always be up and ready anywhere, so instead of fightin' over some samples, he rather go out thinkin' how he can sell more CDs with a reasonable price+shipment, that's more important i guess.