New Anthrax track...

Fat Freddy

Sorry to just jump in halfway, but are Scott Ian and the other guitarist guy currently in The Damned Things with Fall Out Boy members... are they still part of Anthrax? And if not, I always thought Anthrax was Scott Ian?

I know nothing of this Fall Out Boy thingie of which you speak, but Scott and Rob Caggiano are both on the new Anthrax CD, so yes, they're still part of Anthrax.

Check it out if you're interested:

http://www.myspace.com/thedamnedthings

This seems to be the most popular song on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJ-Oluf3Ww

I've never listened to a full Anthrax CD or had any interest in the band to be honest, but the Damned Things project isn't bad at all.

Oh Geoff, check out the Anthrax song Safe Home, I know you will enjoy it!

Just checked it out. Yeah, it's not bad. I was building with Matt the other day on this too, though, about Megadeth. It's generally pretty good stuff, but from that era I would so much prefer the hard rock bands, and when it comes to metal I actually prefer the sound and melody of the new modern metal bands. Sorry doods. I don't know what it is. I would happily enjoy that Anthrax song if it came on the stereo when I was at a party break-dancing on the dancefloor, but at home or in the car I know I would NEVER reach for a CD like that to give it a spin. Nice solo, though.

Geoff, have a quick listen to dallabnikufesin, listen to all of it, youll have a good chuckle mate, even though they wrote it to make fun of all the rock bands sloppy mushy love ballads, they actually did a half decent ballad, pretty funny stuff, except of course, for the tragic ending, that will shatter your heart, and paralyze your world. listen at your own risk.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to just jump in halfway, but are Scott Ian and the other guitarist guy currently in The Damned Things with Fall Out Boy members... are they still part of Anthrax? And if not, I always thought Anthrax was Scott Ian?

I know nothing of this Fall Out Boy thingie of which you speak, but Scott and Rob Caggiano are both on the new Anthrax CD, so yes, they're still part of Anthrax.

Check it out if you're interested:

http://www.myspace.com/thedamnedthings

This seems to be the most popular song on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJ-Oluf3Ww

I've never listened to a full Anthrax CD or had any interest in the band to be honest, but the Damned Things project isn't bad at all.

Oh Geoff, check out the Anthrax song Safe Home, I know you will enjoy it!

Just checked it out. Yeah, it's not bad. I was building with Matt the other day on this too, though, about Megadeth. It's generally pretty good stuff, but from that era I would so much prefer the hard rock bands, and when it comes to metal I actually prefer the sound and melody of the new modern metal bands. Sorry doods. I don't know what it is. I would happily enjoy that Anthrax song if it came on the stereo when I was at a party break-dancing on the dancefloor, but at home or in the car I know I would NEVER reach for a CD like that to give it a spin. Nice solo, though.

Geoff, have a quick listen to dallabnikufesin, listen to all of it, youll have a good chuckle mate, even though they wrote it to make fun of all the rock bands sloppy mushy love ballads, they actually did a half decent ballad, pretty funny stuff, except of course, for the tragic ending, that will shatter your heart, and paralyze your world. listen at your own risk.

Yeah, that was okay but pretty average for a piss-take until the closing line you warned would break my heart... and it did. But half of the song could be serious if you didn't know better. Steel Panther do it much better. ;)

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Strange but I haven't listened to this cd much at all lately.

It was nice that VH1 did the Behind the Music Remastered on these guys as well as Megadeth. Both of those originally hardly aired much when they first came out. I wonder now that they'd done 3/4 of the Big Four will VH1 ever do one for Slayer. I doubt it.

I'm still diggin' it and have spun it at least once a week since I bought it. It may very well go on to be my Album of the Year.

...of course, I've only bought about half a dozen 2011 releases this year so that might not be sayin' much, but still, I had zero expectations for this disc when it first came out and I'm still amazed at how damn good it is. :beerbang:

• 1 month later...