HUGE Retrospect news!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my guess is that they shelled out the $250 pricetag for the CD and was expecting a gold cd laced with diamonds - lol -- i don't know , but nobody can complain about the new pricetag for this awesome disc!!

Wait... so not all of them were diamond-laced gold discs? Just mine? Heh.

It'll be nice to have a remastered copy with bonus tracks, while the other one just sits on the shelf looking pretty.

Backed!

I guess it will be any time soon for history to be made by Retrospect Records. :party421::beerbang::drink:

i expect to have a boat load of new titles available by the end of this weekend!!!!

Good to hear....Aaron...gonna jump on the boat and buy buy buy...lol :party421::beerbang::drink:

by the way, those that have been waiting a REALLY long time for the BUXX Knickers Down CD to be released. I will have it in my hands in a few weeks!! check out Buxx on youtube -- awesome early 80s New York based AOR band!!

I guess it will be any time soon for history to be made by Retrospect Records. :party421::beerbang::drink:

i expect to have a boat load of new titles available by the end of this weekend!!!!

Good to hear....Aaron...gonna jump on the boat and buy buy buy...lol :party421::beerbang::drink:

by the way, those that have been waiting a REALLY long time for the BUXX Knickers Down CD to be released. I will have it in my hands in a few weeks!! check out Buxx on youtube -- awesome early 80s New York based AOR band!!

Awesome Aaron...looking forward to the Buxx release and the unreleased songs....

yep, all original artwork on the JILLSON disc.

Your not doing digipaks or mini-LP's are you? Is Retrospect going to put the songs titles on the actual CD? Is it going to be silver pressed?

Well since there were no answers to my questions, I'll hold on to my original and pass on this.

we are not doing digipaks or mini-lp's -- they will all be silver pressed discs. Jillson will have 7 bonus tracks including 4 off the original Jillson ep and 3 from recordings a few years after (which are killer by the way!) -- just finished remastering the Deadly Girl CD -- which i have to say, kicks ass. I see some people talking trash about this CD on the Jillson comments page but man you gotta be deaf to not like this CD. The songs have great hooks, the production is really good, the drums and guitars sound great and Tommy's (Don) vocals just kill. This is absolutely an essential CD to any melodic rock fan. I am just really glad to finally make this CD affordable so a lot more people can enjoy it. Now i don't mean to be a dick here, but I am so tired of elitist collectors having "bragging rights" because they have one of the rarest CD's in the world. Well i am determined to make ALOT of cd's NOT so rare so that your average joe can actually afford it. Dare i say that maybe one day, Retrospect CD's will be collector's items!! LOL.....peace!!

wonder if there's motive behind any of the trash talkers of the Jillson album?

That's awesome I'll pick one up for good measures. I've never bashed Jillson's music it's one of the top indies out there IMO.

Are you going to have some kind of special limited first pressing or just produce the whole shootin' match up front?

• My Little Pony

:drink:

:party421: Same...I will be buying a boat load of the new releases on cd....can't wait...lol :party421:

You mean, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON CD!!, right? ;)

Almost all the RR write-ups read the same. Heh.

:party421: Same...I will be buying a boat load of the new releases on cd....can't wait...lol :party421:

Oh now you've gone and done it! Last minute revisions are now needed! lol :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

Oh now you've gone and done it! Last minute revisions are now needed! lol :rofl2:

Oh, dear. Did I just stir the pot? :lol:

Oh, dear. Did I just stir the pot? :lol:

lol - i actually think its pretty funny -- and true. But we do like to announce if a release has never been on CD (or any format) before -- so alot of these new release writeups WILL say "For the first time EVER on CD!!" LMAO!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I'm dying here. Actually, after a weekend in Vegas, I should probably save up some coin before I start spending again.

Hey I'm with u...it is going to be a mega ton of new releases.....I know Aaron metion it was to be relased last week...so I am sure it will be any time...heard some Crystal Project samples...awesome...and the Nemesis..is gonna knock your sox off...lol..oh...Tracer Fox is a must buy as well as the Americade Box Set....lots and lots of releases...lol :party421::beerbang::drink: