HUGE Retrospect news!

ok i thought i could wait - but i can't keep it in any longer! Some GREAT news from the Retrospect camp!!

Amongst an unprecedented amount of NEW releases on July 4th as Retrospect makes the switch to digital downloads, I am very proud to announce the signing of JILLSON!! Thats right, the highly touted mega indie release will FINALLY get a long awaited re-issue and will be available first as a download (with remastered audio and 3 unreleased bonus tracks!!!)

And for all you Jillson / Britny Fox / Tommy Paris fans -- we will also be releasing "Divine Judgement" - a post-Britny Fox band featuring Tommy Paris and Jillson drummer Jamie Borden with a collection of stunning unreleased hard rock songs!! Wait til you hear this folks!

We will also be carrying "UNCLE EDNA" -- Tommy's post Britny Fox EP with former bandmate Johnny Dee!!

AND THATS NOT ALL!! A few years ago, Tommy and Jamie did ANOTHER fantastic full length hard rock album with ex-Aerosmith guitarist Jimmy Crespo that has never been released!! The project was dubbed "J.J.T." (Jamie, Jimmy, Tommy). And once again, the music is just unbelievable!!

As some of you may know, for the last 2 years i have been playing in a band with Jamie Borden and Tommy Paris called PHOENIX and they both feel that now is a great time to finally get this music out there and to re-issue one of the greatest American indie hard rock releases of all time JILLSON (with 3 killer bonus tracks!!).

So stay tuned everybody and wait til you see and hear what Retrospect will have in store for you on JULY 4TH!!

Keep rockin!

Aaron

www.retrospectrecords.com

The Retrospect Revolution -- JULY 4TH

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask...is retrospect going strictly digital? Will the releases mentioned above be released on cd?

Very good question !!

I have to ask...is retrospect going strictly digital? Will the releases mentioned above be released on cd?

Very good question !!

if no CD anymore, then it's a disastrous news, but hopefully it's not :popcorn:

the highly touted mega indie release will FINALLY get a long awaited re-issue and will be available first as a download (with remastered audio and 3 unreleased bonus tracks!!!)

Aaron

the way I read it, and I may be wrong, but it will be first available for download and the cd will be available a little later. I could be totaly wrong but that is the way I took it.

the highly touted mega indie release will FINALLY get a long awaited re-issue and will be available first as a download (with remastered audio and 3 unreleased bonus tracks!!!)

Aaron

the way I read it, and I may be wrong, but it will be first available for download and the cd will be available a little later. I could be totaly wrong but that is the way I took it.

I read it that on July 4th they add many of their titles to digital for the first time and the Jillson and others will be available as digital download first and then released later as a physical cd. Looking forward to getting my mitts on an actual Jillson physical cd so hopefully that's what it is. The other Tommy projects sound great as well.

hey guys,

yep CD's will still be released of all material, we are just doing a big digital download push of all our releases on July 4th (wait til you see the release list....).

We are very interested to see the ratio of how many are downloading and how many are still buying the CD.

I hope that clears things up for you!

PEACE!

Aaron

hey guys,

yep CD's will still be released of all material, we are just doing a big digital download push of all our releases on July 4th (wait til you see the release list....).

We are very interested to see the ratio of how many are downloading and how many are still buying the CD.

PEACE!

Aaron

Thanks for the info, and that sounds great. I do hope Retrospect never goes completely digital. I have done both exclusively at different times in my life and I can tell you that I will not go back to digital. Call me old, but I still wants the music in my hands with a cover, inserts, etc. Hell, I still love vinyl!

hey guys,

PEACE!

Aaron

Thanks for the info, and that sounds great. I do hope Retrospect never goes completely digital. I have done both exclusively at different times in my life and I can tell you that I will not go back to digital. Call me old, but I still wants the music in my hands with a cover, inserts, etc. Hell, I still love vinyl!

I hate that when you lose something digital and that was your only copy you may have just lost it and have to pay for it again. some will say it is no different than if you lose a cd but I don't think I've ever lost a cd but my computer has lost some music.

hey guys,

PEACE!

Aaron

Good to hear, Aaron ! CD's for me, please ............... !

What we are doing is something that has never been done before in the history of the music industry.

We will be releasing the most albums ever in a single day. It's going to be an extremely difficult task , but me and my brother wanted to do a huge push digitally to see how that would fare. If there is enough interest in some of the releases , they will be pressed accordingly.

Like most of you , we still believe in physical product , but we are very interested to find out how many people would actually download before physical release (if there even will be one).

On another exciting note , Retrospect has just signed FIONA FLANAGAN . and will be releasing her long-awaited comeback album very soon. The album features Bobby Messano , Tommy Denander , Robin Beck and was immaculately produced by the legendary Paul Sabu.

Rock on guys!

I hate to be the poor bastards that bought this release for big dollars...

:aw:

I would be one of the poor bastards but I can tell you this. Having the original is still a priority for me. I will also buy the re-released version (assuming it gets pressed) to have the 3 unreleased tracks but I have no regrets and no intention of selling my original. I'm very happy that its getting re-issued because there are a lot of people who have wanted this cd for a long time. But an original is an original any way you slice it.

A good example would be Cadillac Bratz. I bought the Retrospect re-issue a while back but I can tell you this...if I see the original, it's mine :)

What we are doing is something that has never been done before in the history of the music industry.

We will be releasing the most albums ever in a single day. It's going to be an extremely difficult task , but me and my brother wanted to do a huge push digitally to see how that would fare. If there is enough interest in some of the releases , they will be pressed accordingly.

Like most of you , we still believe in physical product , but we are very interested to find out how many people would actually download before physical release (if there even will be one).

On another exciting note , Retrospect has just signed FIONA FLANAGAN . and will be releasing her long-awaited comeback album very soon. The album features Bobby Messano , Tommy Denander , Robin Beck and was immaculately produced by the legendary Paul Sabu.

Rock on guys!

I had the pleasure of seeing Fiona last year and Messano doing double duty with Fiona and Starz. She was very happy to get back into the game..

Looking forward to this release.. :beerbang:

I hate to be the poor bastards that bought this release for big dollars...

:aw:

I would be one of the poor bastards but I can tell you this. Having the original is still a priority for me. I will also buy the re-released version (assuming it gets pressed) to have the 3 unreleased tracks but I have no regrets and no intention of selling my original. I'm very happy that its getting re-issued because there are a lot of people who have wanted this cd for a long time. But an original is an original any way you slice it.

A good example would be Cadillac Bratz. I bought the Retrospect re-issue a while back but I can tell you this...if I see the original, it's mine :)

Good point!

If I saw it for a cheap price, I'd pick up an original myself..

Hey Sam! Will you keep the original artwork, with the Jillson c.d.?

great news friend, count me in for the physical release! :guitbannana:

Yes indeed, me too! Anxiously looking forward to that release! :beerbang:

• 4 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I have an original copy, but I'd like to hear It remastered and some more tracks. Man, I leave here for a couple months and a shit-tonne of stuff happens.