The Decline of Glam (Part 1 - 1993)

The weird years of 1993 - 1995  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

we all know 93-95 is a blasphemy to glam, some are washed away with grunge/alternative movement, some are whoring their music to grunge, some are new to the scene but still holding on the 80s decade, and a few still stood out and released a high quality albums, so which one in every year do you think is the best from this list (pick 3 on each year, if you pick 'Other', pls state what album is it) ?

1993 was shit if that list is anything to go by. wow. woulda thought there were better discs than that released in that era. maybe not...

Maybe it was a bad year for dirty lindsay sleeze, but i think there were some awesome albums that year.

# AEROSMITH - Get A Grip

# DEF LEPPARD - Retro Active (though technically this was mostly old songs)

# ENUFF Z'NUFF - Animals With Human Intelligence

# GOTTHARD - Dial Hard(not my favourite Gotthard)

# HAREM SCAREM - Mood Swings

# MR.BIG - Bump Ahead

# WILD RIDE - Tension And Desire

# WINGER - Pull

Other biggies for me not on the list

Lillian Axe - Psychoschizophrenia

Scorpions - Face The Heat (Alien Nation is my all time fave Scorps tune)

Savatage - Edge of Thorns

Sic Vikki - Kiss Me in French

Petra - Wake Up Call

And some lesser fun ones from Allison, Chase, Axxis, Fear Not, Guardian, Legend Seven, Pole Position

I need to think about my decision..

Some brilliant albums in that list:

DEF LEPPARD - Retro Active

ENUFF Z'NUFF - Animals With Human Intelligence

EVERY MOTHER'S NIGHTMARE - Wake Up Screaming

HAREM SCAREM - Mood Swings

POISON - Native Tongue

RED DAWN - Never Say Surrender

WILD RIDE - Tension And Desire

WINGER - Pull

And of the rest, I don't actively dislike any of them, except Aerosmith. ;)

Pretty weak discs from Sargant Fury and Gotthard and (as always) Mr Big too. But not awful.

Only sensible vote would be to go with Harem Scarem for the top spot, but there's some nice contenders. In a surprise move, EMN would probably be my 2nd fave. With better production that would reside in a list of my all-time favourite CDs. As it is, it's a personal fave of mine.

Retro Active would be my pick from that list. I think 1993 had some great lesser known releases and not so many major releases. Harem Scarem I probably don't really associate with glam as such but it's a brilliant album anyway. Same with Red Dawn.

actually it's not necessarily glam, but everything hard rock/melodic that's associated in the 80s should be included i guess.

Sargant Fury - Little Fish is a very good release IMO but no way can be compared to their brilliant debut. 'Bump Ahead' is still excellent release, but my personal votes should be EZN, Red Dawn, and Harem Scarem.

several other 1993 albums that maybe should also included :

BILOXI - Let The Games Begin

CHERRY ST - Squeeze It Dry

COVERDALE/PAGE - s/t

CROWN OF THORNS - s/t

GORKY PARK - II

QUIREBOYS - Bitter,Sweet, and Twisted

ROBBY VALENTINE - The Magic Infinity

SHOTGUN SYMPHONY - s/t

SPREAD EAGLE - Open To The Public

Went for Harem Scarem out of those, a really good 2nd album. Winger would be my second choice. Only a few of those listed are glam and some are a long way from it in my book, such as the aformentioned HS and Gotthard (which I really didn't like at all).

From the list I guess 'Mood Swings'

1993 was a bit barren but there were still some awesome releases which rate very highly for me to this day -

Crown Of Thorns - s/t

Shotgun Symphony - s/t

Mark Free - Long Way From Home (an AOR classic!)

Talisman - Genesis

Winger - Pull

Red Dawn - Never Say Surrender

Jeff Paris - Lucky This Time

Um....wow. Obviously I had moved onto other things (i.e. heavier) by 1993 cuz I don't own a single CD from that list. :blink:

I did have Aerosmith's GET A GRIP back when it was current but it bored the man titties right off of me so I eventually ditched it.

For whatever it's worth, my favorite CD of 1993 is still Fight's WAR OF WORDS.

albums that I own from 93

Bad Company- The Best of Bad Company Live...What You Hear Is What You Get

Peter Criss -Criss Cat (got rid of it)

Cry of Love - Brother (much later than release year though)

Def Leppard Retro-Active

Fear Not Fear Not (again, much later than release year)

Brad Gillis Gilrock Ranch

Guardian Miracle Mile

KISS Alive III

Legend Seven Blind Faith

Lynyrd Skynyrd The Last Rebel

Mr. Big Bump Ahead

nce Neil Exposed

Poison Native Tongue

Sister Whiskey Liquor and Poker (again, got this at a much later time)

Van Halen Live: Right Here, Right Now

Winger Pull (got this then got rid of it. probably better today but not a huge winger fan)

MR. BIG - Bump Ahead. Not a perfect album but still holding on to what we love about the 80s

AEROSMITH - Get a Grip - I enjoyed this

ENUFF Z'NUFF - Animals... Also a good one.

POISON - Native Tongue - for me this can stand against any grunge. A very mature effort for a mere "glam" band but has some excellent music.

I went with Winger Pull, just a great album IMO.

There were many others up there that I love as well such as Vince Neil Exposed, Gotthard Dial Hard, Poison Native Tongue, Enuff Z Nuff Animals with Human Intelligence, Mr Big Bump Ahead and the Def Leppard Retroactive disc.

Off that list Red Dawn...no doubt. Big Aerosmith fan but Get a Grip has never been one of my fave albums by them.

My big faves that year were probably Billy Squier - Tell the Truth, Saga - Security of Illusion, Open Skyz - s/t and Wildhearts - Earth vs the Wildhearts.

Off that list Red Dawn...no doubt. Big Aerosmith fan but Get a Grip has never been one of my fave albums by them.

My big faves that year were probably Billy Squier - Tell the Truth, Saga - Security of Illusion, Open Skyz - s/t and Wildhearts - Earth vs the Wildhearts.

Much love for that one! :headbanger: From the list I'd go with the criminally underrated Pull with HS Mood Swings right behind. Then maybe Mr Big and EZN.

Much love for that one! :headbanger: From the list I'd go with the criminally underrated Pull with HS Mood Swings right behind. Then maybe Mr Big and EZN.

Underrated? I thought all the reviews I'd seen were glowingly positive!

Some great albums there, almost ALL of them can kick any grunge abum's ass. My choices are:

1-DEF LEPPARD - Retro Active - Not a proper studio album but a collection of killer B-Sides (She's Too Tough, Ride Into The Sun, Action, Ring Of Fire)

2-POISON - Native Tongue - Very good but underrated album

3-AEROSMITH - Get A Grip - OK, a more ballad-oriented album, but a great one.