L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version)

Jeff

Since I have nothing better to do me thinks I will head over and take in this show. Anyone seen them recently?

Let me know how the show goes Jeff. I am going to the show tomorrow in Thief River Falls, MN. EVERYTIME I have saw the Phil version (this will be my fourth), they have rocked the place :banger:

I refuse to go see the Tracii Guns version, and sadly thats the one that keeps coming over here now.

Last time I saw the proper band, they were great. Tracii was still with them at the time as it was a few years ago now, but from what I can gather, the band are no worse off for not having him in the lineup.

Incidentally, Phil has just performed over here as part of a Heavy Metal Kids reunion, so am hopeful he will bring LA Guns back over here soon.

Since I have nothing better to do me thinks I will head over and take in this show. Anyone seen them recently?

Let me know how the show goes Jeff. I am going to the show tomorrow in Thief River Falls, MN. EVERYTIME I have saw the Phil version (this will be my fourth), they have rocked the place :banger:

That is good to hear because I have seen them once when they were all together and wow, they just did not want to be on stage so....it sucked.

I went to their website today just to see which L.A. Guns it was and clicked on Tour and saw Thief River Falls, MN. So I had to Google to see where that is and it is so far north I said to myself, "who the heck lives up there that would make this worthwhile for them to travel way the hell up there?" Now I know! :lol:

I shall report back!

That is good to hear because I have seen them once when they were all together and wow, they just did not want to be on stage so....it sucked.

I went to their website today just to see which L.A. Guns it was and clicked on Tour and saw Thief River Falls, MN. So I had to Google to see where that is and it is so far north I said to myself, "who the heck lives up there that would make this worthwhile for them to travel way the hell up there?" Now I know! :lol:

I shall report back!

Well, TRF is 45 minutes North of Crookston where I live. So I guess we are not THAT far North :whistle:

Hey Chad, is there still snow up there in Crookston? :quagmire:

Kick ass show last night, Phil sounded good (he still has those "oh" and "yeah" screams down), Stacy Blades was tearin' it up, they all were. They were having fun and it was small crowd but they were in to the show and for the most part knew the band and songs.

The things I didn't care for but wasn't a big deal was they played "My Koo Ka Choo" and I don't really like that song and they did a 5 minute "jam" and I really don't care for jams when a band has so much music they can play. BUT I think they did the jam because Phil had to go backstage and put on a crash helmet and stick fireworks sparklers in and he came on stage wearing that. Sorta funny.

They did a meet and greet after the show so that was cool too, though they had a couple of hot chicks that were waiting to go with them so they didn't hang around long. :lol:

Great show on Saturday too. Very small crowd for the size of the venue. But both LA Guns and Lita put on awesome shows considering the very poor turnout. Phil and Lita still have it. It was a great time and I kept telling my buddies to enjoy the show and the small crowd. I am pretty sure the promoter lost his :butt:

I don't think he did much advertising of the show which KILLED the ticket sales. :axe:

I saw them here in Portland, Oregon 6 weeks ago or so. Show was good, Phil sounded great, but the venue was small to begin with, and I honestly don't think there was more than 200 people there AT MOST... perhaps less.

And to think, these guys opened for Def Leppard on the final leg of the Hysteria Tour in 1988 / 1989 playing to crowds in excess of 20,000. It's gotta be a bit humbling, no?

I saw them here in Portland, Oregon 6 weeks ago or so. Show was good, Phil sounded great, but the venue was small to begin with, and I honestly don't think there was more than 200 people there AT MOST... perhaps less.

And to think, these guys opened for Def Leppard on the final leg of the Hysteria Tour in 1988 / 1989 playing to crowds in excess of 20,000. It's gotta be a bit humbling, no?

Again, the guys put on a heck of a show. Really seemed to enjoy playing. Blades put on a rock guitar CLINIC that night. He has all the guitar moves down :git:

Again, the guys put on a heck of a show. Really seemed to enjoy playing. Blades put on a rock guitar CLINIC that night. He has all the guitar moves down :git:

I've seen L.A. Guns twice. Once with Jizzy on vox and once with that Marty Casey guy. Hopefully the third time I see them I'll get to see Phil sing.

• 3 weeks later...

The fake LA Guns has been playing over here for the last week or so, and they are not gaining anymore fans with the way they work.

After the first date with the Gypsy Pistoleros as a support act, Pete Pistolero says that Tracii came up to him and complimented him on the bands set, saying that they blew LA Guns away at the show, and that they cant have them on the tour anymore because of that.

From what I can gather, a lot of people only bought tickets to see the Pistolero's and are royally pissed off, so be interesting to hear how the London gig went tonight (I think it was tonight anyway).

Guest Hair_Metal_Maniac

The only time I've seen LA Guns was with Tracii and Marty Casey....he really wasn't a good fit for me and it was actually like the 2nd or 3rd show he had done with them, they were ok and then Faster Pussycat hit the stage in their goth nazi crap and I walked out. Biggest disappointment was Bang Tango not playing because of Leste being really sick at the time. The opening band for them which was a local NC band killed it! It was a small club(Volume 11) in Raleigh. I'd love to see Phil's version get down this way.