Peralta high bidder WINDSOREYES2

Windsoreyes2 is playing games with my auctions this time out as well....bidding, then retracting bids....I just blocked him...not sure why I did not have him blocked already though...done now...

:beerbang:

I have this user name blocked from way back but I just had to block him again. Apparently he is also just plain old windsoreyes...I'm not dealing with the guy.

Been gone for a little while so I haven't updated. The 45 days have passed and it seems all is alright with the world. I guess I was the fortunate one. The whole thing was a real roller coaster ride. I appreciate all who have kept up with the Peralta saga and cared enough to offer constructive criticism. All of the questionable bidders have also been blocked by me. I did try to cancel the auction but had waited too late. I did inform Martin that I had been on the phone with ebay with my concerns with the bidding retraction and Chris using 3 diffrent ids (not sure if they did anything about that... probably not). I let him know that I had replayed the cassette and all was in excellent condition and that ebay said they would monitor the transaction ( they actually said that). I send it signature required so that it couldn't "get lost". That was alot of worry for 315.00, lesson learned.

I hope to run another auction the middle of the month with a few goodies. I am off to do more goodie searching, then to work. Coming back from vacation sucks.

Sandy

So it's been almost a month since the auction closed & still no money? Can't say that I'm surprised. But it sounds like you're doing the right thing in requiring him to pay with a money order. Keep us updated.

Oh I have been paid. Matter of fact he paid the next day. I sent it signature required and he received it the 21st of May. I am just waiting for him to claim that the cassette was defective or something. We'll see.

well, I got bit right in the ass by this dude...I had him blocked as windsoreyes but not windsoreyes2...he bid and won two of my auctions and paid instantly...but I went ahead and gave him a chance and sent the cd's....anybody wanna guess what my reward was? yep...got slapped with a paypal claim today, saying the more expensive cd he won from me was defective...I guess I am lucky he is not claiming them both....so...ebay pulled $140 out of my paypal account until it gets worked out...I went with the option of having him return the cd to get his refund...but usually that means what I will get back is a box of rocks with a tracking #......I am not counting on the getting the cash back...I deserve this if I am this stupid...but I am gonna be spending some serious time, warning all buyers and sellers to block him......anyway, everyone needs to keep on their toes, if your gut says to not trust someone, don't do it! I called ebay and they spent the entire conversation thanking me for being one of the longest standing accounts they had ever seen...I know my friends have been their longer...but I have been there since 98, pretty good time I guess...all of that means doodly squat when getting a claim filed on you....$140 lesson re-learned....

MIke

Mike,

If you believe this person is going to pull a fast one on return, here is what you need to do (it's easier if you have a post office box where you have everything shipped to rather than a home address):

1. If you are picking the parcel up at the post office, do NOT exit the building. Insist upon opening the parcel in front of a postal supervisor to witness the contents of the parcel. If you receive the parcel somewhere other than the post office, do NOT open it until you are in the presence of the supervisor.

2. If the package contents are NOT what you sent to the buyer, have the postal supervisor write an affadavit on postal letterhead stating what WAS in the box, along with their contact information. have them sign and datestamp the letter with the postal handstamp cancel. Have the supervisor be specific. "a CD" or "a broken CD" is not adequate. They need to say what the title of the cd in the box was and its condition, i.e., something that directly refutes the merchandise and condition listed in the PayPal transaction.

3. Submit that letter to PayPal via fax.

4. Follow up via phone with PayPal regularly.

This has worked for me personally. While the postal supervisor cannot attest to what SHOULD have been in the box, they CAN say what was actually in there.

-Dan

So it's been almost a month since the auction closed & still no money? Can't say that I'm surprised. But it sounds like you're doing the right thing in requiring him to pay with a money order. Keep us updated.

Oh I have been paid. Matter of fact he paid the next day. I sent it signature required and he received it the 21st of May. I am just waiting for him to claim that the cassette was defective or something. We'll see.

well, I got bit right in the ass by this dude...I had him blocked as windsoreyes but not windsoreyes2...he bid and won two of my auctions and paid instantly...but I went ahead and gave him a chance and sent the cd's....anybody wanna guess what my reward was? yep...got slapped with a paypal claim today, saying the more expensive cd he won from me was defective...I guess I am lucky he is not claiming them both....so...ebay pulled $140 out of my paypal account until it gets worked out...I went with the option of having him return the cd to get his refund...but usually that means what I will get back is a box of rocks with a tracking #......I am not counting on the getting the cash back...I deserve this if I am this stupid...but I am gonna be spending some serious time, warning all buyers and sellers to block him......anyway, everyone needs to keep on their toes, if your gut says to not trust someone, don't do it! I called ebay and they spent the entire conversation thanking me for being one of the longest standing accounts they had ever seen...I know my friends have been their longer...but I have been there since 98, pretty good time I guess...all of that means doodly squat when getting a claim filed on you....$140 lesson re-learned....

MIke

Mike,

Maybe he was ticked that you had him blocked as windsoreyes? Also, earlier in this thread, you said you had windsoreyes2 blocked because he was bidding and retracting bids. How did he get through with bids?

Thanks for offering great items in your auctions, Mike! I hope you are able to triumph over this dishonest loser eventually.

MIke

Mike,

Maybe he was ticked that you had him blocked as windsoreyes? Also, earlier in this thread, you said you had windsoreyes2 blocked because he was bidding and retracting bids. How did he get through with bids?

Thanks for offering great items in your auctions, Mike! I hope you are able to triumph over this dishonest loser eventually.

I appreciate the kind words...I just did not look closely on the id, I thought it said windsoreyes2 but it did not..I did look, just not good enough.....my biggest mistake though was not still cancelling the transaction even after he won it...he was talking with me and I just fell asleep at the wheel kind of...

Mike,

If you believe this person is going to pull a fast one on return, here is what you need to do (it's easier if you have a post office box where you have everything shipped to rather than a home address):

1. If you are picking the parcel up at the post office, do NOT exit the building. Insist upon opening the parcel in front of a postal supervisor to witness the contents of the parcel. If you receive the parcel somewhere other than the post office, do NOT open it until you are in the presence of the supervisor.

2. If the package contents are NOT what you sent to the buyer, have the postal supervisor write an affadavit on postal letterhead stating what WAS in the box, along with their contact information. have them sign and datestamp the letter with the postal handstamp cancel. Have the supervisor be specific. "a CD" or "a broken CD" is not adequate. They need to say what the title of the cd in the box was and its condition, i.e., something that directly refutes the merchandise and condition listed in the PayPal transaction.

This has worked for me personally. While the postal supervisor cannot attest to what SHOULD have been in the box, they CAN say what was actually in there.

-Dan

Hi Dan, man you read my mind! that is exactly what I was planning to do....but I was not sure if that kind of evidence would still be enough for paypal or ebay....I am sure I will not get back the cd I sent...I will be totally amazed when I go to the post office and open the package and the right cd pops out...but miracles do sometimes happen..lol...thanks so much for the advice, I am going to follow everything you said to a T.....who knows what might happen....in all my years on ebay, I have not had this happen..I guess I have been very lucky.....I did have one buyer pay me then I shipped then paypal pulled the funds back because the buyer did not really have the funds...(not sure why they told me to mail it) but then he actually sent the cash again later, and I got paid...Thanks for the good advice!

Mike

• My Little Pony

Mike,

-Dan

Shit, that seems like a lot of work. I've never sold anything, but as a buyer, when an item arrives not as described, I'm too much of a pussy to deal with the hassel. I just look at it, say, "Ah, fuck,' and am dissapointed in the waste of money. Then, again, most of the items I buy aren't over $100--or even close.

• 3 months later...

Our buddy chris sarti is back under two different names.....justforkix20112011 and justgotlucky20112011 the moron was bidding against himself on a demo tape I have on EBAY.....after cancelling his bids I got this message from one of his other names

Dear skybruno,

hi sky listen man ive been on ebay 10 years and i have over 44 tapes in my collection from you i made a mistake and didnt pay i got anxtious your a good friend of mine way back please let me bid on breda. look at my feedbacks as jimmiejames2011 i just paid out over 232 bucks to metalspell i swear man ill pay please unblock me i will pay say i dont but i will ill never bid again if i dont we are pa friends man i paid you well in the last 10 years give me that chance man

- jimmiejames2011

Our buddy chris sarti is back under two different names.....justforkix20112011 and justgotlucky20112011 the moron was bidding against himself on a demo tape I have on EBAY.....after cancelling his bids I got this message from one of his other names

Dear skybruno,

hi sky listen man ive been on ebay 10 years and i have over 44 tapes in my collection from you i made a mistake and didnt pay i got anxtious your a good friend of mine way back please let me bid on breda. look at my feedbacks as jimmiejames2011 i just paid out over 232 bucks to metalspell i swear man ill pay please unblock me i will pay say i dont but i will ill never bid again if i dont we are pa friends man i paid you well in the last 10 years give me that chance man

- jimmiejames2011

:banger: :banger:

Aw, I almost believe him..... I feel so bad for him. He is so misunderstood......

:banger: :banger:

A leopard does not change his spots..... Keep him :baneed:

I wouldn't.......too much trouble.

• 1 month later...

This dude attempted to buy from me recently on GEMM:

Jamie Levine

1-2 Atlanta Ct.

FREEHOLD, N.J. 07728

It was really cool. GEMM cancelled the order without my having to do anything, as I had cancelled several orders previously, and sent them explanations why.

Thanks, GEMM!

TNTCDsPlus

windsoreyes2 is making heavy bids on my auctions, I think I need to cancel all of them...I never made any deal with him, just saw his high feedback score....I would send all cds via EMS with confirmation of delivery....any other advice????

windsoreyes2 is making heavy bids on my auctions, I think I need to cancel all of them...I never made any deal with him, just saw his high feedback score....I would send all cds via EMS with confirmation of delivery....any other advice????

From the nature of this thread, and from his past history with sellers on this board, my advice is to CANCEL, then BLOCK!!

Feedback left for others

Everything looks good at first but scroll down 7 or so feedback and watch the shit hit the fan. Jamie Levine is bad news.

Feedback left for others

Everything looks good at first but scroll down 7 or so feedback and watch the shit hit the fan. Jamie Levine is bad news.

Plus most of the good feedback left over the years is for customers of his.

I found a feedback for a guitar he bought in 2009. Filed a claim and won. Left negative feedback for seller. THEN he resold the item on eBay. Unbelievable! He is a true tool:

Negative feedback rating Guitar came in busted

Seller:

Member id themusicfarmonline ( Feedback Score Of 12448Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,999)

Mar-05-09 14:46

Reply by themusicfarmonline (Mar-05-09 19:42):

WOW! BELIEVABLE! LIAR! STOLE GTR W/ DISPUTE AND RESOLD ON EBAY. NOT DAMAGED

-- (#220344386101) --