Another buyer to be wary of!

I don't know if his claim was legit or not but e-bay buyer signo_vital just filed a claim against me saying he never got an Amaze Me cd I sent him a few weeks ago. The buyer is from Argentina and his real name is Oscar Lamberti (at least that was the address he had me send the item to). The odd thing about it is that this guy only has 9 positive feedbacks. This makes me wonder if he just keeps switching e-bay IDs to keep up his scam. Again, I suppose it's possible that he really didn't get the package, but I find it very suspicious with such low feedback rating. And since I shipped overseas without registering the package (which is my fault but I try to keep costs down to buyers), I had to eat it and refund him his money. This is basically the nail in the coffin for me not to sell overseas anymore unless it's someone from this board.

Only thing I would say with the low feedback is that sometimes its a genuine new ebayer, and they have no idea how to conduct themselves on eBay.

I've had it myself when some newby leaves neg feedback or file a claim over not receiving something without contacting me, then when I ask them why they didnt message me first and that they should contact their local sorting office, it turns out that the item was a failed delivery and they can pick it up.

Too many of these new buyers just jump straight to the claim or feedback option rather than going through the proper protocol.

Chris....I have had a world of trouble selling to South America.....either the packages never arrived or were 4 or 5 weeks. Right now, I have a buyer from Brazil who claims to have mailed the payment to me 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting. For some reason mail service between the States and South America just isn't all that great!!!!

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

Delbert

Cant speak for Argentina, but I can tell you for a fact that the Brazilian postal service is corrupt.

I sent a lot of stuff there late last year and again a few months ago, and many of the Brazilian customers (who I will say now, were all 100% honest and a pleasure to deal with) asked me to put a lower value on the customs slip as their customs people overcharge them big style. I was happy to do this as most of them had good feedback, but told them they had to accept responsibility if the item went bye bye in transit or got damaged.

What happened though on a couple of them is that customs opened the package, and decided that the items were worth far more than not only what was declared, but more than the items sold for.

Basically they were holding the customers to ransom with either they pay them the ridiculous fees or not have their items.

I'm not talking about selling £100 worth of stuff and declaring £10 or something, I am talking about selling something for £50 and declaring £15 or so, and the customs guys were telling the customers the items were worth more than £100.

Chris....I have had a world of trouble selling to South America.....either the packages never arrived or were 4 or 5 weeks. Right now, I have a buyer from Brazil who claims to have mailed the payment to me 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting. For some reason mail service between the States and South America just isn't all that great!!!!

Delbert

Del, hopefully you did not sell to Gilson R de Arruda! lol

Delbert

Brazil is still the only country I've had problems with. I now sell to anywhere except South America. I've sold lots of CDs to buyers in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, France, Germany, Spain and Portugal and never had a problem (touch wood, keeping everything crossed, etc).

Delbert

Del, hopefully you did not sell to Gilson R de Arruda! lol

No.....never heard of that person!

What I've been doing is not selling the more expensive items overseas (unless I know the buyer). I know they can win a bunch of cheaper CDs and pull the same thing... but at least I don't lose a higher priced item.