rip-off ebay seller [drgoon_jpn]

not much known, but this well-known ebay seller "drgoon_jpn" is also doing shill-bidding to raise the price.

there are "at least" 2 his friends who cooperate with this rip-off

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=norzy&sort=9&page=&rows=0&completed=1&all=1

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=momojirou&sort=9&page=&rows=0&completed=1&all=1

not much known, but this well-known ebay seller "drggon_jpn" is also doing shill-bidding to raise the price.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=norzy&sort=9&page=&rows=0&completed=1&all=1

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=momojirou&sort=9&page=&rows=0&completed=1&all=1

Geez I had no idea. I got outbid on a Jillson cd this morning and I am watching other items. I'm done with him then...thanks for the heads up.

not much known, but this well-known ebay seller "drgoon_jpn" is also doing shill-bidding to raise the price.

I don't understand why you say this is shill bidding. I had a bidder win 20 items from my last auction, some big bidders bid on anything and everything. If this was 'real' shill bidding wouldn't his so called buddies come in 2nd place and not win the items outright. What's the point of selling to a buddy who won't pay and now you are stuck with tons of Ebay final value fees? I honestly don't get these accusations of shill bidding. I've had loyal customers that show up nearly each auction and also bought from my Ebay store when I had one up and running. Having returning costumers who buy multiple items isn't shill bidding. I understand the frustration of always losing out on items to bigger bidders, but that's not shill bidding, it's just buyers with really deep pockets and really big music addictions.

Dave,

I think the damning evidence here is that if you look at what these bidders have bid on over the last 30 days, it seems they've ONLY bid on Dr Goon's auctions. Would a real music buyer limit themselves to bidding on only one seller's items? Sure looks like shill bidding to me...particularly the "norzy" ID with the private feedback.

Bidder norzy's bids over last 30 Days

Bidder momojirous' bids for last 30 days

If you'll notice too, the bids are being placed during the last day or two of the auctions, not at the last second to try to "snipe" and win the auctions. They're simply acting as Dr. goon's reserve price, and he's hoping someone will meet it. Guess he figures the eBay final value fees paid on a handful of CDs that haven't actually sold is worth it if he's not getting what he thinks his CDs are worth.

Dave,

I think the damning evidence here is that if you look at what these bidders have bid on over the last 30 days, it seems they've ONLY bid on Dr Goon's auctions. Would a real music buyer limit themselves to bidding on only one seller's items? Sure looks like shill bidding to me...particularly the "norzy" ID with the private feedback.

If you'll notice too, the bids are being placed during the last day or two of the auctions, not at the last second to try to "snipe" and win the auctions. They're simply acting as Dr. goon's reserve price, and he's hoping someone will meet it. Guess he figures the eBay final value fees paid on a handful of CDs that haven't actually sold is worth it if he's not getting what he thinks his CDs are worth.

I get it, but it's still retarted to do this. This Dr.Goon's guy sold those 16 cd's for about 550$, that's about 45$ to 50$ in fees if not more....what an idiot either way. If these shill bidders don't pay this Dr.Goon's through Paypal, it is weird that Ebay doesn't jump all over this one, because obviously the transaction is not completed if your buddy is winning simply to raise the prices of items and no money transaction is ever done with Paypal.

To be honest I always place bids on items from the same 4 or 5 sellers, I rarely ever win or bid anything over 5$, but these are the sellers in my fav sellers list on Ebay, so therefore I only show up bidding when a seller I know and like has something for sale. Once in awhile I win cheap items just to try and resell for more $$$.

Is it me or should 'private' feedback not be allowed on Ebay? I had one idiot who kept his feedback 'private' because he simply kept leaving negs to sellers and no one was the wiser.

Dave,

I get it, but it's still retarted to do this. This Dr.Goon's guy sold those 16 cd's for about 550$, that's about 45$ to 50$ in fees if not more....what an idiot either way. If these shill bidders don't pay this Dr.Goon's through Paypal, it is weird that Ebay doesn't jump all over this one, because obviously the transaction is not completed if your buddy is winning simply to raise the prices of items and no money transaction is ever done with Paypal.

To be honest I always place bids on items from the same 4 or 5 sellers, I rarely ever win or bid anything over 5$, but these are the sellers in my fav sellers list on Ebay, so therefore I only show up bidding when a seller I know and like has something for sale. Once in awhile I win cheap items just to try and resell for more $$.

Is it me or should 'private' feedback not be allowed on Ebay? I had one idiot who kept his feedback 'private' because he simply kept leaving negs to sellers and no one was the wiser.

I agree, it seems stupid to incur these fees for NOT actually selling the CDs, but who knows how some people's minds work?

Not a fan of private feedback at all; I know some people have a legit reason for it (a seller uses a private ID for buying great deals he finds and doesn't want his customers to see what he has paid for something he re-sells), but more times that not, it's simply someone hiding something negative.

Dave,

To be honest I always place bids on items from the same 4 or 5 sellers, I rarely ever win or bid anything over 5$, but these are the sellers in my fav sellers list on Ebay, so therefore I only show up bidding when a seller I know and like has something for sale. Once in awhile I win cheap items just to try and resell for more $$.

I agree, it seems stupid to incur these fees for NOT actually selling the CDs, but who knows how some people's minds work?

Not a fan of private feedback at all; I know some people have a legit reason for it (a seller uses a private ID for buying great deals he finds and doesn't want his customers to see what he has paid for something he re-sells), but more times that not, it's simply someone hiding something negative.

To add to my disbelief at how bad this seller is, why doesn't simply do buy it now's and avoid auctions all together? He'll get his reserve price and could have relisted all those cd's he sold to his buddies for a few months in a store and not have to pay 50$ in fees.

Dave,

To add to my disbelief at how bad this seller is, why doesn't simply do buy it now's and avoid auctions all together? He'll get his reserve price and could have relisted all those cd's he sold to his buddies for a few months in a store and not have to pay 50$ in fees.

But then he risks one of two things.

The item selling for less than what he may have got if it went through an auction.

The item will be charged a higher listing fee because he has listed it at a higher starting price plus be charged another fee for selecting the buy it now option, meaning that if they are a high volume seller, they actually may end up paying more than the $40-$50 that you mention.

As for private feedback. From my experience, if a buyer has private feedback it no longer becomes private to a seller once a bid is placed.

I know this doesnt help a buyer if the seller has private feedback, but for my money, unless its someone you have dealt with for years suddenly changing their status, I'd see private feedback as a reason not to bid on someones auctions.

Dave,

The item selling for less than what he may have got if it went through an auction.

The item will be charged a higher listing fee because he has listed it at a higher starting price plus be charged another fee for selecting the buy it now option, meaning that if they are a high volume seller, they actually may end up paying more than the $40-$50 that you mention.

As for private feedback. From my experience, if a buyer has private feedback it no longer becomes private to a seller once a bid is placed.

I know this doesnt help a buyer if the seller has private feedback, but for my money, unless its someone you have dealt with for years suddenly changing their status, I'd see private feedback as a reason not to bid on someones auctions.

Trust me, auctions don't get anything near what alot of patience and a store can get you, unless you sell shit and sell it for way too much. Auctions are great for those sellers who sells 3-4 times a year and only sells high end items (ie: Delclemons, Adboimel or Surrf)you probably won't get more than your expectations on most items.

Final Value Fees are WAY more costly than insertion fees, so listing 4 times for 50cents will cost you 2$ and you get 4 months exposure....if it doesn't sell by that time, you are asking WAY too much for it....then you should go the auction style and leave your buddies out of the equation.

I don't understand why you say this is shill bidding. I had a bidder win 20 items from my last auction, some big bidders bid on anything and everything. If this was 'real' shill bidding wouldn't his so called buddies come in 2nd place and not win the items outright. What's the point of selling to a buddy who won't pay and now you are stuck with tons of Ebay final value fees? I honestly don't get these accusations of shill bidding. I've had loyal customers that show up nearly each auction and also bought from my Ebay store when I had one up and running. Having returning costumers who buy multiple items isn't shill bidding. I understand the frustration of always losing out on items to bigger bidders, but that's not shill bidding, it's just buyers with really deep pockets and really big music addictions.

for example, momojirou WON 8 items from this seller. but look his bid history.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=150583168207&aid=u***j&eu=yWK9Z%2F4Ai%2BqhVrQdt3cbPZy66RGxMeEI&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

he actually bid on total 41 items from this seller. so the seller couldn't sell 8 items (can file second chance offer though) but raised the price for other 33 items. and if he want, he can get the ebay fee back as he file mutual agreement.

it is true he is doing shill bidding. i have heard about this from his japanese friend. (he said he also bid on drgoon's items by his request before)

Dave,

Trust me, auctions don't get anything near what alot of patience and a store can get you, unless you sell shit and sell it for way too much. Auctions are great for those sellers who sells 3-4 times a year and only sells high end items (ie: Delclemons, Adboimel or Surrf)you probably won't get more than your expectations on most items.

Final Value Fees are WAY more costly than insertion fees, so listing 4 times for 50cents will cost you 2$ and you get 4 months exposure....if it doesn't sell by that time, you are asking WAY too much for it....then you should go the auction style and leave your buddies out of the equation.

I disagree. I spent a good year or so on eBay a couple of years ago selling my comic collection, and had I gone for buy it nows, I would have made a fraction of what I made by doing auctions.

Its only once I was left with the less interesting stuff that I cut back on it.

I'd never consider listing an item for what is supposed to be the market value, but most of the key stuff went for more than that. Ditto with the F1 models I sold last year.

Also, with all my model auctions, I waited til it was free listing, and that saved me another bundle of cash.

Buy it nows, unless you are selling fairly generic stuff like current CDs etc, are a pain in the arse financially, especially if the item doesnt sell.

I also doubt that I am not the only person who looks what other people are selling the item for and sticks it up as an auction for a lower price than any buy it nows.

Dave,

I disagree. I spent a good year or so on eBay a couple of years ago selling my comic collection, and had I gone for buy it nows, I would have made a fraction of what I made by doing auctions.

I'd never consider listing an item for what is supposed to be the market value, but most of the key stuff went for more than that. Ditto with the F1 models I sold last year.

Also, with all my model auctions, I waited til it was free listing, and that saved me another bundle of cash.

Buy it nows, unless you are selling fairly generic stuff like current CDs etc, are a pain in the arse financially, especially if the item doesnt sell.

I also doubt that I am not the only person who looks what other people are selling the item for and sticks it up as an auction for a lower price than any buy it nows.

When it comes to selling cd's of all sorts not just the rare stuff, for the average seller the Buy It Now format is MUCH better. As of right now there are 2.1 million cd's listed on Ebay. 89,000 are using the AUCTION format and 2,015,000 are using Buy It Now. 96% of sellers are using Buy It Now. 96% of the sellers can't all be doing it wrong.

On a personal selling note, I've been selling on Ebay for nearly 9 years and have almost always used the auction format, but once the economy crashed in 2008 and sales dropped dramatically, I tried the store, it did OK, but I found it boring selling that way. I love the excitement of auctions, plus my reputation and years of experience as a seller gives an advantage over many unknown sellers.

Dave,

When it comes to selling cd's of all sorts not just the rare stuff, for the average seller the Buy It Now format is MUCH better. As of right now there are 2.1 million cd's listed on Ebay. 89,000 are using the AUCTION format and 2,015,000 are using Buy It Now. 96% of sellers are using Buy It Now. 96% of the sellers can't all be doing it wrong.

On a personal selling note, I've been selling on Ebay for nearly 9 years and have almost always used the auction format, but once the economy crashed in 2008 and sales dropped dramatically, I tried the store, it did OK, but I found it boring selling that way. I love the excitement of auctions, plus my reputation and years of experience as a seller gives an advantage over many unknown sellers.

Yes, but of those figures you quote, the bulk of those CDs are easily obtainable ones, so as I mentioned, this is the best way to sell them.

My guess would be that collectable CDs are generally listed as auctions because you let the market dictate the price.

I have seen people list a CD over and over and over again, and the same with F1 models and comics, because they think that because the guides say they are worth £100 thats how much they should list it for.

I have also seen people list something for less in an auction format, yet it goes for more than a buy it now for the same item.

People want to try to get a bargain on collectable stuff, so they will often go for a cheaper listed auction over a buy it now in hope that they might get a better deal.

Of course not everyone does this, but from my experience, most of the buy it nows I see on eBay are CDs that you can currently buy and are still in print or out there in mass numbers.

The bulk of rarer CDs that I have seen on eBay are auctions.

Hell, I've seen plenty of listings that have an auction and buy it now option, and its nearly always the auction format that wins out because people want things cheaper.

I have also seen people list something for less in an auction format, yet it goes for more than a buy it now for the same item.

I do agree.

First of all momojourou is dragoon's friend so the help is obvious. I wasn't aware of the 2nd zero feedback bidder though.

96% of the items are listed with buy it now but those sellers ARE wrong. Because the views on the auctions are WAY more than on the "buy it now" items. You can "safely" watch a 30-days "buy it now" item FOREVER without ever buying that. Most metalheads (to say at least) are looking/waiting for the auctions. And the prices are in most cases higher.

I was just wondering. You are really bothered from the friendly/shill bidding of that Japanese seller but why don't you wonder WTF Mrs. Thiele wants & buys Metal Wolf cd for $90 just to relist it on her catalogue for $200?? She had the same time title she sold it, she bought it again & the story is going on & on. Or the other crappy American from Michigan who uses 2 accounts : "randomcoils" to buy stuff & increase the prices of all the Japanese sellers (especially pricekillers' ones) & "thallos81" to sell his stuff at a higher price.

Maybe he's working for ebay & he doesn't pay fees? :christmas:

I do agree.

First of all momojourou is dragoon's friend so the help is obvious. I wasn't aware of the 2nd zero feedback bidder though.

96% of the items are listed with buy it now but those sellers ARE wrong. Because the views on the auctions are WAY more than on the "buy it now" items. You can "safely" watch a 30-days "buy it now" item FOREVER without ever buying that. Most metalheads (to say at least) are looking/waiting for the auctions. And the prices are in most cases higher.

I was just wondering. You are really bothered from the friendly/shill bidding of that Japanese seller but why don't you wonder WTF Mrs. Thiele wants & buys Metal Wolf cd for $90 just to relist it on her catalogue for $200?? She had the same time title she sold it, she bought it again & the story is going on & on. Or the other crappy American from Michigan who uses 2 accounts : "randomcoils" to buy stuff & increase the prices of all the Japanese sellers (especially pricekillers' ones) & "thallos81" to sell his stuff at a higher price.

No offence but that is two completely different things. "Friendly" shill bidding is driving up the price to get the max out of the item w/o the customer knowing. When did it become illegal to purchase something at a lower price and decide to make a profit off of it?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you. And no one is picking on Japanese sellers so why is it "crappy" American?

I do agree.

No offence but that is two completely different things. "Friendly" shill bidding is driving up the price to get the max out of the item w/o the customer knowing. When did it become illegal to purchase something at a lower price and decide to make a profit off of it?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you. And no one is picking on Japanese sellers so why is it "crappy" American?

Sure no problem, I just found the chance to criticize that fact. Now, about the "illegal" term. I don't think shill bidding (friendly or not) is illegal either. Is there any chance for a policeman to catch the shill-bidder (lol!)? There's nothing wrong. He just MAKES MORE PROFIT!! Nothing bad!

So with the same thinking 2-3 specific guys who bid on hundreds of the same cds again & again & again (not in a couple of cds) are great guys, they just make more profit doin' that "kind of business"...

Sorry it wasn't a racistic comment, the crappy goes to his exact origin. The 99% of the Michigans are great guys so he is like a fly in a bottle of milk, in other words a crappy American from Michigan...

Don't you know that there is friendly shill bidding on some very big American sellers (some are on this board too)? Don't you know that the most sellers use that tactic? kreator72 from Singapore has 2 accounts too & many other occasions...

Bottom line is why is so annoying dragon's shill bidding & not the shill bidding of the others? Just wondering... It's not illegal. :christmas:

I know shill bidding isn't "ethical" and is in fact on the shady side.

As far as being a buyer... I usually have a price in mind that I will spend on a certain CD. If I have that price in mind I am not disappointed if that is what I have to pay. I guess I have just come to the realization that shill bidding will never be stopped. The best you can do as a buyer is set your maximum price and hope you get the CD for that amount. I try not to let these sellers bother me because in reality there isn't anything that is going to be done about it anyway.

Don't you know that there is friendly shill bidding on some very big American sellers (some are on this board too)? Don't you know that the most sellers use that tactic? kreator72 from Singapore has 2 accounts too & many other occasions...

Bottom line is why is so annoying dragon's shill bidding & not the shill bidding of the others? Just wondering... It's not illegal. :christmas:

Not illegal but is definitely against Ebay rules, so that would imply he IS doing something wrong. I don't know who else does it, on here or anywhere but the thread is about this guy. Driving the price up on a cd w/o the bidders knowledge is not right, not ethical and against Ebay rules. Buying a cd at a pawn shop or on Ebay for under the sellers asking price, then reselling it to make a profit is not illegal, unethical or against Ebay rules.

the shill bidding of drgoon and japanrarehunter is crime. i have reported a UK news in other topic which a UK ebay seller was arrested by police for shill bidding. they are doing same thing.

but the actions of kreator and randomcoils is not bad thing. they just buy CDs from ebay and sell them again at ebay. there is not any thing wrong. every used cd shops buy CDs from somebody and resell them at their shops. i have heard some russian ebayers buy stuffs from ebay and sell them to their local customers who are not familiar with ebay or doesn't have paypal account. whether they make profit or not, that is their business.

Not illegal but is definitely against Ebay rules, so that would imply he IS doing something wrong. I don't know who else does it, on here or anywhere but the thread is about this guy. Driving the price up on a cd w/o the bidders knowledge is not right, not ethical and against Ebay rules. Buying a cd at a pawn shop or on Ebay for under the sellers asking price, then reselling it to make a profit is not illegal, unethical or against Ebay rules.

A ok, I'm glad we agree in the end that it's not illegal. Now tell me that you are the delegate of ebay & you think that the ebay rules are all correct...

It's not about "a/one" cd it's all about the same titles. Yeah right bidding on the same titles increasing the market price constantly & in a possible win just to relist them for more is not unethical is just capitalism hahaha!

the shill bidding of drgoon and japanrarehunter is crime. i have reported a UK news in other topic which a UK ebay seller was arrested by police for shill bidding. they are doing same thing.

but the actions of kreator and randomcoils is not bad thing. they just buy CDs from ebay and sell them again at ebay. there is not any thing wrong. every used cd shops buy CDs from somebody and resell them at their shops. i have heard some russian ebayers buy stuffs from ebay and sell them to their local customers who are not familiar with ebay or doesn't have paypal account. whether they make profit or not, that is their business.

Look, I am not a supporter of shill bidding. But English society is not the best example for imitation. In a few States in USA & in other places in the world the death penalty is available. Maybe that's a crime not shill bidding! In any case every new shit on ebay starts from the English version ebay.co.uk.

Haven't you noticed that they are using (especially kreator) their 2nd accounts to increase the price & sometimes to buy a cd if it's not at the right "reserved" price? Not a bad thing definitely.

Gosh! The used cd shops are paying taxes for their business in every country you've typed that comparison by accident right?

A ok, I'm glad we agree in the end that it's not illegal. Now tell me that you are the delegate of ebay & you think that the ebay rules are all correct...

It's not about "a/one" cd it's all about the same titles. Yeah right bidding on the same titles increasing the market price constantly & in a possible win just to relist them for more is not unethical is just capitalism hahaha!

Nope, I am not a delegate for Ebay. But I do know the difference between right and wrong.