News and New releases from Retrospect Records 3-20-2011

Hello everyone - I'd like to begin by thanking everyone for the massive success of the 5th Anniversary Sale we had in February!! It means a lot to us and the bands and it's because of YOU that we can continue to release product - it is VERY MUCH appreciated!

We have 3 new releases up and running... explained a little further below...

In production right now are the following titles...

PANDEMONIUM "The Kill"

PANDEMONIUM "Heavy Metal Soldiers"

PANDEMONIUM "Hole in the Sky"

All feature bonus tracks , liners , photos , lyrics in an 8 page booklet. FINALLY!

Soon to follow:

DAY ONE , MEGATTACK , HARD ATTACK (AOR fans are gonna LOVE this find from 1986!!) , THE HYPNOTIX (featuring Jimi Goare) , HIGH TREASON , BIG TROUBLE (unearthed Glam / Hair Metal band!) , AIRSTRIKE , COWBOY X (another extremely rare Hair Metal find!) , VVSI , AMERICADE , CRYSTAL PISTOL , HYDE , PARADISE etc...

NEW RELEASES:

GUNNER "Desire" 2011

Introducing brand new AOR / HAIR METAL / MELODIC HARD ROCK sensations GUNNER!! Certainly one of the best bands to ever emerge from Argentina , this quartet cites influences such as WHITESNAKE , DOKKEN , MOTLEY CRUE , DANGER DANGER and FIREHOUSE and it's very evident by the quality of the songwriting that these guys are all about hooks and looks!! From driving hard rockers like 'Till I Reach The End' to the heartfelt ballad 'While Dreams Have Been Gone' , I believe all fans of 80s-style AOR / Melodic Hard Rock will place this release in their top ten of the year. Retrospect Records is very happy to have GUNNER join the currently ACTIVE roster of new up and coming artists like Wildstreet , The Glitter Boys and Pretty Little Suicide on the label. ENJOY!!

Front.jpg

MEGATON BLONDE "Megaton Blonde" 1989

One of our most anticipated releases of 2011 is here! During the late 80's / early 90's there were 3 excellent bands that ruled the Milwaukee Hard Rock / Metal scene... PROBLEM CHILD , MOXY ROXX and MEGATON BLONDE. Led by the powerful vocals of MORGAN THORN , who would later join Vicious Rumors , Morgan sounds like a mix of Bruce Dickinson , Geoff Tate and Mike Lee (Barren Cross). Combined with a wicked dual axe attack , pounding rhythm section including drummer Mike Stix (ex-Realm) and songs that pack a megaton punch , every fan and collector of Melodic 80s Metal should find this release a top-notch treasure. Some of these songs were produced by legendary Metal producer Eric "Griffy" Greif. Personally I believe Megaton Blonde is one of the best indie Metal releases Retrospect has ever unearthed (the first song alone 'Digital Doll' is one of the best songs I've ever heard) and will definitely appeal to fans of: MALICE 'License To Kill' , QUEENSRYCHE 'The Warning' , SHOK PARIS 'Steel and Starlight' , ICON self-titled , LEATHERWOLF self-titled , FIFTH ANGEL , BARREN CROSS 'Atomic Arena' , VYPER 'Prepared To Strike' , OBSESSION 'Scarred For Life' etc...

Very classy stuff here and , of course , released for the first time ever on cd format!

ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!

Front.jpg

THE PACT "Rock The Nite" 1986

First time ever on cd for Boston-based Melodic Hard Rock / Melodic Metal act THE PACT. Formed in 1984 , these recordings were all taken from sessions throughout the mid to late 80s. Powerful Hard Rock bordering on Commercial Metal that equates to another great find for collectors and fans of obscure 80s releases like RECKLESS 'No Frills' , MASS 'New Birth' , METALWOLF 'Down to the Wire' , AXTION 'Look Out For The Night' , VYPER 'Prepared To Strike' , HYDE 'Hyde' , ROCK CANDY 'Sucker For A Pretty Face' etc...

Front.jpg

I am also very happy to announce that Retrospect Records will have its own stage at the coveted Rocklahoma festival in May for our 4th consecutive year.

Headliners this year include bands like Motley Crue , Poison and Whitesnake as well as some more modern acts.

Our roster this year includes: D'Molls , Alias , Firstryke , The Glitter Boys , Wildstreet (featuring Jonny Prynce of Dirty Penny) , Pretty Little Suicide , Aura Surreal , Aska , Loveblast , Black Tora , Kenny Mac's New Cool World , Diemonds , Strikeforce , Blue Tiger , Cuttlass and more!

ROCK ON everybody and I hope you find something on the website that suits your musical tastes!

Sam McCaslin

CEO - Retrospect Records

www.retrospectrecords.com

Hi Sam, thanks for the info... there's definitely a few to check out.

I loved Crystal Pistol's debut CD, every 2nd song is an absolute killer. What are you going to be releasing from them?

Hello everyone - I'd like to begin by thanking everyone for the massive success of the 5th Anniversary Sale we had in February!! It means a lot to us and the bands and it's because of YOU that we can continue to release product - it is VERY MUCH appreciated!

We have 3 new releases up and running... explained a little further below...

In production right now are the following titles...

PANDEMONIUM "The Kill"

PANDEMONIUM "Heavy Metal Soldiers"

PANDEMONIUM "Hole in the Sky"

All feature bonus tracks , liners , photos , lyrics in an 8 page booklet. FINALLY!

Soon to follow:

DAY ONE , MEGATTACK , HARD ATTACK (AOR fans are gonna LOVE this find from 1986!!) , THE HYPNOTIX (featuring Jimi Goare) , HIGH TREASON , BIG TROUBLE (unearthed Glam / Hair Metal band!) , AIRSTRIKE , COWBOY X (another extremely rare Hair Metal find!) , VVSI , AMERICADE , CRYSTAL PISTOL , HYDE , PARADISE etc...

NEW RELEASES:

GUNNER "Desire" 2011

Introducing brand new AOR / HAIR METAL / MELODIC HARD ROCK sensations GUNNER!! Certainly one of the best bands to ever emerge from Argentina , this quartet cites influences such as WHITESNAKE , DOKKEN , MOTLEY CRUE , DANGER DANGER and FIREHOUSE and it's very evident by the quality of the songwriting that these guys are all about hooks and looks!! From driving hard rockers like 'Till I Reach The End' to the heartfelt ballad 'While Dreams Have Been Gone' , I believe all fans of 80s-style AOR / Melodic Hard Rock will place this release in their top ten of the year. Retrospect Records is very happy to have GUNNER join the currently ACTIVE roster of new up and coming artists like Wildstreet , The Glitter Boys and Pretty Little Suicide on the label. ENJOY!!

Front.jpg

MEGATON BLONDE "Megaton Blonde" 1989

One of our most anticipated releases of 2011 is here! During the late 80's / early 90's there were 3 excellent bands that ruled the Milwaukee Hard Rock / Metal scene... PROBLEM CHILD , MOXY ROXX and MEGATON BLONDE. Led by the powerful vocals of MORGAN THORN , who would later join Vicious Rumors , Morgan sounds like a mix of Bruce Dickinson , Geoff Tate and Mike Lee (Barren Cross). Combined with a wicked dual axe attack , pounding rhythm section including drummer Mike Stix (ex-Realm) and songs that pack a megaton punch , every fan and collector of Melodic 80s Metal should find this release a top-notch treasure. Some of these songs were produced by legendary Metal producer Eric "Griffy" Greif. Personally I believe Megaton Blonde is one of the best indie Metal releases Retrospect has ever unearthed (the first song alone 'Digital Doll' is one of the best songs I've ever heard) and will definitely appeal to fans of: MALICE 'License To Kill' , QUEENSRYCHE 'The Warning' , SHOK PARIS 'Steel and Starlight' , ICON self-titled , LEATHERWOLF self-titled , FIFTH ANGEL , BARREN CROSS 'Atomic Arena' , VYPER 'Prepared To Strike' , OBSESSION 'Scarred For Life' etc...

Very classy stuff here and , of course , released for the first time ever on cd format!

ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!

Front.jpg

THE PACT "Rock The Nite" 1986

First time ever on cd for Boston-based Melodic Hard Rock / Melodic Metal act THE PACT. Formed in 1984 , these recordings were all taken from sessions throughout the mid to late 80s. Powerful Hard Rock bordering on Commercial Metal that equates to another great find for collectors and fans of obscure 80s releases like RECKLESS 'No Frills' , MASS 'New Birth' , METALWOLF 'Down to the Wire' , AXTION 'Look Out For The Night' , VYPER 'Prepared To Strike' , HYDE 'Hyde' , ROCK CANDY 'Sucker For A Pretty Face' etc...

Front.jpg

I am also very happy to announce that Retrospect Records will have its own stage at the coveted Rocklahoma festival in May for our 4th consecutive year.

Headliners this year include bands like Motley Crue , Poison and Whitesnake as well as some more modern acts.

Our roster this year includes: D'Molls , Alias , Firstryke , The Glitter Boys , Wildstreet (featuring Jonny Prynce of Dirty Penny) , Pretty Little Suicide , Aura Surreal , Aska , Loveblast , Black Tora , Kenny Mac's New Cool World , Diemonds , Strikeforce , Blue Tiger , Cuttlass and more!

ROCK ON everybody and I hope you find something on the website that suits your musical tastes!

Sam McCaslin

CEO - Retrospect Records

www.retrospectrecords.com

Awesome news....anything on Radical Dream..Tracer Fox releases???

Very keen to check out Gunner. They sound very interesting... plus a few others in the first list.

So you guys signed Loveblast as well, I see. Very nice.

Oh, and Alias. That's not the Alias, is it?

Gunner looks promising there, will check out samples later

and what genre is Pandemonium's music is ? traditional heavy metal ?

Definately and top shelf at that. Originally released on Metal Blade. GREAT band. Glad they are finally done! Now to roll someone for some extra $$$$$$$.

• 3 months later...