JettBlack

Mullethead

This is probably my favorite band to come out in a long time, easily. Does anyone know if they were any previous bands? Are these guys older or part of the younger generation of rock? The songs War Between Us, When it Comes To Lovin, Two Hot Girls...just awesome!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge they are all first timers.

Good news is they have just finished recording the new album, but aparently have to cull six tracks (which will probably end up on singles/downloads I would guess).

Going to see them again in May, which is their first headlining gig (although its co-headlining with Heavens Basement, but it should mean a longer set and maybe some new tracks).

Killer release...Mother F*cker is my favorite among a lot of awesome tracks. I would luv to see these guys live some day. Great news on having a new set of tracks ready to go, wow!

I'm not sure if its related to them being on Spinefarm records or what, but Reckless Love has been recording their new album as well.

Seems either the record label has asked both bands to do follow up albums really quickly or both these bands just have a recording urge themselves.

Either way, we could be looking at two more great releases this year by the looks of it.

I'm not sure if its related to them being on Spinefarm records or what, but Reckless Love has been recording their new album as well.

Seems either the record label has asked both bands to do follow up albums really quickly or both these bands just have a recording urge themselves.

Either way, we could be looking at two more great releases this year by the looks of it.

Could be the pressure of a major label (Spinefarm being a subsidery of Universal), who knows? Anyway, it's great to see young bands trying to release albums within a short timeframe (like back in the days). With so many new bands popping up, it's part of the game to stay in the spotlight, otherwise people move on and forget about you.

still yet to find this cheap. (yes i know it's reasonably priced on amazon (or has been), but postage sucks)

Keep your eye on CDWOW, mate. It's $20 at the minute with free shipping, but I got it for about $16 I think.

Great to hear album number two is already so close... for these guys and Reckless Love.

I agree they're a great band, and remind me of Endeverafter who alternatively seemed to have disappeared into obscurity and totally destroyed and momentum they may have had with their seemingly reasonably successful debut. :(

still yet to find this cheap. (yes i know it's reasonably priced on amazon (or has been), but postage sucks)

I thought Geoff said shipping to Oz was quite reasonable from the UK arm or Amazon.

I suppose this is a stupid question because I know I shouldn't bother asking it, but Mrs. Jeff says I'm an idiot anyway so what the hell....

Does Amazon only offer the Free Shipping on orders over $25 to U.S. customers?

I wait until there are 2 cd's I want then I make the purchase.

I thought Geoff said shipping to Oz was quite reasonable from the UK arm or Amazon.

Looks like it's au$5.70 per CD. Not too bad if you want to buy one really cheap CD, but if you buy a few CDs pretty soon it's unaffordable.

And Jeff, definitely, 100% no free shipping from Amazon to overseas destinations... even for orders over $1000 I dare say. Postage from the US is about $80 per CD. :(

I figured as much...that sucks. I understand why they don't but too bad they can't work something out to get the shipping rates more reasonable. Doesn't help the gas prices keep going up either.

I figured as much...that sucks. I understand why they don't but too bad they can't work something out to get the shipping rates more reasonable. Doesn't help the gas prices keep going up either.

Yeah, it's very frustrating. To be charged $80 for postage, and then the package comes in with a us$3.80 postage stamp. Pretty f*cking annoying.

I could understand if they actually paid the full $80 for postage, but the fact that they make pretty much a 100% profit on postage alone is not necessary. Fair rates is all a purchaser wants. Plenty of other people do it...

Yeah, it's very frustrating. To be charged $80 for postage, and then the package comes in with a us$3.80 postage stamp. Pretty f*cking annoying.

I could understand if they actually paid the full $80 for postage, but the fact that they make pretty much a 100% profit on postage alone is not necessary. Fair rates is all a purchaser wants. Plenty of other people do it...

Totally agree. What they will tell you is you paid $3.80 for "shipping" but the other $66.20 was for the "handling". Shipping and handling, yeah right. I don't want anyone fondling my CD's and then charging me for it.

Keep your eye on CDWOW, mate. It's $20 at the minute with free shipping, but I got it for about $16 I think.

Great to hear album number two is already so close... for these guys and Reckless Love.

I agree they're a great band, and remind me of Endeverafter who alternatively seemed to have disappeared into obscurity and totally destroyed and momentum they may have had with their seemingly reasonably successful debut. :(

Never heard of Endeverafter but will check them out. I hear things more to the roots. His voice at times sounds like Whitesnake, Defcon and even at times Mats Leven. Not bad if you ask me. When it comes to lovin sounds like Cheap N Nasty.

Looks like it's au$5.70 per CD. Not too bad if you want to buy one really cheap CD, but if you buy a few CDs pretty soon it's unaffordable.

And Jeff, definitely, 100% no free shipping from Amazon to overseas destinations... even for orders over $1000 I dare say. Postage from the US is about $80 per CD. :(

Actually the postage is cheaper for multiple purchases, as you only factor in the package rate once and then add the individual item rate per CD.

As for free postage, wrong again:

From Amazon:

Super Saver Delivery to Other International destinations

Amazon.co.uk offers FREE Super Saver Delivery to the following countries (offer ends May 15, 2011):

Australia, India, New Zealand and South Africa.

How do I get FREE Super Saver Delivery?

Place over £25 of eligible items in your Shopping Basket.*

Proceed to checkout.

Make sure your items are being delivered to a single delivery address in an eligible international destination.

Select Super Saver Delivery as your delivery option. For more information on delivery rates, see the International Delivery Rates Help page.

Select "Group my items into as few deliveries as possible" as your delivery preference.

Place your order.**

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200627060

Actually the postage is cheaper for multiple purchases, as you only factor in the package rate once and then add the individual item rate per CD.

From Amazon:

Amazon.co.uk offers FREE Super Saver Delivery to the following countries (offer ends May 15, 2011):

Proceed to checkout.

Make sure your items are being delivered to a single delivery address in an eligible international destination.

Select Super Saver Delivery as your delivery option. For more information on delivery rates, see the International Delivery Rates Help page.

Select "Group my items into as few deliveries as possible" as your delivery preference.

Place your order.**

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200627060

Interesting... I'll give it a go. But that definitely doesn't work with US Amazon, amirite? Several times I have spent well over $25 to no reward.

From Amazon:

Proceed to checkout.

Place your order.**

Yep, too good to be true... of course.

I don't know where they're getting the info for what I put in bold, but you are at no point in time given a "Super Saver Delivery" option anywhere. What a pain in the ass... I had 19 CDs selected too. What a waste of time. :(

From Amazon:

Proceed to checkout.

Place your order.**

I don't know where they're getting the info for what I put in bold, but you are at no point in time given a "Super Saver Delivery" option anywhere. What a pain in the ass... I had 19 CDs selected too. What a waste of time. :(

This is driving me absolutely fucking insane. I see it's all over the site too, this supposed free shipping to Australia and NZ. But for the complete fuck of me, no matter how many times I try on different computers or anything, there is no fucking way there is a ""Change Delivery Option" button next to the order." It's just not the fuck there. Has anyone got screen prints they can post?

The c*nts have deadset given you the hope of free shipping, when in actual fact there is no actual way of claiming it. I'm so fucking pissed off right now I'm not sure what I'll break. Fuck these fucking motherfuckers!

From Amazon:

Proceed to checkout.

Place your order.**

This is driving me absolutely fucking insane. I see it's all over the site too, this supposed free shipping to Australia and NZ. But for the complete fuck of me, no matter how many times I try on different computers or anything, there is no fucking way there is a ""Change Delivery Option" button next to the order." It's just not the fuck there. Has anyone got screen prints they can post?

The c*nts have deadset given you the hope of free shipping, when in actual fact there is no actual way of claiming it. I'm so fucking pissed off right now I'm not sure what I'll break. Fuck these fucking motherfuckers!

That's ridiculous. Can't you send them a message? They must be in breach of something or other relating to Fair Trade, surely?