Vains Of Jenna

Jeff

I am trying to confirm this so I am not exactly sure. The GB Leighton website does not show them on May 17th yet, but there is this:

187768_172892986092213_7173679_n.jpg

I'm not sure how many on this board would be interested anyway, but I would certainly go check them out if this happens.

I saw Vains Of Jenna a couple years ago. Let's just say... I would never go out of the way to see them again. Mediocre at best.

Actually, I will most likely go anyway and look forward to it. I saw L.A. Guns one time and they were absolutely awful...but I figured they had a bad day, whatever, I would go see them again. Now if they were awful a second time around, then I would have to think twice before going again.

I saw Vains of jenna last year and they were great! Jesse Forte, their new singer, is much better than his predecessor imo and you gotta remember that these guys are still young. So each year of gaining more experience could make a big difference.

Btw: Just watched a couple of old clips on Youtube and I can only repeat myself: They are so much better and much more professional now!

• 2 months later...

I'm heading out to Fridley, MN to see VoJ at 9:30p. There are 3 bands tonight and VoJ are the middle band. One of the local promoters said they wanted to go on second so they could hang with the fans while the final band played. If that's true, that's pretty cool. Guess I'll find out.

I'm heading out to Fridley, MN to see VoJ at 9:30p. There are 3 bands tonight and VoJ are the middle band. One of the local promoters said they wanted to go on second so they could hang with the fans while the final band played. If that's true, that's pretty cool. Guess I'll find out.

Enjoy the concert mate, should be a good one! :beerbang:

They really care a lot for the fans and I'm surprised they don't get more respect. One of very few "young" bands who are really into 'making it', not just recording an album, then playing a couple of shows and fade away.

Guys, it was a great show! I didn't arrive in time to see Scarlett Haze unfortunately but Vains of Jenna was great!

They added a 5th member so they have the whole compliment, rhythm guitarist...nice dude, sorta funny he kept his hood up over his head most of the show and gave a really drunk look when he takes pictures with the fans.

Anyway, they sounded great, didn't fuck around, it was a very small crowd, lucky if there were 100 people there and even more lucky if more than 10 knew who VoJ were. Despite that, they were enthusiastic, friendly, good vibe, interacted with the crowd that was there. Aside from the songs you would expect them to play, they played 2 songs off Reversed Tripped and 1 new song called Say Hey or Hell Yeah or something like that. They didn't get into long solo's or talking too much just to fill time. I like that.

After the show they all came out to their merch booth, talked with whoever, pictures, signed anything (they even had Reversed Tripped on vinyl for sale). They gave away a signed guitar and auctioned off a signed drum piece.

When I would walk up to them to say "hey" the first time they would extend their hand to shake mine and introduce themselves, saying their name, "hey man, I'm JP." No shit! Super cool group of guys, good show. I would definitely go see them again.

Guys, it was a great show! I didn't arrive in time to see Scarlett Haze unfortunately but Vains of Jenna was great!

They added a 5th member so they have the whole compliment, rhythm guitarist...nice dude, sorta funny he kept his hood up over his head most of the show and gave a really drunk look when he takes pictures with the fans.

Anyway, they sounded great, didn't fuck around, it was a very small crowd, lucky if there were 100 people there and even more lucky if more than 10 knew who VoJ were. Despite that, they were enthusiastic, friendly, good vibe, interacted with the crowd that was there. Aside from the songs you would expect them to play, they played 2 songs off Reversed Tripped and 1 new song called Say Hey or Hell Yeah or something like that. They didn't get into long solo's or talking too much just to fill time. I like that.

After the show they all came out to their merch booth, talked with whoever, pictures, signed anything (they even had Reversed Tripped on vinyl for sale). They gave away a signed guitar and auctioned off a signed drum piece.

When I would walk up to them to say "hey" the first time they would extend their hand to shake mine and introduce themselves, saying their name, "hey man, I'm JP." No shit! Super cool group of guys, good show. I would definitely go see them again.

Nice to hear you had a great time!

The second guitarist is Joel Eliasson from Innocent Rosie (remember "Bad habit romance"?) from what I've read in interviews. Unfortunately, it seems like that band isn't around anymore.

How was the new track?

The second guitarist is Joel Eliasson from Innocent Rosie (remember "Bad habit romance"?) from what I've read in interviews. Unfortunately, it seems like that band isn't around anymore.

How was the new track?

I don't recall a lot about the track itself other than thinking it seemed good and was sort of a "sing along" track. I'm kicking myself a bit I should have asked them how much they had written for their next release.

How was the new track?

I don't recall a lot about the track itself other than thinking it seemed good and was sort of a "sing along" track. I'm kicking myself a bit I should have asked them how much they had written for their next release.

I read in a recent interview that they have around 15 songs ready for recording in fall. But the album probably won't be out until early 2012.