Houston, Serpentine & Vega

Rockposer

Great gig last night guys.....nice to meet up finally!

Vega stole the show for me.....they were excellent.....shame their set was so short.

Serpentine played 2 new tracks which sounded better than anything on the album, so high hopes for their follow up.

Houston....Mmmm?? All dressed in white was a bit cheesy. I like Houston, but they were out of their league compared to Vega.

Vega were my band of the night. The sound quality got worse as the evening went on? I thought that Serpentine's new singer was a good choice, looking forward to the new album from them. Yeah Houston were a bit cheesy but with better sound and a better lead guitarist they would of been much better.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAM_0281.jpg

Two dodgy blokes I met in the pub....

Especially the one on the left ...... ! :lol:

But I absolutely agree with you guys to VEGA as the winner of the night and the sound. Good show, though, and it was great fun to meet you blokes ! :drink:

so which one is which on that pic ? :)

yeah I personally believe Vega's disc is also > Houston, but both are great, and I think Houston's disc is > Serpentine, well hopefully Serp's second album is much better, are there any news that they're gonna release it this year ?

I'm actually surprised by the running order. With Mills I'd have assumed Serpentine to be headliners, but even without him I'd have thought they'd rank above Houston. And even with Vega, considering that the vocalist has been in a moderately popular band (within the genre) for the last decade or so (Kick) I'd have thought they'd have some pull.

But I guess if I'm to assume it's all based on album sales, did Houston really sell that much more than Vega and Serpentine?

If they did sponser it, there was no sign of it on the promotional material or on the night.

Yeah nothing too obvious in respect of promotion, except for the ever present Dave Ling. Must be the biggest ligger in rock journalist history ;-)

In terms of the bill it was the exact wrong way round IMO. Houston were vastly inferior to Serpentine and in particular Vega, who were head and shoulders the best on the night.

If they did sponser it, there was no sign of it on the promotional material or on the night.

Yeah nothing too obvious in respect of promotion, except for the ever present Dave Ling. Must be the biggest ligger in rock journalist history ;-)

In terms of the bill it was the exact wrong way round IMO. Houston were vastly inferior to Serpentine and in particular Vega, who were head and shoulders the best on the night.

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed

Absolutely ! And btw., it's Glen on the left and myself on the right wearing the Farcry t-shirt. Yeah !! :guitbannana: :guitbannana: