Houston, Serpentine & Vega

Rockposer

The pub next to The Borderland used to be an excellent rock pub, it's where I met my better half. It's ok for a quick drink and cheaper than the hotel bar.

I'm meeting up with some other people as well, need to see if they've chosen a pub.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pub next to The Borderland used to be an excellent rock pub, it's where I met my better half. It's ok for a quick drink and cheaper than the hotel bar.

I'm meeting up with some other people as well, need to see if they've chosen a pub.

Yeah its the St George isnt it?? seems the obvious choice...?

Just known as The George. You can't miss it seeing as it stretches across the end of the cul de sac with The Borderline on the left hand side.

Many a happy weekend spent drinking there :lol:

Sounds like a great plan ! :P What time ??

I guess from say 6pm onwards. I'll get there as soon as I can due to the wait for the congestion charge to end at 6pm!

Done ! :drink: I am in Hemel Hempstead and will leave to the hotel at app. 3pm, so I should be fine.

Im hoping to meet my Bro at my office in the City at circa 4pm, so should be across at 5pm at the absolute latest.

My suggestion is dont leave it too late - not sure what time the doors open, 6 / 7pm?? & Vega are on first (who I want to see more than Serpentine!), and I guess they will be on pretty prompto with 3 bands billed.

Cheers

Hey, how do we guys recognize each other ? Should we wear an identifying badge or a red carnation in the buttonhole ? ;)

Hey, how do we guys recognize each other ? Should we wear an identifying badge or a red carnation in the buttonhole ? ;)

There are some ugly mug shots of me on facebook....but i'll probably be there before any of you guys, so I'll be on the look out.

Cheers

I think I'll be easy to spot. 6'2" with a goatee LOL

Ok, 6'2" with a goatee and a red carnation in the butt ! Easy !! :lol:

Hoping I can get there, all dependant on work at the moment.

You are looking a litte bit peaky mate, think you need the day off. :whistle:

Yeah, exactly my thoughts ... !! ;)

Change of pub to meet in beforehand.

Montague Pyke

105 Charing Cross Road,

London

WC2H 0BP

Any reason for the change??

Isnt that quite a dull wetherspoons pub :-(

Yes it is (used to be the Marquee), however I'm also meeting up with a few other people who've arranged to meet there after work.

I'm gonna try and travel part way by train so I can be there earlier.

Great gig last night guys.....nice to meet up finally!

Vega stole the show for me.....they were excellent.....shame their set was so short.

Serpentine played 2 new tracks which sounded better than anything on the album, so high hopes for their follow up.

Houston....Mmmm?? All dressed in white was a bit cheesy. I like Houston, but they were out of their league compared to Vega.