Why so much spam lately?

zacharyamelie

Any reasons for the all of a sudden surge of spam? I've never noticed much of it over the past 5 years, but these last few weeks the board seems to have been invaded by the spambots.

Any reasons for the all of a sudden surge of spam? I've never noticed much of it over the past 5 years, but these last few weeks the board seems to have been invaded by the spambots.

You're not actually seeing the half of it. I've deleted so many SPAM posts within a minute or so of their posting over the last week it's unreal (I know all the other mods are deleting them by the bunch as well!). I've blocked IP addresses, deleted accounts, deleted posts, and the cocksuckers just seem to multiply. Only thing I can figure is that this board got put on some sort of "spamming hot list" or something; it's NEVER been this bad before. Spamming bastards.... :2up:

Oh, and these aren't bots (not in the traditonal sense anyway); there are actual bitches and bastards going through and completing the HH sign up process (which requires email verification), and then posting their garbage on the board. There's not much that can be done to stop it. If someone's willing to go through the complete sign up process, even using captchas and email verification becomes useless.

Didn't see this thread earlier ... is there no way to set a rule that automatically bars anyone who inputs their favourite CD as "google"? Most of these unimaginative retards seem to do that. And then maybe send some big blokes with baseball bats round to their houses. :D

And then maybe send some big blokes with baseball bats round to their houses. :D

Great idea !! I am all for it !! :hammer:

Didn't see this thread earlier ... is there no way to set a rule that automatically bars anyone who inputs their favourite CD as "google"? Most of these unimaginative retards seem to do that.

I've noticed that as well. Any way to filter out the "google" cd spam bastards so they don't even get approved for an account?

What about setting the board up as invite only?

That's not a bad idea !?

Yeah, I have to admit that I actually wish death upon these spammers. Not because they have done anything to me directly, but I just can't think of a way how their life is necessary. If the way you spend your time is spamming internet forums, then death is the only option. Preferrably a painful death which includes them coming to some sort of realisation as to just how pathetic and pointless their existence was. That'd be nice.

I have to say though Mr Geoff, that at least one of them would have been popular with you.

They had lots of nice pictures of ladies private parts in their post.

It was a shame when it was deleted.

I have to say though Mr Geoff, that at least one of them would have been popular with you.

They had lots of nice pictures of ladies private parts in their post.

It was a shame when it was deleted.

Really? Who on earth deleted that one?! :)

Now that's the kind of spam I can handle. Spam handler.

...and surprise, surprise, the favourite CD is "google" again. I can't believe how completely unimaginative these irritating retard fuckwits are!

(BTW ladyparts spam? Does that even count as spam at all? ;))

• 2 weeks later...

What about setting the board up as invite only?

That's not a bad idea !?

I agree, although there should be a way for people who don't know anyone on here to join (like myself a while ago). I guess it's tough enough for the mods to run the site already though.

The last 6 people to join this site have said their favourite CD is "google". It's pathetic. They're not even trying, ffs! If you're going to be a parasite and spam people, at least try to earn your fucking money!!! :rant:

As has been noted in another thread at the end of last year, the board is already struggling for traffic, with only a handful of regular posters. If you make it invite only, it will only get quieter and quieter here.

A better idea would be to have someone vet all new registrations and approve them.

Only problem with that is thats also going to make more work for the mods and admins, but surely that would be better than having to delete all the spam.

• 3 weeks later...

I amuse myself by posting this in every spam thread that I see:

dfsfwefrsf.jpg

I don't know how many other people even see it before the mods erase each thread, but it keeps me entertained.

Someone blitzed the board with spam rubbish yesterday evening. Is there no way to make these pathetic, wastes of life suffer? (If there is, I am far too technophobic to know it.)

• 4 months later...

There is a new idiot on the board (insubsCix). Or is it the same one ?

:fu: