Picks posted for the HH Best of 2010!

heavyharmonies

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did nobody give the Dirty Skirty CD a listen? If not I'd add that one to your to-do list!

Yessss, fan-frickin-tastic CD IMO...Received that and Distorted Wonderland at around the same time and really felt like I'd been dropped into a big vat of sleazyliciousness :dance: ....Or something like that.

I'm keen to check out one of Pete's honorable mentions 'Black Rose - Cure for Your Disease'. Anyone else heard this?

Oh and Socratic, I'm glad to see the Brian Howe disc on your list. It's fairly soft AOR but I though it was very under rated.

Yeah, the Black Rose one stood out for me too. I'm interested.

Totally agreed on the Brian Howe disc, too. Very nice. Funny thing is I thought it was loaded with "modern" elements. :)

Given that Black Rose's "Walk It How You Talk It" is one of my all-time fav. albums, I guess my expectations were set too high for the new release. Still an excellent album- needs MUCH broader distribution, and really gr8 to see the guys can still write/record so well.....Brian Howe's latest sounds "modern influenced" to my ear as well, but the melodies are fantastic...Sorry to jump into the middle of the conversation, now back to regularly scheduled programming :lol:

In my humblest of opinions, each of the lists this year were....EXCELLENT :tumbsup:

There are aspects I like w/just about every single album listed and there's no way I could pare my favorites down to just 5...or 10...maybe not even 15. But I would definitely add "44 Caliber- Can You Handle..." if I were compiling such a list. Without the fanfare, promotional press, and (most likely) budget of Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Reckless Love and others, I think these guys managed to put out one of the catchiest hard rock albums of 2010. I hope they've still got another album or two left in the tank.

I'm keen to check out one of Pete's honorable mentions 'Black Rose - Cure for Your Disease'. Anyone else heard this?

Oh and Socratic, I'm glad to see the Brian Howe disc on your list. It's fairly soft AOR but I though it was very under rated.

Totally agreed on the Brian Howe disc, too. Very nice. Funny thing is I thought it was loaded with "modern" elements. :)

Given that Black Rose's "Walk It How You Talk It" is one of my all-time fav. albums, I guess my expectations were set too high for the new release. Still an excellent album- needs MUCH broader distribution, and really gr8 to see the guys can still write/record so well.....Brian Howe's latest sounds "modern influenced" to my ear as well, but the melodies are fantastic...Sorry to jump into the middle of the conversation, now back to regularly scheduled programming :lol:

Nah mate, your input is more than welcome. :) I have to admit, I just got around to hearing the Black Rose album a few times. It's not bad, but I think I'm kind of where you're at. 'Walk it like ya talk it' is brilliant and this "new" one is definitely not anywhere near as good as that one. Still, a couple of pretty cool tunes. :)

Is 44 Caliber actually a new release? For some reason I haven't heard it yet, but I also just assumed it was a release of old material for some reason. :)

Nah mate, your input is more than welcome. :) I have to admit, I just got around to hearing the Black Rose album a few times. It's not bad, but I think I'm kind of where you're at. 'Walk it like ya talk it' is brilliant and this "new" one is definitely not anywhere near as good as that one. Still, a couple of pretty cool tunes. :)

Is 44 Caliber actually a new release? For some reason I haven't heard it yet, but I also just assumed it was a release of old material for some reason. :)

Actually, you're basically right re: 44 Caliber's first full length album--> it does contain most of the songs from their first two EPs released in '08 and '09, so maybe tecnically it really isn't a new release. Not the best of the year, but still pretty good and I'd recommend it w.o. reservations :drink: .

Actually, you're basically right re: 44 Caliber's first full length album--> it does contain most of the songs from their first two EPs released in '08 and '09, so maybe tecnically it really isn't a new release. Not the best of the year, but still pretty good and I'd recommend it w.o. reservations :drink: .

Cool, I'll check it out. Wow, even '08 and '09 is it? I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought they were a mid-90's band for some reason. I wonder if I've got them mixed up with, is it 44 Magnum? A Japanese band? :lol: I don't even know, but I've got stuff mixed up here. Will definitely give it a listen. :)