Kix or Ratt

Kix or Ratt  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think overall Ratt has a stronger catalogue. Live though, Kix absolutely wipe their asses with Ratt. Zero comparison, 99.999999% of the reason being the travesty that is Stephen Pearcy.

And, with all of Ratt's songs that are "better" than Kix's, the song "Cold Blood" (from Kix, in case someone is out of the loop) is one of my favourite songs ever. The intensity and the hook in the B section through to the chrorus in that song almost makes your spine bleed. I cannot turn that song up loud enough.

Fuck no you cant, cause I dont know if theres any amps out there that are powerful enough to amplify that album, now think of if it had crystal clear, precise mastering done to it, OMG, now you've got my attention, it's kind of like a chick getting in bed, and you and your buddy are naked waiting for her, you got a rock hard cock, and your buddy is flaccid and limp, sure maybe she will put up with your buddy, after she's done with you, that's the way I compare poor production, to good production, and Mullethead, I really only thought there were 2 fillers on Hot Wire, I wouldnt exactly call Boomerang, and Piece Of The Pie not fillers, but that production was bad even for 1988, listen to Appetite, that was in 87 wasnt it? it still stands up today, Y&T Contagious that was in 87, and that fucking smokes still today, so I think it was just bad production, and I think they would do us all a gigantic service taking a month or so, and remastering Blow My Fuse, fuck I cant even imagine what that would be like, if it sounded optimal, can you?

I would say Hot Wire has about 4-5 fillers. Boomerang is not that great but I love Piece of the Pie. As mentioned Cold blood is their best song. Blow My Fuse, Don't close your a Eyes can't be denied. Appetites production is steller, no doubt. I don't hear anything wrong with kix BMF production. In fact , coming from a huge Y & T fan, contagious is a great album with muddy production.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think overall Ratt has a stronger catalogue. Live though, Kix absolutely wipe their asses with Ratt. Zero comparison, 99.999999% of the reason being the travesty that is Stephen Pearcy.

And, with all of Ratt's songs that are "better" than Kix's, the song "Cold Blood" (from Kix, in case someone is out of the loop) is one of my favourite songs ever. The intensity and the hook in the B section through to the chrorus in that song almost makes your spine bleed. I cannot turn that song up loud enough.

Fuck no you cant, cause I dont know if theres any amps out there that are powerful enough to amplify that album, now think of if it had crystal clear, precise mastering done to it, OMG, now you've got my attention, it's kind of like a chick getting in bed, and you and your buddy are naked waiting for her, you got a rock hard cock, and your buddy is flaccid and limp, sure maybe she will put up with your buddy, after she's done with you, that's the way I compare poor production, to good production, and Mullethead, I really only thought there were 2 fillers on Hot Wire, I wouldnt exactly call Boomerang, and Piece Of The Pie not fillers, but that production was bad even for 1988, listen to Appetite, that was in 87 wasnt it? it still stands up today, Y&T Contagious that was in 87, and that fucking smokes still today, so I think it was just bad production, and I think they would do us all a gigantic service taking a month or so, and remastering Blow My Fuse, fuck I cant even imagine what that would be like, if it sounded optimal, can you?

I would say Hot Wire has about 4-5 fillers. Boomerang is not that great but I love Piece of the Pie. As mentioned Cold blood is their best song. Blow My Fuse, Don't close your a Eyes can't be denied. Appetites production is steller, no doubt. I don't hear anything wrong with kix BMF production. In fact , coming from a huge Y & T fan, contagious is a great album with muddy production.

Hot Wire comes out and fucking rocks, what compares to Girl Money?? I'm talking about rocking wise, think about it, nothing on bmf comes at you like Girl Money?? and Bump The La La, they just stepped it up a notch on Hot Wire, OK, I'm not going to argue with you and try to tell you theres a better song then Cold Blood on Hot Wire, cause theres not a better song then Cold Blood on any other Kix album, its easily their best song ever, thats a fact, when does it actually ever pull it's zipper down, and let it's balls out rock?? Same Jane gets your foot thumping and doesn't stop,if we were having this debate over Show Business, It wouldn't even still be being talked about, WTF? does nobody else understand what im trying to get at here? maybe I'm just a poser, and need to go walk my ass into on coming traffic? maybe Hot Wire is only liked by queers, and posers, and I just exposed myself? IDK, Contagious is far Superior to Blow My Fuse production wise, I wish you could somehow listen in my room right now, to the difference, as I flip back and forth between L.A. Rocks, and No Ring Around Rosie, not even in the same ballpark.

Hot Wire comes out and fucking rocks, what compares to Girl Money?? I'm talking about rocking wise, think about it, nothing on bmf comes at you like Girl Money?? and Bump The La La, they just stepped it up a notch on Hot Wire, OK, I'm not going to argue with you and try to tell you theres a better song then Cold Blood on Hot Wire, cause theres not a better song then Cold Blood on any other Kix album, its easily their best song ever, thats a fact, when does it actually ever pull it's zipper down, and let it's balls out rock?? Same Jane gets your foot thumping and doesn't stop,if we were having this debate over Show Business, It wouldn't even still be being talked about, WTF? does nobody else understand what im trying to get at here? maybe I'm just a poser, and need to go walk my ass into on coming traffic? maybe Hot Wire is only liked by queers, and posers, and I just exposed myself? IDK, Contagious is far Superior to Blow My Fuse production wise, I wish you could somehow listen in my room right now, to the difference, as I flip back and forth between L.A. Rocks, and No Ring Around Rosie, not even in the same ballpark.

Okay buddy, balls in my court now right lol. Here is my honest opinion on Kix and HW. The only two albums I can stand from them are BMF & HW, I just happen to think HW is not near as good. Here is my simple breakdown:

1. Hot Wire - Crap 2. Girl Money - Excellent 3. Luv-a-holic - Crap 4. Tear Down the Walls - Excellent 5. Bump the La La - Excellent 6. Rock and Roll Overdose - Crap 7. Cold Chills - Excellent 8. Same Jane - Excellent 9. Pants on Fire (Liar, Liar) - Crap 10.

Hee Bee Jee Bee Crush - Crap

So half excellent, half crap. In my opinion, that doesn't make for a great album.

As for Contagious, coming from the worlds #1 Y&T fan, I LOVE the album and I don't mind the production but as I said before, while BMF production is paper thin, it is also crystal clear.

And no, you're not queer. Unless that's your thing buddy :)

Peace!

JL

PS - On topic, either way Ratt is better by so many miles it's not even close.

Okay buddy, balls in my court now right lol. Here is my honest opinion on Kix and HW. The only two albums I can stand from them are BMF & HW, I just happen to think HW is not near as good. Here is my simple breakdown:

1. Hot Wire - Crap 2. Girl Money - Excellent 3. Luv-a-holic - Crap 4. Tear Down the Walls - Excellent 5. Bump the La La - Excellent 6. Rock and Roll Overdose - Crap 7. Cold Chills - Excellent 8. Same Jane - Excellent 9. Pants on Fire (Liar, Liar) - Crap 10.

So half excellent, half crap. In my opinion, that doesn't make for a great album.

As for Contagious, coming from the worlds #1 Y&T fan, I LOVE the album and I don't mind the production but as I said before, while BMF production is paper thin, it is also crystal clear.

Peace!

JL

Good enough for me, so how bout that new shit by 50 cent?

I think it's pretty damn close. What brings KIX's overall score down IMO are those first two discs, especially Cool Kids. Midnite Dynamite is by far their best disc and I do agree with Cody that Blow My Fuse has poor production but great songs, minus a few fillers. Hot Wire also has a few fillers but lots of great tracks. Show Business was kind of lame, as most of those songs were old demos.

I voted KIX because I've loved them since the beginning but I can't deny the greatness of RATT's catalog. It's really a toss up for me.

Peace!

JL

I wouldn't wipe my ass with rap or hip hopity hop...but I think you know that ;)

Peace!

JL

I wouldn't wipe my ass with rap or hip hopity hop...but I think you know that ;)

I wouldn't have axed that question to anyone else here, LOL, I just realized I was arguing with someone, about something, that is completely asinine, I shouldn't be arguing with a fellow metal head, over 2 legendary bands, that really has no point in being argued about, I was being stupid, I should be arguing with an ignorant lemming, with no musical taste, about shit music known as CRAP(or Rap), I was more or less apologizing with irony, get it now?

Peace!

JL

I wouldn't have axed that question to anyone else here, LOL, I just realized I was arguing with someone, about something, that is completely asinine, I shouldn't be arguing with a fellow metal head, over 2 legendary bands, that really has no point in being argued about, I was being stupid, I should be arguing with an ignorant lemming, with no musical taste, about shit music known as CRAP(or Rap), I was more or less apologizing with irony, get it now?

No arguing here brother, friendly debating as always. Keeps things exciting :)

Enjoy BOTH bands my friend ;)

• 9 months later...

Ratt easily. I cant say I love every song on their albums, but if you take a compilation like Ratt n Roll 81-91, the reason its so fucking long is that there were just so many great fucking singles (there is not a single song on that compilation I dont love).
As for Kix, if I had to compile a compilation of their songs, I could probably only name a handful (despite owning all their albums) and most of those would be from the Hot wire album.

Ratt by a huge margin. I love Kix but Ratt was one of the bands that got me hooked in this genre back in the day and they'll always be one of my favorites.

I could not have said it better Gringo!