Azintex-music.com

Stefan

hi stefan,

i recently have time surfing on this site and intrigued with many rarities they sell there.

I wonder how good is this boot in terms of sound quality and disc pressing ?

I mean, if the booklet is as good as the original, but how about the disc, if it's on par with CDR pressing quality, then it's kinda useless to me (afraid in 3-4 years, it's damaged), but if it's as good as factory-pressing quality, then I'm interesting in buying a few items since it's almost impossible to find them in a decent price.

I've got CDRs that are 15 years old are are still ok. What are you doing to them that they are only lasting 3-4 years???

As far as the artwork goes, a friend and I compared the Unruly Child debut and there was a panel missing from the booklet. It made no sense because every other detail was spot on. Well the print quality was poorer than the original but that is to be expected.

Actually i also have CDRs that's already 10 years and still fine but also several of them (maybe cheap one, dunno), getting harder to be recognized by the player, or have some skips, even though I didn't see any scratch at all to that disc, that's weird but it happens.

@geoff : well I guess it worth a shot, probably gonna buy hurry scurry and ultranite you discovered while ago, and also with couple of other stuffs that you have to spend $30-$50 each to buy :crying:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi stefan,

i recently have time surfing on this site and intrigued with many rarities they sell there.

I wonder how good is this boot in terms of sound quality and disc pressing ?

I mean, if the booklet is as good as the original, but how about the disc, if it's on par with CDR pressing quality, then it's kinda useless to me (afraid in 3-4 years, it's damaged), but if it's as good as factory-pressing quality, then I'm interesting in buying a few items since it's almost impossible to find them in a decent price.

I've got CDRs that are 15 years old are are still ok. What are you doing to them that they are only lasting 3-4 years???

As far as the artwork goes, a friend and I compared the Unruly Child debut and there was a panel missing from the booklet. It made no sense because every other detail was spot on. Well the print quality was poorer than the original but that is to be expected.

Actually i also have CDRs that's already 10 years and still fine but also several of them (maybe cheap one, dunno), getting harder to be recognized by the player, or have some skips, even though I didn't see any scratch at all to that disc, that's weird but it happens.

@geoff : well I guess it worth a shot, probably gonna buy hurry scurry and ultranite you discovered while ago, and also with couple of other stuffs that you have to spend $30-$50 each to buy :crying:

Here's the deal Nightrain, Geoff is right on the money with his post. Like I said in some of the earlier posts the booklets may have some minor differences to the original but the cds are NOT some cheap CD-Rs, they are silver-pressed. If you are a "serious" collector who looks (and crave) for originals then stay away. If you on the other hand are in it for the music (like me and Geoff and probably another 100 on this board :) ), then empty your money purse with confidence.

I'm not getting involved in some discussions about legal/illegal cds, you may take the decisions yourself. But like Geoff, I don't have a problem with it (speaking of course of the out of print stuff).

As a matter of fact, I have 20 cds coming my way as we speak :bananamac:

so if it's factory press, i will assume that the source they made came from the original disc so the sound is basically 100% identical to the original one, right ?

i guess in a couple of days i'll throw in a small order, probably 5-6 to test the waters :guitbannana:

thx :drink:

so if it's factory press, i will assume that the source they made came from the original disc so the sound is basically 100% identical to the original one , right ?

i guess in a couple of days i'll throw in a small order, probably 5-6 to test the waters :guitbannana:

thx :drink:

I guess. I don't have the original to compare with but yes, nothing wrong with the quality.

As a matter of fact, I have 20 cds coming my way as we speak :bananamac:

Haha! Yeah, I have 22 I think. :lol: The last batch of new arrivals was wikkid fresh.

Okay I've just had another look through the Azintex catalogue. There are some great titles there that are long out of print and which are difficult to obtain as originals. And yes I'm sure the quality is of a very high standard and as everyone has said, it is difficult to distinguish between these and the originals.

But there are two things that bother me about Azintex:

1. A large percentage of the CD's are new releases, still in print, just off the press in fact, from as recent as this year. I really feel sorry for the artists who have put in so much hard work to record and promote their album, and then to have a company like this start mass re-producing their brand new CD and selling them off at cheap prices. The artists are totally losing out here. You might say, well what about the illegal sharing of brand new albums on MP3 format, it's been hapenning for years. But MP3's are advertised as MP3's and everyone knows they are not legitiment (unless purchased from I-tunes etc.). But here we are talking about false advertising - physical CD's being disguised as the real thing when in fact they are unauthorized CDR's (albeit very good quality ones). I know from looking at the Azintex website that they do not make a claim one way or the other as to whether the CD's are legitiment original pressings or CDR's; but this doesn't make it okay - it is still misleading people.

2. The flow on effect that this website has is that other sellers from around the world are buying these CD's in bulk and selling them on E-Bay, claiming that they are genuine original CD's. I can name several E-Bay sellers who I strongly suspect of doing this. You can easily tell because these sellers will have half of the Azintex CD catalogue for sale, all in brand new condition. One such seller who's auctions I was just browsing through, has nearly every Aztinex CD for sale and on each one it states "Mint condition. We don't sell CD-Rs or promos. Only official releases." - What bullshit. I hate to think how many sellers are telling us blatant lies like this.

As I said above, I don't mind CDR reproductions of long out of print/obscure/insanely expensive/never released material, just as I don't mind downloading MP3's of long out of print/obscure/insanely expensive/never released material. But reproducing new stuff as CDR's and claiming them to be original is very wrong in my books. There is already a problem in the AOR/Hard Rock/Metal community with too many bootlegs floating around so just imagaine how much bigger the problem will become if everyone starts re-selling these Azintex releases.

So for me, unless Azintex was to release a CDR of something very obscure such as the Aussie bands Blue Ruby or Avalon, I'll be staying away from them.

And lets face it, looking at the Azintex catalogue, aside from a handful of only moderately rare titles, there is nothing really obscure there at all. If your going to re-produce CD's illegally and make a business from selling bootlegs and CDR's, why not make it ultra rare stuff that can't be obtained by other means. There's plenty out there.

These are just my thoughts. Feel free to agree or disagree, in a friendly sort of way of course.

Regarding the oop cd's, you definitely need to be very wary about the sellers on ebay right now claiming to have "original" presses of the cd's Azintex has available because most of them are from there or another similar company. You can tell because there will be 10 sellers with the same title and same description and they all start the bidding @ between $5.99-$7.99 or a bin for that price. After seeing the quality of the product first hand that is coming out of Russia it will be very hard for me to ever buy with confidence a hard to find out of print rare album for high $$'s knowing that they possibly could be being produced en masse in Siberia and then realize I just got taken for a big chunk of change.

This topic brings me back to a reply to a post awhile back about amazon. For those that dont know, Amazon is now also doing the following: CD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.

I went to order a Laura Branigan 2 cd the other day and saw this. It made me wonder since this cd has never been reissued if the cd Amazon makes is going to be identical to the first pressing. First Pressings Had Made in West Germany on them. Since this cd has never been reissued it would be easy to think you were getting a original when you really werent.

This would make it almost impossible to know what you are getting from sellers once these start to spread out across the internet. Even the sellers might not have a clue.

If Amazon can do this why couldnt some of these rarier bands just team up with Amazon and do the same

NOTE: Amazon is working with the record companies, ect, so they are getting payed for it.

Amazon describes it like this:

What are CD-R and DVD-R media?

CD-Rs and DVD-Rs (the "R" stands for "recordable") look like the discs you're used to and offer the same audio and image quality. This recordable media is used to manufacture titles on demand, as fully authorized by the content provider.

Through manufacturing on demand, CreateSpace, part of the Amazon.com group of companies, enables Amazon.com to offer music and video content that might not otherwise be available. Each disc comes fully packaged, with artwork, in a standard jewel case for audio and an Amaray case for video, although for reissued products the artwork may differ from the original.

CreateSpace works with many of the leading music labels, television networks, film studios, and other distributors to make these titles available to Amazon.com customers. All products are manufactured from original source materials (e.g., for audio products, uncompressed CD-quality audio).

By eliminating inventory, waste, and inefficiencies in the distribution system, on-demand manufacturing provides the added benefit of helping preserve the environment.

When shopping, you'll see CD-R or DVD-R on the product detail page for such products. Amazon.com's standard return policy applies to these purchases.

Regarding the oop cd's, you definitely need to be very wary about the sellers on ebay right now claiming to have "original" presses of the cd's Azintex has available because most of them are from there or another similar company. You can tell because there will be 10 sellers with the same title and same description and they all start the bidding @ between $5.99-$7.99 or a bin for that price. After seeing the quality of the product first hand that is coming out of Russia it will be very hard for me to ever buy with confidence a hard to find out of print rare album for high $$'s knowing that they possibly could be being produced en masse in Siberia and then realize I just got taken for a big chunk of change.

Very true. The other give away that the CD being sold is from Azintex is when they have a large range of titles that Azintex carry but they are often listed as being new/mint condition. Can I say, like many others here, I'm in it for the music, not the value of my collection - but I don't like being mislead or lied to by sellers. As Rick states, this sort of thing makes it very hard to buy with confidence anymore. I wonder if a list of E-Bay sellers should be created, listeing sellers who are strongly suspected of selling Azintex releases?

Very true. The other give away that the CD being sold is from Azintex is when they have a large range of titles that Azintex carry but they are often listed as being new/mint condition. Can I say, like many others here, I'm in it for the music, not the value of my collection - but I don't like being mislead or lied to by sellers. As Rick states, this sort of thing makes it very hard to buy with confidence anymore. I wonder if a list of E-Bay sellers should be created, listeing sellers who are strongly suspected of selling Azintex releases?

I say list them all if you know that's what they're doing. It's bullshit if their saying as you said "We don't sell CDRS and only sell originals" when it's these CDRs/boots.

As most has said I'm almost terrified to ever buy a kind of rare cd with fear that it will be one of these boots.

I also agree with the idea of these bands just partnering with Amazon to do the CDR on Demand since at least they'll get paid and it's all upfront with what you're getting and if they do it with a good booklet with Liner notes it would make it worth spending $10 to get it if it's long out of print and very rare.

this can be a long discussion but everyone is up for their own decision

now i will not worry with new releases as i always buy from the artist's website directly or any official retailers, and regarding OOP, i will see if there's any official reissue (rockcandy/retrospect/yesterrock/etc), then i will buy that.

now, let's see if it's long OOP and very rare stuff. The only possible thing you can buy this is through eBay or friend or second hand store, right. In my case, I don't have the luxury of having a lot of second hand store in my country that sell a lot of rare stuffs, perhaps only one or two, and the odds of very rare cd to come up is almost zero, so the best thing i can shoot is from friend or eBay. Now, if a seller/friend sell a cd for let's say $100, and I bought it, I still don't see how this will benefit this artist directly as the bulk of money will go straightly into the seller's pocket, so basically, buying boot or expensive original disc will both won't benefit the artist in any way.

my concern is what quality did azintex use on their disc. If the sleeve is slightly poorer then it's still okay because maybe they just scan the original one with lower resolution and print them out, but how is the disc ? if it's the same as CDR, then it's kinda useless because i'm afraid in 3-4 years it'll be damaged, but based on what the other guys said that it's not cheap CDR, but a professional factory pressing disc, means that the quality of the physical disc you're buying is basically, at least, the same as the original one.

Now that's good news for music lovers.

the best thing to hunt for this rare stuff is to after the japanese release from well-trusted seller, the probability of it's being boot is pretty low, but only if you can afford the insane price, especially with the OBI. Rare stuff like this can go beyond $50 point which is kinda crazy since you can buy 3-4 new releases CD with that kind of money.

Now, if a seller/friend sell a cd for let's say $100, and I bought it, I still don't see how this will benefit this artist directly as the bulk of money will go straightly into the seller's pocket, so basically, buying boot or expensive original disc will both won't benefit the artist in any way.

In regards to the artists, of course they're not going to receive any financial benefit from you buying a 2nd hand CD from a friend or a seller. But they're not going to be disadvantaged by it either. What Azintex is doing (legal or not in that region of the world) is making big dollars by selling unauthorized copies of an artists work.

I know you have stated that you are only interested in the rare/OOP/obscure titles from Azintex - which is I good thing. But I would like to know your thoughts on this. How do you feel about someone going out and buying 30 copies of the Immaculate Mary CD or 9.0 Too Far Gone (for example) and re-selling them on E-Bay or Amazon without acknowledging that they are unofficial and unauthorised illegal bootlegs? And what about the music fan out there that is now trying to find a legit copy of 9.0 Too Far Gone, but has to sort through dozens of misleading listings before finding one.

Okay lets try something. I'm searching E-Bay for a copy of 9.0 Too Far Gone.

I get 11 results, 7 of them CD's, all listed below.

---

1st seller:

From Italy

Auction Link

MINT condition.

29.99 Euros starting bid

Seller states "CD ORIGINAL AT 100%! TUTTI I CD SONO ORIGINALI - NO BOOTLEG - NO PROMOTIONAL!! ONLY ORIGINAL AND PERFECT!!!! :-)"

Other CD's for sale by this seller include mint copies of:

Leige Lord - Burn to my touch

Leige Lord - Freedoms Rise

Faithful Breath - Skol

Faithful Breath - Gold N Glory

Tokyo Blade - No Remorse

Immaculate Mary - Through the eyes of youth

Ultranite - I want my own planet

Vice - Made For Pleasure

Jagged Edge - Trouble (with the six bonus tracks)

Blue Blud - The big noise

+more

---

2nd seller

From Lativa

Auction Link

MINT condition.

3.70 Euros starting bid

Blue Blood - Universal Language

Lea Hart - Trapped

Tokyo Blade - all the releases that Azintex have

Cold Sweat - Break Out

Vice - Made For Pleasure

Vice - Second Excess

Quiet Riot, Girlschool, Budgie, the list goes on here, all MINT condition.

---

Seller 3

From USA

Auction Link

This one's legit, sealed blister pack.

---

Seller 4

From Azerbaijan Republic

Auction Link

Seller's name is Azintex13.

---

Seller 5

From USA

Auction Link

---

Seller 6

From Germany

Auction Link

LIKE NEW condition

59.90 Euros buy it now

Appears to be a good seller without a truck load of Azintex titles for sale. I'd probably feel confident that this one is legit.

---

Seller 7

From UK

Auction Link

MINT condition.

US $8.99 starting bid

Seller states "Mint condition. We don't sell CD-Rs or promos. Only official releases."

Has tons of Azintex titles for sale - check out his other listings.

Very misleading seller.

---

So of the 7 copies of this CD for sale on E-Bay, 4 of them are very likely Azintex releases. Not that anyone would dare buy a CD from Lativa or Azerbaijan Republic anyway, but that's about 60% bootlegs.

I think the results here speak for themselves.

Okay lets try something. I'm searching E-Bay for a copy of 9.0 Too Far Gone.

I get 11 results, 7 of them CD's, all listed below.

---

1st seller:

From Italy

Auction Link

MINT condition.

29.99 Euros starting bid

Seller states "CD ORIGINAL AT 100%! TUTTI I CD SONO ORIGINALI - NO BOOTLEG - NO PROMOTIONAL!! ONLY ORIGINAL AND PERFECT!!!! :-)"

Leige Lord - Burn to my touch

Leige Lord - Freedoms Rise

Faithful Breath - Skol

Faithful Breath - Gold N Glory

Tokyo Blade - No Remorse

Vice - Made For Pleasure

Blue Blud - The big noise

+more

---

2nd seller

From Lativa

Auction Link

MINT condition.

3.70 Euros starting bid

Blue Blood - Universal Language

Lea Hart - Trapped

Tokyo Blade - all the releases that Azintex have

Cold Sweat - Break Out

Vice - Made For Pleasure

Vice - Second Excess

Quiet Riot, Girlschool, Budgie, the list goes on here, all MINT condition.

---

Seller 3

From USA

Auction Link

---

Seller 4

From Azerbaijan Republic

Auction Link

Seller's name is Azintex13.

---

Seller 5

From USA

Auction Link

---

Seller 6

From Germany

Auction Link

LIKE NEW condition

59.90 Euros buy it now

Appears to be a good seller without a truck load of Azintex titles for sale. I'd probably feel confident that this one is legit.

---

Seller 7

From UK

Auction Link

MINT condition.

US $8.99 starting bid

Seller states "Mint condition. We don't sell CD-Rs or promos. Only official releases."

Has tons of Azintex titles for sale - check out his other listings.

Very misleading seller.

---

So of the 7 copies of this CD for sale on E-Bay, 4 of them are very likely Azintex releases. Not that anyone would dare buy a CD from Lativa or Azerbaijan Republic anyway, but that's about 60% bootlegs.

I think the results here speak for themselves.

I totally agree, I've been trying to get those Stormwitch reissues and it seems that every seller seems to be selling those bootlegs... including one of the sellers you listed above:

...coz he has the Biker Mice from Mars soundtrack and it has exactly the same description as that on Azintex.

I also agree with the idea of these bands just partnering with Amazon to do the CDR on Demand since at least they'll get paid and it's all upfront with what you're getting and if they do it with a good booklet with Liner notes it would make it worth spending $10 to get it if it's long out of print and very rare.

Sorry Wes, have to disagree with you on that one. I refuse to buy a cd-r on demand. I accidentally purchased one of those on Amazon of the 2nd Dirty Penny release. This was before Amazon labeled the item as a cd-r and I was ticked when I got it. I see no reason at all to "buy" a cd-r when I can make my own. It's bad enough when bands "reissue" their albums on cd-r (*cough*Banshee*cough*) If I 'm going to pay good money then it's going to be for the real deal. Nowadays with all the options available to a band there is no excuse for them to not be able to get some kind of official silver pressed reissue of an album if they can make it available as a cd-r on Amazon. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry Wes, have to disagree with you on that one. I refuse to buy a cd-r on demand. I accidentally purchased one of those on Amazon of the 2nd Dirty Penny release. This was before Amazon labeled the item as a cd-r and I was ticked when I got it. I see no reason at all to "buy" a cd-r when I can make my own. It's bad enough when bands "reissue" their albums on cd-r (*cough*Banshee*cough*) If I 'm going to pay good money then it's going to be for the real deal. Nowadays with all the options available to a band there is no excuse for them to not be able to get some kind of official silver pressed reissue of an album if they can make it available as a cd-r on Amazon. Just my 2 cents.

:agree:

I don't like CD-Rs and hate MP3s even more. I want the real deal (physical).

• 5 months later...

Just few words about Azintex

I've tried , i've bought 8 albums (all OOP) and 5 were defective (impossible to be played on a cd player, i've tried on several)

After some mails & photos i was asked to send back these cds in Russia but never arrived......

This was my 1st experience and the last :angry2:

I've tried , i've bought 8 albums (all OOP) and 5 were defective (impossible to be played on a cd player, i've tried on several)

After some mails & photos i was asked to send back these cds in Russia but never arrived......

I haven't had a single problem with the company or the discs. Only issue is some of the back inserts are bent on the corners when they arrive. Just sayin'.

I haven't had a single problem with the company or the discs. Only issue is some of the back inserts are bent on the corners when they arrive. Just sayin'.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I must admit I had a couple of defects on a couple of earlier discs. But they were very minor and only one each on I think it was only two discs. Considering I think I've got over 100 now with only 1 or 2 defects, I'm very happy with what I'm getting.

it might be best to tell what cds are you ordering ?

i think i only buy 8 cds from them so far and they're fine

thinking of ordering another 8 or 10 next month because i have trouble finding Transit discs, and looks like they have 3 albums there, are they also fine or defects ? anyone has experience ?

thinking of ordering another 8 or 10 next month because i have trouble finding Transit discs, and looks like they have 3 albums there, are they also fine or defects ? anyone has experience ?

I got 'Dirty Pleasures' and 'Heartcore' and both are fine. I already had an original of 'Catchfire' so can't comment on that one. :)

I got 'Dirty Pleasures' and 'Heartcore' and both are fine. I already had an original of 'Catchfire' so can't comment on that one. :)

great news G,

that two will be in the cart, btw haven't listen to Catchfire samples, is it any good ?

great news G,

that two will be in the cart, btw haven't listen to Catchfire samples, is it any good ?

It's solid, but it's clearly the weaker of their 3 albums. I think all 3 are worthwhile, though. 'Catchfire' is also a lot more common because it's their last (and weakest) one. I got mine off ebay a long time ago and I think it still sells for pretty cheap. Might be worth checking for legit originals first?

The first 2 albums are utterly brilliant, though. 'Catchfire' is less melodic rock, more straight forward.