Frontiers Records - Oct. 29, 2010

heavyharmonies

Triumph is one of Canada's greatest Hard Rock bands. With 10 classic albums released between 1976 and 1987, they have left an indelible mark on the history of Hard Rock, Melodic Rock and are nowadays considered among the forefathers of Progressive Metal.

Epitomizing the essence of the Power trio sound: Rik Emmett (guitar and vocals), Mike Levine (bass and keyboards) and Gil Moore (drums and vocals) are regarded as virtuoso musicians in their own right and great entertainers thanks to the Triumph concert spectacle that was second to none.

Frontiers Records is therefore proud to announce that the official reissues of Triumph’s 10 classic albums, in digipak version and with the original tracklistings, will be released on December 3rd.

In The Beginning (1976)

Rock and Roll Machine (1977)

Just a Game (1979)

Progressions of Power (1980)

Allied Forces (1981)

Never Surrender (1983)

Thunder Seven (1984)

Stages (Live) (1985)

The Sport of Kings (1986)

Surveillance (1987)

All CDs have been remastered and feature an extensive booklet including lyrics.

In addition, Frontiers will issue a very limited collector’s edition Box Set entitled “Diamond Collection” which will include all the 10 albums in vinyl replica, and will feature the artwork from the original vinyl edition of the albums.

While future plans remain uncertain for the band, and after the recent reunion shows, the time to re-live the impressive legacy of their music has come. This new set of reissues is a real present to the Triumph fans, both old and new, who now have the opportunity to own these timeless masterpieces of Classic Rock. Enjoy !

Weblinks: http://www.triumphmusic.com / http://www.frontiers.it

[it's a shame that there don't appear to be any bonus tracks. -Dan]

Very much looking forward to getting these remasters. Will probably go for the box set as well. Have these albums been remastered before? I seem to re-call they were re released several years ago.

Very much looking forward to getting these remasters. Will probably go for the box set as well. Have these albums been remastered before? I seem to re-call they were re released several years ago.

yeah, I have all the TRC remasters from a few years back and I also have a feeling they were redone as the millennium remasters awhile back aswell.

• My Little Pony

Because of the lack of bonus tracks and the fact I live in Canada, I think I'll look for the previous remasters. I appreciate Frontiers, what they're doing in general, but their prices are too steep, and that's before any shipping costs.

Because of the lack of bonus tracks and the fact I live in Canada, I think I'll look for the previous remasters. I appreciate Frontiers, what they're doing in general, but their prices are too steep, and that's before any shipping costs.

The box set works out at about $10 (£6) for each disc, so pretty damned good I would say, for a limited edition box!

I see they left out "Edge Of Excess"... :popcorn:

Although I have all the originals... the box set does sound like something to pick up though.

How great would it be if they did include bonus tracks..?

I see they left out "Edge Of Excess"... :popcorn:

Although I have all the originals... the box set does sound like something to pick up though.

How great would it be if they did include bonus tracks..?

'Edge Of Excess' was on a completely different label (Victory) to all their other releases (MCA) So I presume there maybe is an issue with licensing it.

I don't know if this is correct, but I did read somewhere that they didn't record a lot of extra stuff, so the vaults maybe a little bare, unless you want more live bonus tracks, which I don't think these re-issues need to be honest. .

I've just checked with my usual online CD suplier and the price he quoted me in £'s is very excellent. On to my list it goes.

Damn...I just finished picking all of them up off eBay, some original, some remasters....if I had known this set was coming out I would have waited....

I hate it when that happens!!