Malicious Mischief - Tell It Like It Is

Just received this CD I won in an Ebay auction.

Link to CD description on eBay

A couple comments:

1-Item is listed as LIKE NEW, (eBay description: "An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact."), although seller does mention the serious tab indent in front insert. No mention is made, however, of the readily apparent humidity warping in the rear insert (although picture does show it).

2-Disc itself is not LIKE NEW (i.e. unblemished), although most would probably describe it as EXCELLENT, including myself. Just a few hairline scratches.

3-Disc is clearly marked "For Promotional Use Only," and this was not in any way mentioned in the eBay description.

Am I being nit-picky?

Does anyone know if this CD was released in Promo form only? If so, than I am not nearly as concerned about this.

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

I can say it was released to the the general public as I own one and there are no promo marks. 1. I you can live with it keep it 2. If not contact the seller and tell them you going to return it for a full refund. 3. contact paypal and open a dispute. Good luck in what you decide to do

I can say it was released to the the general public as I own one and there are no promo marks. 1. I you can live with it keep it 2. If not contact the seller and tell them you going to return it for a full refund. 3. contact paypal and open a dispute. Good luck in what you decide to do

Thanks, James!!!

Thanks, James!!!

I'd suggest contacting the seller first, if he/she is reasonable you might be offered a partial refund, which would be a good compromise if you are happy to keep the promo version of the CD.

I actually don't think this was released to the public. Mine says promo only, and I had another copy long ago that said the same. I think this release was just released as a promo.

I actually don't think this was released to the public. Mine says promo only, and I had another copy long ago that said the same. I think this release was just released as a promo.

I had a copy of this one several years back, and if I recall correctly, mine was marked as a promo as well.

• My Little Pony

Its funny, I've never had such a problem, however, my current dilemma involves the sender shipping my order twice. Now I have two copies of Gotthard's "Domino Effect" and "Need to Believe."

just contact Zane at CDinzane and ask him, he was an original member of MM and the drummer on all of the bands releases.

• 4 weeks later...

They're all marked as promos....take it from me, I have had like 8 different originals of this thing and I noticed it over the years too (it stating it was a promo etc.). The guys prob did this since it was self financed and figured it was a taste of what they could do or demonstrate as a band to land a deal. It's a great CD, as good as anything else (I actually love it myself), but in reality all indies are promos or self-financed in hopes of kicksarting something, stirring up some interest. I think it was just their angle and did this on purpose with their pressing job. Maybe it was a management call who knows, but if they're not all marked as promos, 90% or more are that way.

James I'd be curious to see if you might have overlooked this, cuz as stated yours may be rarer than the rest of ours. With all the ones I've seen and the others' spoken for here we have about 13 or so originals and yours is the only saying yours in no way says promo anywhere.