Is the HH discussion board almost extinct?

zacharyamelie

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a few weeks go by without CDs being added here at HH, it's not going to kill the site...

I also feel as a newbie my opinions don't matter. Hell, I don't even get many responses when I post topics so I move on to other sites where you don't have to be in a clique to make friends.

Just my humble opinion.

I just had a quick look at some of the topics you started and in the main (except maybe the Rhino Bucket thread!) the response wasnt that bad. Got to remember that there isnt 1000s of guys coming here every day - probably a hardcore of about 50-100 on a regular basis (?).

Ive been here for about 6 years now (4 on the message boards) and ive absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the posters here. Its generally all good banter but never nasty or moany like some other boards.

Cheers

I don't think this forum is cliquey, but I can see how it might appear so to a new user. Or to someone who doesn't like Treat or Pink Cream 69. :whistle:;)

Now THAT was funny! :rofl2:

If a few weeks go by without CDs being added here at HH, it's not going to kill the site...

I also feel as a newbie my opinions don't matter. Hell, I don't even get many responses when I post topics so I move on to other sites where you don't have to be in a clique to make friends.

Just my humble opinion.

I just had a quick look at some of the topics you started and in the main (except maybe the Rhino Bucket thread!) the response wasnt that bad. Got to remember that there isnt 1000s of guys coming here every day - probably a hardcore of about 50-100 on a regular basis (?).

Ive been here for about 6 years now (4 on the message boards) and ive absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the posters here. Its generally all good banter but never nasty or moany like some other boards.

Exactly :tumbsup:

Cheers

Yeah, I'd kind of be interested to hear who's in these supposed cliques, just out of interest. Like someone else said, I reply in every thread that interests me and I don't reply to the ones I'm not interested in... it has nothing at all to do with who the poster is. :)

Yeah, I'd kind of be interested to hear who's in these supposed cliques, just out of interest. Like someone else said, I reply in every thread that interests me and I don't reply to the ones I'm not interested in... it has nothing at all to do with who the poster is. :)

So by the law of averages alone, it could, by chance, look cliquey to someone! Although maybe it just means they are particularly uninteresting...

So by the law of averages alone, it could, by chance, look cliquey to someone! Although maybe it just means they are particularly uninteresting...

im guessing 'interested' means band, not person :-)

A few weeks?? Try months!! I don't know how many CDs get submitted in a given week but goddamn, it shouldn't take MONTHS to add a CD to the site.

Just my humble opinion.

And which CD are you complaining about not being added? There's also the possibility that one of the moderators decided that the disc/band wasn't appropriate for HH.

Just to bring one of mine up, but I submitted the new band CD by Luke Morley of Thunder (The Union) back in October, yet its still not up and its certainly relevant to this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qtf2rpuKlQ

Just to bring one of mine up, but I submitted the new band CD by Luke Morley of Thunder (The Union) back in October, yet its still not up and its certainly relevant to this site.

That's a pretty cool track. :headbanger:

If you like that, its a pretty good representation of the whole album.

Heres their first promo video, which will show you its a similar sound on the whole CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWvE2c6VCGE

A few weeks?? Try months!! I don't know how many CDs get submitted in a given week but goddamn, it shouldn't take MONTHS to add a CD to the site.

Just my humble opinion.

And which CD are you complaining about not being added? There's also the possibility that one of the moderators decided that the disc/band wasn't appropriate for HH.

It´s up now :guitbannana:

Pretty good stuff!

Indeed. Just to confirm before James digs this stake further into my handsome vampire heart ( ;) )... what I mean is that - for an example - I will not and haven't replied to threads about thrash metal bands because I don't like the music and I have no knowledge or thoughts to add to those threads. But I happily and plentifully reply to any melodic/glam/sleaze/AOR thread because I dig the tunes.

Same goes for the non-music threads. I wouldn't reply to a thread about cars or American or UK sports, but I will hungrily reply to a thread about Aussie NRL or sexy ladiez or something I can relate to.

Just like real life, mate. You contribute to what interests you personally, but you can't have an interest in every single thing just to keep someone else happy and feeling needed. ;)

Indeed. Just to confirm before James digs this stake further into my handsome vampire heart ( ;) )... what I mean is that - for an example - I will not and haven't replied to threads about thrash metal bands because I don't like the music and I have no knowledge or thoughts to add to those threads. But I happily and plentifully reply to any melodic/glam/sleaze/AOR thread because I dig the tunes.

Same goes for the non-music threads. I wouldn't reply to a thread about cars or American or UK sports, but I will hungrily reply to a thread about Aussie NRL or sexy ladiez or something I can relate to.

Just like real life, mate. You contribute to what interests you personally, but you can't have an interest in every single thing just to keep someone else happy and feeling needed. ;)

I kinda knew that and I was kinda joking, but it wasn't even kinda funny. Good response, can't say fairer than that. As I said, it's not cliquey here, it might just look that way. Basically, it's all good.

I was going to respond but thought better of it in case the cliques decided to gang up on me.

I was going to respond but thought better of it in case the cliques decided to gang up on me.

:ninja:

Crap, Pete, he's onto us! Run away, run away! :gone:

I'm starting my own Angel City Clique, Who's with me? :anon:

I'm in, I was just listening to some o' that!

Count me in too - Fab stuff. :headbanger:

• 3 months later...

Just wondering how other people thought this place was going lately? Personally, this is the most ive posted this year, for various reasons, but still nowhere near what i did in past years... nor have i kept in contact with people as much..