KIX LIVE... yes or no..?

KIX LIVE  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm kind of curious on this one...

How many of you have seen KIX live.

If you have... maybe list where, how many times, and when.

The summer of 1989, it was called 5 bands for 5 bucks in Kansas City at Sandstone, an outdoor venue. It was Warrant, Kix, Dangerous Toys (and I think XYZ and The Front were the last 2 but I can't remember right off anymore). One of the my favorite concerts I've seen, and I've seen a lot.

Their stage backdrop was lightning bolts from the Blow My Fuse album cover, and ironically just as it got dark and they were playing, a huge thunderstorm rolled through, so they ended up having real lightning as their backdrop, and they didn't even stop the show. It was killer (and extremely wet so I'm amazed nobody got killed with all the lightning and water around).

Seen'em five times between 1991 (just prior to the release of HOT WIRE) and 1995 (their final tour for SHOW BUSINESS). Faaaaaan-TASTIC shows each and every one.

Who's the wise guy who checked "Not Interested In Seeing Them?" :hammer:

Guest Tuffluck87

I saw them about 10-12 times..all between 1986-1993...all local club shows on Long island, NY and New York City..except one arena show opening up for RATT in 1989..for the most part, they always put on a great show..very entertaining...

Probably that Geoff guy... or maybe Nick, because every time they play he sulks on the other side of the pond there. He may be just trying to convince himself he has no interest in seeing them again. :popcorn:

Nope, Haven't seen em live, but DAMNIT I WANT TO!!!! :headbanger:

I'm going to see them twice this weekend. I've seen them quite a few times... we could count this Friday night's show for you if it would make you feel any better. :whistle:

at least 4 or 5 I remember...

First time at the Spectrum, opening for the Kinks, 1982 or 1983, I will have to check my ticket stub..

2) Royal Manor club in New Brunswick, NJ 82 or 83, I know it was a few months after the Kinks show...

3) One of the best club shows I was ever at, it was a Maryland or Baltimore invades the Empire Rock Club in Philly with Kix, Wrathchild (before they became Wrathchild America) and one other Balt. band I can't remember..I'm thinking 83 or 84 maybe...

4) the other L'Amours in Queens, NY with Teeze opening...83 or 84

5) the last time was a couple years back at some club in the middle of Penna. called Peppers, it was a Funny Money show, but they did alot of Kix tunes, Teeze/Roughhouse was the opening band...

3) One of the best club shows I was ever at, it was a Maryland or Baltimore invades the Empire Rock Club in Philly with Kix, Wrathchild (before they became Wrathchild America) and one other Balt. band I can't remember..I'm thinking 83 or 84 maybe...

I'd love to know who that 3rd band was...

Maybe:

STAGGERWING

THE VAMPS

CHILD'S PLAY

DC STAR

RUFF RIDE

BOOT CAMP

RANDOM HAVOC

PATRIOT

I just realized that LV KIX requested that we list "where" and "when" on our Kix shows, which I never did, so here goes...

First time: Summer of 1991 at World Stage in Spring Valley, NY, only a week or two prior to the release of the HOT WIRE album. Don't remember who opened but I'm pretty sure it was nobody noteworthy, just some local bands.

Second: Late 1993 at the Cricket Club in Irvington, NJ. This show holds the distinction of being the first and ONLY show I ever attended at the Cricket Club cuz as it turns out, Irvington happens to be one of the sickest crack ghettos in New Jersey. My brother drove us to the show and once we got a look @ the neighborhood we were in, he could not enjoy the gig at all because the whole time he was worried about whether or not his car was still going to be outside when the show was over...hahaha.

Third, fourth, fifth: these kinda run together as they were all in the same year (1995) when the band was pimping the SHOW BUSINESS record. I saw them twice at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge and once at Mother's in Wayne. I am pretty sure the Mother's gig was sandwiched in between the two shows @ the Birch Hill. One of the opening bands at the Mother's show was Zyris (the band Zakk Wylde had been in before he joined Ozzy), who were totally and utterly godawful by the way. I could see why Zakk bailed on'em. :lol:

There should've been a SIXTH show on this list, which would've been mid-1993 at the Rock Palace in Staten Island, NY, but when my friend and I arrived at the club we found the Kix guys packing up their gear to split, as the show had been cancelled. Apparently the club's sound board blew up (literally!) during Kix's sound check and the show was to be re-scheduled at a later date. Needless to say I was not pleased, especially since I'd driven an hour and a half for this show. To add insult to injury, when the club re-scheduled them a few weeks later the show was on a weeknight (grrr!) so I couldn't even make the trip out to catch it as I had to work the next AM.

... and on a somewhat unrelated note, it just dawned on me as I typed this, that NONE of the concert venues I mentioned in this post (Mother's, Birch Hill, Rock Palace, World Stage or Cricket Club) are in existence anymore. Wow, it sucks getting old. :crying:

I've just voted for that too. Not being a "wise guy", just being honest. I'm not too familiar with their stuff, which I aim to rectify as soon as possible and there are other bands I'd rather see.

I used to own 'Hot Wire' and other than the title track wasn't hugely fond of it. What are the best albums? I may invest in a couple of CDs, so my vote might end up being changed...

I've just voted for that too. Not being a "wise guy", just being honest. I'm not too familiar with their stuff, which I aim to rectify as soon as possible and there are other bands I'd rather see.

I used to own 'Hot Wire' and other than the title track wasn't hugely fond of it. What are the best albums? I may invest in a couple of CDs, so my vote might end up being changed...

The S/T and Cool Kids are my fave's, with Midnight Dynamite being a close second/third (Blow My Fuse, is great too, but I can't listen to "Don't Close Your Eyes" anymore; good song just played to death). You can't go wrong with any of those first 4 discs, however MD and BMF are more "commercial"/straight ahead rock n roll, where as the S/T and Cool Kix, even though they do rock, have a bit of a new wave (Cars-ish) vibe to some of the cuts.

On topic: Unfortunately I have not been blessed with a KIX show. :(

I like'em all to one extent or another (even the widely hated SHOW BUSINESS) but my faves would be MIDNITE DYNAMITE and HOT WIRE. Of course, BLOW MY FUSE was their lone "hit" and it's a great album, but the problem with it is the production blows goats. That album needs a remix/remaster like nobody's business.

Cool Kids...have a bit of a new wave (Cars-ish) vibe to some of the cuts.

I was just listening to COOL KIDS earlier today. It's something of a mish mash but I can dig the Cars/new wave influence, I also hear some Cheap Trick vibe.

The video for the title track always cracks me up. All them city kids in greaser jackets, skinny ties and 80s haircuts rockin' out in the streets! It's like an outtake from "Square Pegs" gone horribly wrong. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMwY66HdLk

The video for the title track always cracks me up. All them city kids in greaser jackets, skinny ties and 80s haircuts rockin' out in the streets! It's like an outtake from "Square Pegs" gone horribly wrong. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMwY66HdLk

Hey now... That's how we did it back on the streets of Baltimore in 1983. Why I outta... :hammer:

Hey now... That's how we did it back on the streets of Baltimore in 1983. Why I outta... :hammer:

Maybe so but Baltimore was apparently too cool (or perhaps not cool enough) to be in this video shoot. Note the New York City police car. :lol:

P.S. I keed... I keed!

triumph01.jpg

My memory ain't as good as it was:

I've seen them a few times during the MIDNITE DYNAMITE and BLOW MY FUSE tours..

About 4 times at L'AMOURS in Brooklyn (A young LAW & ORDER opened one of those nights)

One of the nights, Steve got the spotlight on a kid that had stapled a KIX cereal logo on his jacket. Steve then called him a cheap bastard.. :rofl2:

MINGLES-The place was so packed, I couldn't even see the band..

CONVENTION HALL, ASBURY PARK-Opening acts were POMPEII and TORA TORA

CLUB BENE-Opening band JETBOY

THE RITZ-Opening bands were BEGGARS AND THIEVES & SMASHED GLADYS

The recent:

STARLAND BALLROOM-Opening act ZO2

Sorry, but thats all I can think of right now..

BTW, all these shows were in New Jersey..

Just got back from the KIX show.

All I have to say is... If they play within 150 miles of your home, you better see them. I'm thinking if you don't, you may be :baneed: from this site.

Killer set... they pulled out a ton of obscure tunes... even a couple from "Show Business".

Brian told me after the show that tomorrow night they will even pull out some more obscure songs.

Would like to hear FIRE ENGINE # 9 with Steve singing..

WOW haven't heard them do that one since before the "Midnite Dynaite" release. I thought that was a great song. I was sorry to see that it didn't make the release.

I'd love to know who that 3rd band was...

Maybe:

STAGGERWING

THE VAMPS

CHILD'S PLAY

DC STAR

RUFF RIDE

BOOT CAMP

RANDOM HAVOC

PATRIOT

I know it wasn't DC Starr or Child's Play, it was the opening band, I had never heard of them back then, Hey LV KIX, as I was thinking back, was there a offshot band of Wrathchild called Milita or something like that?