Accept - BLOOD OF THE NATIONS

Fat Freddy

There's been some talk about this disc in various threads but it hasn't gotten its own topic yet:

bloodofthenationscd.jpg

Accept's newest album w/Mark Tornillo (TT Quick) on vox dropped today in Europe, and comes out in the U.S. on September 14th.

I gotta admit, I was skeptical as hell when they first announced that they were coming back with a new singer (even though I liked T.T. Quick back in the day, I also remembered the last time they tried this trick, which was the debacle known as EAT THE HEAT) but I was sold as soon as the new video for the track "Teutonic Terror" hit the Net. I can't wait to hear the rest!!

For those of you who've missed it elsewhere, vid for "Teutonic Terror"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOwCqkUmags

and another sneak peek of the track "The Abyss"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5yp19t4VYs

Accept will be also doing a run of U.S. dates this Fall with King's X (?? Anyone else think that's a weird combo, or is it just me?)

Sep. 23 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance

Sep. 24 - Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live

Sep. 25 - Sayreville, NJ - The Starland Ballroom

Sep. 27 - New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill

Sep. 29 - Foxborough, MA - Showcase Live

Oct. 01 - Reading, PA - The Silo

Oct. 02 - Mount Clemens, MI - The Emerald Theatre

Oct. 09 - Chicago, IL - The Arcada

Oct. 12 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues

Oct. 13 - Houston, TX - House of Blues

So what do y'all think? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Release da houndz!

I like the new song and I'm sure I'll dig the new album but maybe I'm in the minority but I think that Eat the Heat was awesome and in no way I'd classify it as a debacle. Then again I could see why some older fans didn't like it with it being more melodic in places and being without UDO but Reece kicks ass and I love every song on that disc. :headbanger:

I like the new song and I'm sure I'll dig the new album but maybe I'm in the minority but I think that Eat the Heat was awesome and in no way I'd classify it as a debacle. Then again I could see why some older fans didn't like it with it being more melodic in places and being without UDO but Reece kicks ass and I love every song on that disc. :headbanger:

'Eat The Heat' was definitely NO debacle. Very different from Accept of old i'll give you, so obviously it will divide opinions, as per usual. Good album imo.

'Eat The Heat' was very different from Accept of old i'll grant you, so obviously it will divide opinions as per usual (Kiss' 'Crazy Nights' all over again ;) ) but it was certainly NO debacle in my opinion. Good disc for me.

'Eat The Heat' was very different from Accept of old i'll grant you, so obviously it will divide opinions as per usual (Kiss' 'Crazy Nights' all over again ;) ) but it was certainly NO debacle in my opinion. Good disc for me.

Eat the Heat > Crazy Nights :whistle:

'Eat The Heat' was very different from Accept of old i'll grant you, so obviously it will divide opinions as per usual (Kiss' 'Crazy Nights' all over again ) but it was certainly NO debacle in my opinion.

Just to clarify, my calling the EAT THE HEAT album a "debacle" referred to the fact that upon its release, that album sold approximately zero copies and eventually killed the band, as they broke up after the U.S. tour to support it.

It was not a commentary on the quality of the toons, as I dig the EAT THE HEAT album too.

...however, Kiss' CRAZY NIGHTS blows goats for crack money. :whistle:

I really like the that song and will now most likely pick the new release up....as for Accept in general I really only consider "Balls to the Wall" & " Metal Heart" to be classics, as for the rest of their catalogue, it's average at best IMO....I know I bought 'Eat the Heat' on cassette years ago but damned if I can remember anything about it...

'Eat The Heat' was very different from Accept of old i'll grant you, so obviously it will divide opinions as per usual (Kiss' 'Crazy Nights' all over again ) but it was certainly NO debacle in my opinion.

Just to clarify, my calling the EAT THE HEAT album a "debacle" referred to the fact that upon its release, that album sold approximately zero copies and eventually killed the band, as they broke up after the U.S. tour to support it.

It was not a commentary on the quality of the toons, as I dig the EAT THE HEAT album too.

...however, Kiss' CRAZY NIGHTS blows goats for crack money. :whistle:

Just to clarify, I bought Eat The Heat on cassette when it was released so it sold approximately 1 copy thank you very much. :christmas:

I will be picking up the new one as well. It really sounds like a throwback to the ood ol days :party421: !

Half way through this for the first time and damn this is killer so far.

Classic Accept through and through and Mark sounds very UDO like.

I think old Accept fans are gonna love this. :headbanger:

I totally agree!! This is one killer disc!! A sure contender for Album Of The Year!! :headbanger:

Mark sounds very UDO like.

The cool thing is that the grit in Mark's voice makes him somewhat similar to Udo, but there's enough of a difference that he doesn't come off like a total clone.

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered the U.S. version from Amazon today. Stoked! :beerbang:

Got my copy of this muddafugga right before I went away for the weekend... so I annoyed the campground with "Teutonic Terror" numerous times ... totally bad ass record all around.

Four Words: ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR.

Got my copy of this muddafugga right before I went away for the weekend... so I annoyed the campground with "Teutonic Terror" numerous times ... totally bad ass record all around.

I was pretty excited about this one already, now I'm going to hug the postman when it arrives! ;)

now I'm going to hug the postman when it arrives! ;)

Please don't do that. I assure you he/she won't appreciate it ;)

now I'm going to hug the postman when it arrives! ;)

Please don't do that. I assure you he/she won't appreciate it ;)

Or even worse - maybe he will! :yuck:

(Maxwell Smart voice) "Would you believe...." ...I gotta replace my copy of BLOOD OF THE NATIONS already? I got it from Amazon last Thursday. Friday we went away for the weekend so I had no time to listen to it other than a few quick listens to "Teutonic Terror" and a couple of other tracks. So anyway, finally I got to play the whole damn thing all the way thru for the first time on Monday... and the last track ("Bucketful of Hate") has a f*ckin' skip on it. :hammer: I tried it in two other CD players around my house and the same track had the same problem on them too.

Fortunately Amazon has informed me that a replacement is already on the way and all I gotta do is drop the defective one off at the local UPS store tomorrow.... :guitar:

(Maxwell Smart voice) "Would you believe...." ...I gotta replace my copy of BLOOD OF THE NATIONS already? I got it from Amazon last Thursday. Friday we went away for the weekend so I had no time to listen to it other than a few quick listens to "Teutonic Terror" and a couple of other tracks. So anyway, finally I got to play the whole damn thing all the way thru for the first time on Monday... and the last track ("Bucketful of Hate") has a f*ckin' skip on it. :hammer: I tried it in two other CD players around my house and the same track had the same problem on them too.

Fortunately Amazon has informed me that a replacement is already on the way and all I gotta do is drop the defective one off at the local UPS store tomorrow.... :guitar:

Got home today and my replacement copy of BLOOD OF THE NATIONS was waitin' for me already... damn, that was quick... I hadn't even sent back the defective one yet! So I'm a happy camper now. :beerbang: