Any TROUBLE fans here?

Guest attacker

The self titled album is one of my all time favourites, an absolute classic. I found their earlier stuff a bit more doomy and I was less keen. I had Psalm 9 - 'Assassin' and 'Bastards Will Pay' are brilliant songs, but I didn't really like anything else. Never heard The Skull though. Any check out tips on that one?

'R.I.P.' and 'The Wolf' - incredible songs.

I'm not into their earlier stuff either...but from the self titled release onwards they are very good IMO...my favorite is 'Manic Frustration'....there's supposed to be a new one out later this year called 'The Dark Riff' :headbanger:

Isn't Kory Clarke the vocalist now? If so, I'll be steering clear of the new album. I've heard a few samples from the new Warrior Soul album and imo his vocals suck. I love early Warrior Soul, so I'm not sure what happened there.

I'm not into their earlier stuff either...but from the self titled release onwards they are very good IMO...my favorite is 'Manic Frustration'....there's supposed to be a new one out later this year called 'The Dark Riff' :headbanger:

Isn't Kory Clarke the vocalist now? If so, I'll be steering clear of the new album. I've heard a few samples from the new Warrior Soul album and imo his vocals suck. I love early Warrior Soul, so I'm not sure what happened there.

I don't mind Clarke's vocals and I'm a Warrior Soul fan so it will be interesting to see what the combination sounds like...

I don't mind Clarke's vocals and I'm a Warrior Soul fan so it will be interesting to see what the combination sounds like...

Including on the latest album? It sounds like he has a really sore throat!

Including on the latest album? It sounds like he has a really sore throat!

Yeah his voice has certainly changed from Warrior Soul's glory daze but I don't mind it...

Sheeeeeit yeah, I love me some Trouble... saw'em opening for Savatage in 1990 when they were pimping their self titled (Def American debut) album ... f*ckin' blew the roof off tha shiz... been one of my faves ever since...

As for Kory Clarke, I love him, I love Warrior Soul, but I sincerely doubt that he's gonna be a good match for Trouble. What little I've heard of him fronting the band thus far (various live clips on YouTube, etc.) sound pretty awful, the guy's voice is shot to hell. That raggedy, gravelly shout may still work for Warrior Soul (esp. their new album DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE, which has an angry/punk vibe that suits those vox) but unless they polish the hell out of his vox using studio magic I hate to imagine what that's gonna sound like on a Trouble record.

• 8 months later...