Main Pages

Jez

Is anyone else having problems loading the main HH front pages. I haven't been able to get them for three days now. Message board etc all working fine. I have been able to access the main pages at work, so I am presuming there is a gremiln on my PC maybe. I am running Firefox as my browser and haven't had any problems accessing any other sites anywhere else. Any ideas?

Is anyone else having problems loading the main HH front pages. I haven't been able to get them for three days now. Message board etc all working fine. I have been able to access the main pages at work, so I am presuming there is a gremiln on my PC maybe. I am running Firefox as my browser and haven't had any problems accessing any other sites anywhere else. Any ideas?

Hmm, I'm using Firefox at home, and IE at work, and have had no such problems.

Have you tried emptying out your cache and TEMP files? I've had certain pages go wonky on me before, and that's usually worked for me. tumbsup.gif

Have you tried emptying out your cache and TEMP files? I've had certain pages go wonky on me before, and that's usually worked for me. tumbsup.gif

Just done that - No luck. Tried opening in IE no go either. Hmmmm

Jez,

If you're running anti-virus and firewall software, you might take turns shutting each one off and seeing if the main page will load then. It's possible that an update to one of those programs might have made it "not like" HH all of a sudden.

Next, I'd ask if you have changed any settings on your PC recently that relate to java script? The eBay ads that load on the main page rely on java scipt to load, and changing those settings might cause the page to "lock up" when it attempts to load. (just clutching at straws here, but you never know)

Mike

Jez,

If you're running anti-virus and firewall software, you might take turns shutting each one off and seeing if the main page will load then. It's possible that an update to one of those programs might have made it "not like" HH all of a sudden.

Next, I'd ask if you have changed any settings on your PC recently that relate to java script? The eBay ads that load on the main page rely on java scipt to load, and changing those settings might cause the page to "lock up" when it attempts to load. (just clutching at straws here, but you never know)

Mike

Tried shutting down those Mike and no luck. I updated my security software today by the way, but the pages haven't been loading for three days now. I haven't changed any Java script setting either. HH is the only site I can't get onto. My main problem is that I am a 'PC' thicko when it comes to stuff like this. :D

Still no luck logging on to the main pages on my home PC, I think I have tried just about everyhting a thicko PC user can try. This is really odd, the only pages that I can't access are HH. This is driving me nuts. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

It seems very strange that HH is the only affected website. I'm not sure if this would achieve much but it would be interesting to see if the main pages worked on another computer within your house. Maybe if you know someone who can bring by their laptop or something.

Have you tried other browsers such as IE..? I had an issue like this last year where I couldn't access a particular site from home using either Firefox or IE but I had no problem getting to the site from work...it fixed itself eventually as I couldn't find the cause....

Jez, what is the error message the IE delivers? Page Cannot Be Displayed? or DNS Error?

Jeff - This is what I get

Oops! Firefox could not find www.heavyharmonies.com

Try reloading: www.­heavyharmonies.­com

Additional suggestions:

* Access a cached copy of www.­heavyharmonies.­com

Search on Google:

Jez, what is the error message the IE delivers? Page Cannot Be Displayed? or DNS Error?

Additional suggestions:

Search on Google:

Instead of using the heavyharmonies name, try using the IP address like this in your web browser:

http://69.73.161.15/

Let me know if that works.

Additional suggestions:

Search on Google:

Instead of using the heavyharmonies name, try using the IP address like this in your web browser:

And as if by magic.... That works Jeff - bloomin' marvellous. . I've bookmarked the page and renamed it HH and all works. Any ideas of the cause of this all of a sudden

Thanx a million mate :drink:

Additional suggestions:

Search on Google:

And as if by magic.... That works Jeff - bloomin' marvellous. . I've bookmarked the page and renamed it HH and all works. Any ideas of the cause of this all of a sudden

The cause of it is computers!! Maybe it was your turn for pc problems mate

Additional suggestions:

Search on Google:

Hard to say exactly WHY it happened, there could be a few reasons, but it is not uncommon for DNS cache to get an incorrect entry. When you said you could go to all other websites with both IE and Firefox and only having issues with the HH main pages then it tells me it could have been a bad entry (wrong IP address) for www.heavyharmonies.com in your DNS cache. So what you are doing now is bypassing DNS and using the IP address directly. Ideally we would like you to be able to use the www.heavyharmonies.com because say for example Dan decided to move the HH to a different service provider. HH would get a new IP address and your shortcut that you just saved would no longer work (however all you would need to do is modify the shortcut to the new IP...but that is a manual process and automatic processes are better).

You might want to consider doing a "DNS flush". Here is a link that describes how to do it. It is an easy and non harmful. It just clears your cache and then when you visit websites Windows will rebuild the DNS cache. Basically you go to a command prompt and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.topbits.com/how-to-flush-dns.html

All that said you can just leave things as is and it's not a big deal to do it the way you are.

Way more info than you wanted huh? :D

Additional suggestions:

Search on Google:

Hard to say exactly WHY it happened, there could be a few reasons, but it is not uncommon for DNS cache to get an incorrect entry. When you said you could go to all other websites with both IE and Firefox and only having issues with the HH main pages then it tells me it could have been a bad entry (wrong IP address) for www.heavyharmonies.com in your DNS cache. So what you are doing now is bypassing DNS and using the IP address directly. Ideally we would like you to be able to use the www.heavyharmonies.com because say for example Dan decided to move the HH to a different service provider. HH would get a new IP address and your shortcut that you just saved would no longer work (however all you would need to do is modify the shortcut to the new IP...but that is a manual process and automatic processes are better).

You might want to consider doing a "DNS flush". Here is a link that describes how to do it. It is an easy and non harmful. It just clears your cache and then when you visit websites Windows will rebuild the DNS cache. Basically you go to a command prompt and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.topbits.com/how-to-flush-dns.html

All that said you can just leave things as is and it's not a big deal to do it the way you are.

Way more info than you wanted huh? :D

That all meant absolutely nothing to me :D but a big thanx anyways. The main page is running ok, although a couple of links are a bit dodgy when you click them. At least it is working

Thanx again Jeff :drink: