Why the Hell is Overkill's IMMORTALIS so damn expensive?

Fat Freddy

A post on another forum pointed out the absolutely ri-damn-diculous prices that copies of Overkill's IMMORTALIS CD (2007) are fetching at Amazon. Check it out yo:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=overkill+immortalis

Um...anybody have any idea WHY THE HELL this album is commanding prices up to $120? Seems awfully random.

The only reason I can think of is that the label that released that particular album in the U.S. (Bodog Music) went out of business virtually moments after the album came out, which might make copies somewhat "rare," but geez, you'd think there would still be plenty of'em out there to go around. It was only released three years ago!

Besides, you can still get overseas copies cheap as hell!

I bought IMMORTALIS as a new release so I really don't care. I'm just idly curious.

Amazon is an excellent place to get CDs for a great price, but sometimes I think most Amazon sellers check Amazon to see what to base their price on, so if one sets a high price, all the rest follow.

Amazon is an excellent place to get CDs for a great price, but sometimes I think most Amazon sellers check Amazon to see what to base their price on, so if one sets a high price, all the rest follow.

I have noticed that as well.

I bought a Helix cd for like $12 from the bands website recently and someone on Amazon had it for $75?!@?!?!?