Anyone know Mike (bgbssmn2)?

i have a few discs this person is after and they've offered up some nice trades.

Their name is Mike and go under the user name "bgbssmn2" - not on this board, but a few others.

I saw somewhere that he said he was a 51 year old collector. He seems mainly to focus on metal ... heavy stuff.

Just wondering whether anyone knows who this may be and if they're reliable or not.

Okay, i have gathered the following thru my correspondance with this person the last 2 days

- will not do a single disc trade first to "gain trust"

- does not own a digital camera to take picture of the inserts and discs to send me

- needs the trade done immediately cos he's going in for cancer treatment in 2 weeks

- has not supplied any refererences or history

Make up your own mind...

Internet search of his name does not come up with any "Michael Henegan" in city he has mentioned,...

HOWEVER....

there was a person by the same name in Jamestown, PA.

looks familiar

Lindsay I would say don't take the chance especially if he won't do a 'single trade' first...and if he's making up the cancer thing after the almighty DIO just passed away, I'd like to kick his ass!! :angry:

Okay, i have gathered the following thru my correspondance with this person the last 2 days

- will not do a single disc trade first to "gain trust"

- does not own a digital camera to take picture of the inserts and discs to send me

- needs the trade done immediately cos he's going in for cancer treatment in 2 weeks

- has not supplied any refererences or history

Make up your own mind...

That gaining trust thing sounds like a load of shit and who doesn't have access to a camera these days. Borrow one maybe. Anyone with a 6000+ CD collection (as he stated one another forum) should own or be able to afford a camera/phone camera (you would think?). From what you've said above Lindsay I would avoid this trader as well.

Internet search of his name does not come up with any "Michael Henegan" in city he has mentioned,...

HOWEVER....

looks familiar

Internet search doesn't say much. HOWEVER Jamestown is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from Red Lion...

HOWEVER....

looks familiar

Lindsay I would say don't take the chance especially if he won't do a 'single trade' first...and if he's making up the cancer thing after the almighty DIO just passed away, I'd like to kick his ass!! :angry:

I'd stay clear myself. Oh and I refuse to believe Dio died of cancer, I think he was killed by a dragon :bowdown:

If it seems to good to be true, it usually is. In this case, if all the red flags are there, they are there for a reason... AVOID!

The guy HAS NONE of "our" wants, just ask him the matrix number of a certain indie (with no info on the net) & he will reply with a line of irrelevant numbers. :christmas:

STAY AWAY ! (from Captain Howdy...)

:(

The "no camera" excuse doesn't fly any more, as 99% of all cellphones have cameras, which while they may not have the highest resolution, zoom, color fidelity, etc., will at the very least serve to prove possession of the material in question.

From metal archives.... look where this guys sent his cds....

..and yet I received no tracking number from you.

I was going to wait a little longer before publicly calling this guy out as a scammer, as it's not something I enter into lightly, and it looked pretty much like you guys already are avoiding him, but after seeing him trying to boost his credibility by accusing someone else here of trying to cheat him in another thread, and most of all, the fact that he attempted to initiate another trade with me (through a different site) by using a different ("real") name and email address, I don't see much reason to hold off any longer. In the unlikely event that his end of the trade shows up at my door in the near future, and it has all been an incredible calamity of errors/coincidences that has led me to believe this guy is anything but deceitful, I'll be more than happy to retract my statement and apologize.

Seeing that he's probably dropped the bgbssmn2/Michael alias by now, or is running multiple aliases at the same time, I will just say proceed with extreme caution when dealing with anyone who gives you an address on Main Street in Red Lion, Pennsylvania.

He's got this same thread out on about 20 other forums and who knows where else. I only hope anyone thinking of dealing with him will google his user name and find this thread.

Hmmm...I can think of one Pennsylvania resident who kinda fits that M.O.. Or should I say "residents" since he's used more than one name (and location in Pa.) with me (on ebay and when trying to order from our shop).

www.wishingwellonline.com

www.facebook.com/Roger.Pamachena