2010 - Favorite Disc

Four months into the year and there have been an unbelievable amount of new discs released that are top quality. Picking a fav for 2010 is gonna be near impossible.

Any of my top four could easily be interchangable.

If I had to make a choice right now it'd go something like this:

1. Crashdiet - Generation Wild

2. Crazy Lixx - New Religion

3. Pretty Maids - Pandemonium(this could finish at #1)

4. Ratt - Infestation

5. Keel - Streets of Rock N Roll

6. Wig Wam - Non Stop Rock N Roll

7. Jet Red - Flight Plan(Usually don't put a reissue or old recording being issued in my best of list but damn this is excellent Melodic Hard Rock)

8. Treat - Coup De Grace

9. Slash - S/T

10. Armored Saint - La Raza

11. Scorpions - Sting in the Tail

12. Krokus - Hoodoo

13. Giant - Promised Land

14. Raven - Walk Through Fire

There's some others that I think I'm leaving out but I can't remember for sure.

There's also others coming out later this year and some that I still haven't heard yet that I expect to make this list like Y&T, Bombay Black, FarCry, Talon, Tango Down(w/David Reece), Avantasia, Jon Oliva's Pain, Overkill, Circle II Cirle, Masterplan.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible to make any kind of call this early. So far Raven, Scorps and Ratt have all impressed. Don't forget Maiden's new one comes out in August!!!

I've got proper full lists at home, but the ones that have really made an impact this year, and my faves at the moment are:

1. Treat - 'Coup De Grace'

2. Crazy Lixx - 'New religion'

3. Crashdiet - 'Generation wild'

4. Pretty Maids - 'Pandemonium'

5. Reckless Love - s/t

6. Ratt - 'Infestation'

Modern:

1. Story of the year - 'The constant'

2. Bullet for my Valentine - 'Fever'

3. Lifehouse - s/t

4. Destine - 'Lightspeed'

A pretty poor year for new releases so far. Sure stuff like Giant/Reckless Love/Wig Wam etc is all good, but nothing spectacular by any means. The best releases are below IMO, with Treat and Bleeding Through being utterly awesome, though I'm pretty convinced that stuff like As I Lay Dying/Sonic Syndicate/H.E.A.T will all be good judging by the soundbytes.

TREAT - A Coup De Grace

OVERKILL - Ironbound

BLEEDING THROUGH - S/T

STORY OF THE YEAR - The Constant

I knew I missed a few. Here's my correct lists as it stands:

1 . Treat - Coup de grace

2 . Crazy Lixx - New religion

3 . Crashdiet - Generation wild

4 . Pretty Maids - Pandemonium

5 . Reckless Love - s/t

6 . Ratt - Infestation

7 . Loveblast - s/t

8 . Taking Dawn - Time to burn

9 . Shylock - Rock buster

10 . Axident Avenue - Shaken and disturbed

and

1 . Story of the Year - The Constant

2 . Bullet For My Valentine - Fever

3 . Lifehouse - Smoke and mirrors

4 . Before Their Eyes - Untouchable

5 . Destine - Lightspeed

One thing I must disgree with you on, Tim, is that it's a poor year so far. I can say that my top 3 this year is probably the strongest top 3 I have had for as many years as I can think back. Three amazing releases, and with HEAT yet to come I dare say the top 5 this year will be absolutely amazing.

One thing I must disgree with you on, Tim, is that it's a poor year so far. I can say that my top 3 this year is probably the strongest top 3 I have had for as many years as I can think back. Three amazing releases, and with HEAT yet to come I dare say the top 5 this year will be absolutely amazing.

But that depends on your tastes. You like the Sleeze stuff and those 80's style-Hard Rock bands (like Ratt) that are still flogging the same dead-horse they did 25 years ago, whereas I like the more Melodic Rock-type stuff. Nothing much happening in that genre, outside the mighty TREAT disc...

Lots of stuff vying for attention, with loads of stuff to come over the next 8 months, but these names stand out so far. Nowhere near a finished order as of yet though, so listed as I think of them.

Scorpions - Sting In The Tail

Reckless Love - S/T

Treat - Coup De Grace

Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Edge Of Forever - Another Paradise

FM - Metropolis

Brian Howe - Circus Bar

Giant - Promise Land

Finntroll - Nifelvind

Crazy Lixx - New Religion

Wig Wam - Non Stop Rock 'n Roll

Stage Dolls - Always

Newman - The Art Of Balance

Have purchased alot of CD's this year so far but the only one which has been a new 2010 release was the Blindside Blues Band - Raised On Rock which pretty much sums up what I think about the current music situation.

Wicked Sensation will be the next new 2010 purchase and there is nothing else on the radar that even has me interested in any way whatsoever :unsure:

Stage Dolls - Always

That one must be the grower of the year if it's good enough to be listed in your best albums of 2010. I heard it once and it sounded packed full of fillers...

Stage Dolls - Always

That one must be the grower of the year if it's good enough to be listed in your best albums of 2010. I heard it once and it sounded packed full of fillers...

A couple of tracks I am not that keen on, but it is a solid disc for sure for me. I have a feeling it will be a mid table finisher come years end and not near the top.

Nah, guys. Way too early to even contemplate trying to separate these awesome releases.

Some of the newies Ive only listened to a few times. Needs more time. Already there are 3 or 4 releases vying for top spot and there's a whole bunch to come yet.

WOW, Reckless Love not on your list?

I'd like to join on this convo but I just don't buy much anymore. being poor has it's disadvantages you know :tumbsup:

Reckless Love is one I still haven't heard as I can only find it for $22 and won't spend that much for it.

I knew I missed a few. Here's my correct lists as it stands:

1 . Treat - Coup de grace

2 . Crazy Lixx - New religion

3 . Crashdiet - Generation wild

4 . Pretty Maids - Pandemonium

5 . Reckless Love - s/t

6 . Ratt - Infestation

7 . Loveblast - s/t

8 . Taking Dawn - Time to burn9 . Shylock - Rock buster

10 . Axident Avenue - Shaken and disturbed

I forgot all about that Taking Dawn disc. :headbanger:

Impossible to make any kind of call this early. So far Raven, Scorps and Ratt have all impressed. Don't forget Maiden's new one comes out in August!!!

I had forgotten all about the Maiden so yeah that'll probably be up at top of my list most likely.

Nah, guys. Way too early to even contemplate trying to separate these awesome releases.

Really. You've usually done your list by Jan 24th mate :D

I'd have put money on Glen's 1,2,3 being:-

1. H.E.A.T "Freedom Rock" (Release sometime in May)

2. WORK OF ART (Release date late-2010)

3. JOURNEY (Release date late-2010)

:lol:

Scorpions - Sting In The Tail

A couple of biggies for me coming soon......

Y&T

Iron Maiden

I'd have put money on Glen's 1,2,3 being:-

1. H.E.A.T "Freedom Rock" (Release sometime in May)

2. WORK OF ART (Release date late-2010)

3. JOURNEY (Release date late-2010)

:lol:

ho ho....i wouldnt bet against it tho ;-)

So far Raven, Scorps and Ratt have all impressed.

(Smacks forehead) OH, and Overkill too! I forgot Overkill!

But that depends on your tastes. You like the Sleeze stuff and those 80's style-Hard Rock bands (like Ratt) that are still flogging the same dead-horse they did 25 years ago, whereas I like the more Melodic Rock-type stuff. Nothing much happening in that genre, outside the mighty TREAT disc...

Yeah but don't get too caught up on labels, mate. Look at Jez's list. Pretty sure he likes "sleaze" metal as much as you. The fact is, Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx really aren't any less melodic than Treat at all. Call them "sleaze" if you must, but to me Treat, Crazy Lixx and Crashdiet are still in a 3 way battle for album of the year (so far). Every time I hear Crashdiet or Crazy Lixx I always have to ask, is Treat really better than this? How is that possible?! :)

Yeah but don't get too caught up on labels, mate. Look at Jez's list. Pretty sure he likes "sleaze" metal as much as you. The fact is, Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx really aren't any less melodic than Treat at all. Call them "sleaze" if you must, but to me Treat, Crazy Lixx and Crashdiet are still in a 3 way battle for album of the year (so far). Every time I hear Crashdiet or Crazy Lixx I always have to ask, is Treat really better than this? How is that possible?! :)

I'd add Pretty Maids into the mix too....the first 6 songs on that album are fantastic. Are rest arent too shabby either