Frontiers Records - Apr. 9, 2010

heavyharmonies

Frontiers Records signs MOTLEY CRUE singer VINCE NEIL for the European release of his new solo album.

“Tattoos and Tequila” out in Europe on June 4th anticipated by the digital only release of the title track single on April 16th.

Napoli, April 2010 – MOTLEY CRUE singer Vince Neil upcoming solo album “Tattoos and Tequila” has been signed by Frontiers Records for release on June 4th in Europe. The album’s title track will be released as a digital download and will be available April 16th in Europe at all digital shops. The music video along with the single was made available for download on www.vinceneil.net earlier this year, but now it can also be seen on the Frontiers Records Youtube channel following this link:

Vince Neil recorded the new album in the winter of 2009 together with his band, formed by bassist Dana Strum, guitarist Jeff Blando (both of Slaughter) and drummer Zoltan Chaney. The album will include 2 new songs: “Tattoos and Tequila” and “Another Bad Day” both produced by Marti Frederiksen (Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard etc), plus a selection of classic cuts from some of the Rock giants that have influenced Vince Neil throughout his musical career. The cover songs were produced by Vince and Jack Blades (Damn Yankees, Night Ranger).

In a recent interview Vince Neil stated: “This album has nothing to do with Motley Crue, Tattoos and Tequila is basically my life” and definitely the new record shows a new, yet familiar side of Vince’s abilities.

“Tattoos and Tequila” tracklisting will include:

Tattoos & Tequila (Album Version); He's A Whore (Cheap Trick); AC/DC (Sweet); Nobody's Fault (Aerosmith); Another Bad Day; No Feelings (Sex Pistols); Long Cool Woman (The Hollies); Another Piece Of Meat (The Scorpions); Who Will Stop The Rain (Creedence Clearwater Revival); Viva Las Vegas (Elvis Presley); Bitch Is Back (Elton John); Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers (ZZ Top)*

* Bonus track available on first pressing in digipak

VINCE NEIL

As frontman for Mötley Crüe, Vince Neil came to exemplify all things rock and roll: the sound, the look, the outrageous lifestyle. Neil’s unmistakable voice leads some of the greatest rock songs of this generation including “Shout At The Devil,” “Home Sweet Home,” “Girls, Girls, Girls,” “Dr. Feelgood,” “Kickstart My Heart,” “Same Ol Situation,” and the recent “Saints of Los Angeles,” which was nominated for a Grammy Award in early 2009 for Best Hard Rock Performance.

As a solo artist, Vince’s Top 200 Billboard albums, Exposed (which reached number 13 on the Billboard Albums chart) and Carved In Stone have spurred the hits “You’re Invited (But Your Friend Can’t Come)” (co-written by Neil with Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw), “Can’t Have Your Cake” (co-written by Neil with Steve Stevens) and “Sister Of Pain” (co-written by Neil with Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw).

When he is not performing or raising money for charity (the foundation founded as a tribute to Vince’s daughter Skylar whom he lost to cancer in 1995, to date has raised over $2 million to help combat childhood cancer), Neil is also an accomplished businessman overseeing his latest entrepreneurial efforts which include Feelgoods Rock Bar and Grill in West Palm Beach and most recently in Las Vegas; Vince Neil Ink, a Las Vegas based body art shop; Tres Rios tequila and Vince Neil Aviation.

Weblinks: www.vinceneil.net / www.myspace.com/vinceneilofficial / www.frontiers.it / www.myspace.com/frontiersrecords

MOTLEY CRUE Confirmed Summer Dates in Europe

Jul 31, 2010 Knebworth Park (Sonisphere Festival) Knebworth, UK

Aug 7, 2010 Stora Skuggan (Sonisphere Festival) Stockholm, Sweden

Aug 8, 2010 Kirjurinluoto (Sonisphere Festival) Pori, Finland

As a solo artist, Vince’s Top 200 Billboard albums, Exposed (which reached number 13 on the Billboard Albums chart) and Carved In Stone have spurred the hits “You’re Invited (But Your Friend Can’t Come)” (co-written by Neil with Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw), “Can’t Have Your Cake” (co-written by Neil with Steve Stevens) and “Sister Of Pain” (co-written by Neil with Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw).

WTF? As a solo artist, he should be putting out quality tunes such as his Exposed album and NOT re-hashed cover tunes. Lame.

WTF? As a solo artist, he should be putting out quality tunes such as his Exposed album and NOT re-hashed cover tunes. Lame.

I agree about the cover tunes. I had been following the updates on Blabbermouth for months about this disc and it was never ever mentioned once that this was a cover disc besides two songs. I like the title track and was hoping for more of the same. It's been what 6 years since he did that song "Promise Me" with Desmond Child and he can only come up with two new songs? WTF? EXPOSED was awesome IMO and had everything a Crue fan could of wanted between the heavier songs, the commerical hard rock songs and the excellent two ballads. Carved in Stone while shocking at first actually was solid as well but just different. I was really hoping for all new material here so this is a huge let down and I'll be passing on this. The never ending bands doing cover tunes needs to stop please. Tesla did an awesome job of it but at least they continue to put out great new original music. What a let down this is. :hammer:

Yeah, I wasn't expected a covers album either. Oh well, at least I can cross this off my list of CDs I need to be even remotely interested in. FUCK COVERS ALBUMS!