Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier (new CD)

rockdoc

along with Skillet - Awake (sorry, but the track "Hero" is catchy as heck... no not metal, but anyway...).

-Dan

to be honest 'Hero' is probably one of weaker tracks on that album....a fine follow up to Comatose.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first half of the first song is a waste of 4 minutes IMO but besides that it's another damn good Maiden disc.

Yea, that "intro" ("Satellite 15") is a bit irritating...

The first half of the first song is a waste of 4 minutes IMO but besides that it's another damn good Maiden disc.

Yea, that "intro" ("Satellite 15") is a bit irritating...

I wish they would of seperated that song from Final Frontier so I could skip it or better yet just leave it off the cd altogether.

After one spin I really like the middle of the cd quite a bit like tracks 2-8.

The last two are just okay for me and that intro thing just plain sucks.

Fav song so far would be a toss up between "Starblind" and "Isle of Avalon".

My faves right now are "El Dorado," "Mother of Mercy" and "The Alchemist."

I liked those three as well and I'm sure my favs will change the more I listen to it but I will say those last two songs left a little cold when compared to the rest of the disc. They seemed to be long just for the sake of being long.

After a few more listens, my verdict is: boring.

Some of the songs just drag on forever, but unlike the lengthy material on the new BG album, they don't go anywhere; they just meander aimlessly.

Disappointing.

I liked those three as well and I'm sure my favs will change the more I listen to it but I will say those last two songs left a little cold when compared to the rest of the disc. They seemed to be long just for the sake of being long.

After another spin I do like the last two songs better but overall this one just doesn't have the great songs that Brave New World and Dance of Death had. It's well played and it sounds great but overall the songs aren't there IMO but being a diehard I'll continue to give it spins to prove me wrong.

Some of the songs just drag on forever, but unlike the lengthy material on the new BG album, they don't go anywhere; they just meander aimlessly.

Disappointing.

I need to get that new Blind Guardian disc I have read good things about it.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=25189

I posted one of the songs in its entirety.

Get the 2-CD version.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=25189

I posted one of the songs in its entirety.

Get the 2-CD version.

Looks like Amazon has that one for $12.99 right now.

This new Maiden disc just continues to grow and grow with each listen.

I didn't really care for "The Man Who Would Be King" at first but now I love it but my fav songs right now are "Starblind", "The Talisman"(lyrically reminds of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner), "The Alchemist" and "Isle of Avalon". I think the production is actually better than A Matter of Life and Death and overall I feel like this is every bit as good of cd as that one.

I didn't really care for "The Man Who Would Be King" at first but now I love it but my fav songs right now are "Starblind", "The Talisman"(lyrically reminds of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner), "The Alchemist" and "Isle of Avalon". I think the production is actually better than A Matter of Life and Death and overall I feel like this is every bit as good of cd as that one.

Those are probably my 4 favourite at the moment, Starblind was one that didn`t catch my ear but excellent now.

Those are probably my 4 favourite at the moment, Starblind was one that didn`t catch my ear but excellent now.

"Starblind" grabbed me on the first spin but since then I've set down and listened while reading the lyrics, which with Maiden has always helped, and some others have grabbed me as well. It's not really a cd to be played in the background but one that you really need to take the time to listen to over and over.

Disappointing.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Its not even a grower as the more I listen to it, the less I like it.

Its not that its bad musically, its just dull.

Reading around the net for reviews of this disc it's crazy how divided fans are on this cd. Some people are calling it the best thing since Seventh Son and others are giving it 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10 while others are saying it's plain horrible.

• 1 month later...

Just got it today...I gave it only one spin, so I can't tell you much. At first impression seems to be...quite boring. Much of the songs have long slow intros that keep you waiting forever for the metal to kick in, and the choruses are not powerful or catchy as its predecessors (don't expect headbanging anthems like "Run To The Hills" or "2 Minutes To Midnight"). Perhaps this will change after a few spins.

The best tracks so far are "The Final Frontier" (I agree the annoying Satellite 15 intro should be separated), "El Dorado", "Coming Home" and "Where The Wild Wind Blows".