SR037_180px.jpg

X-Piracy - Dodge City Limits

MP3 Sample: Dodge City Limits

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be getting that Jet Red release!

Anyone else getting errors trying to open the individual band pages on the Suncity site? I keep getting stuff like this:

Warning: include(Pages/Bands/Jet Red/Jet Red.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/suncityrecords.com/httpdocs/main.php on line 72

Warning: include(Pages/Bands/Jet Red/Jet Red.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/suncityrecords.com/httpdocs/main.php on line 72

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Pages/Bands/Jet Red/Jet Red.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/suncityrecords.com/httpdocs/main.php on line 72

I'll be getting that Jet Red release!

Anyone else getting errors trying to open the individual band pages on the Suncity site? I keep getting stuff like this:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Pages/Bands/Jet Red/Jet Red.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/suncityrecords.com/httpdocs/main.php on line 72

I've consistently had problems with that site in general but always figured it had something to do with my computer. Either way looking forward to getting these releases especially the Jet Red.

Didn't like the Jet Red track, not my thing at all and the same goes for X-Piracy. The Priscilla track is quite good, standard sleaze/glam stuff. I loved the cover of the Kidd Skruff CD and by happy coincidence loved the track as well. With the Pound as weak as it is, I can't afford to pick up the CD, but may download a few tracks off this one from Amazon.

:headbanger:

Just love this: SR032_180px.jpg

The Kidd Skruff is the best imho :beerbang:

Another one for the list. Won't be getting it for a while though - Sun City is expensive!

• 1 month later...

After getting these four titles this how I rank them:

1. Jet Red - Flight Plan

Maybe the best thing from Sun City so far and up there with Slash Puppet, Lessdress and Cruella D'Ville. How this stay unreleased this long I'll never know. This might be as good or even better than the debut. Plus the DVD of the live show in San Jose from 1990 is great to.

2. KIDD Skruff - Angels With Dirty Faces

The first 5/6 songs are great and make this worth owning but the last four are demos and aren't worth playing IMO. All in all a good cd but not great. The cover is awesome though and again the first half has some great hard rock tunes.

3. Priscilla - High Fashion

If only this could of had good production instead of sounding like demos than this could of been a great dose of Sleaze Glam in the tradition of Pretty Boy Floyd and early Poison. All in all there's many great tunes but the singer sounds like he's in a different place than the band and is way to low in the mix.

4. X-Piracy - Dodge City Limts

Not sure what this is but it isn't good at all. There is a few decent songs but for the most part they seem to be just fucking off on many of the songs. I was hoping for more as the the title track is good but most of the middle of the disc is just plain horrible. While I haven't heard every Sun City release I can't assume that they've released anything as bad as this one. AVOID!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

David Moors posted the following on MR.com earlier:

Hi Guys,

I've had so many damn problems in my life over the past 2 years that I'm not even gunna start to explain.

I am currently working on getting the following titles out within the next month or so -

Kidd Havok - TBA (When I heard to second album for the first time, I was just gobsmacked!! This album is just a continuation of Roll The Dice. If you liked Roll The Dice, you are gonna LOVE like one!!~! Killer stuff!)

Merri Hoaxx - The Hoaxx Never Jokes (The old tracks from Joel Ellis' band before he joined Cats In Boots)

Jolly Roger - ReAmped (A mix of tracks recorded back in the heyday and tracks that have recently been recorded)

Babe Blu - Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll (Including about 6 killer tracks c/o written by the great Jim Peterik and these tracks have to be heard to be beileved!~!)

Live Tongue - Snake Eyes (Just an amazing album that out does their killer debut)

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

http://forums.melodi...456302&t=456058

Hi Guys,

I've had so many damn problems in my life over the past 2 years that I'm not even gunna start to explain.

I am currently working on getting the following titles out within the next month or so -

Kidd Havok - TBA (When I heard to second album for the first time, I was just gobsmacked!! This album is just a continuation of Roll The Dice. If you liked Roll The Dice, you are gonna LOVE like one!!~! Killer stuff!)

Merri Hoaxx - The Hoaxx Never Jokes (The old tracks from Joel Ellis' band before he joined Cats In Boots)

Jolly Roger - ReAmped (A mix of tracks recorded back in the heyday and tracks that have recently been recorded)

Babe Blu - Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll (Including about 6 killer tracks c/o written by the great Jim Peterik and these tracks have to be heard to be beileved!~!)

Live Tongue - Snake Eyes (Just an amazing album that out does their killer debut)

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

Awesome news david gonna get every one of the new releases...keep at it you are doing a awesome job...hope you ahve news on new band signing to???

Hi Guys,

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

Awesome news david gonna get every one of the new releases...keep at it you are doing a awesome job...hope you ahve news on new band signing to???

Yeah, but where's the site? Is he going to be selling CDs through a forum???

Yeah, but where's the site? Is he going to be selling CDs through a forum???

Bumped. This fine fellow asked a very good question...

great to hear! but where is femme fatale?

afaik, the femme fatale album is very unlikley to be released unless the band decides to re-record those tunes.

There's a reason why the album's still uneleased despite being picked up by some half a dozen or so label all passing it by.

:huhsign:

The sample that was posted kicks ass. Why on earth would the songs need to be re-recorded?

great to hear! but where is femme fatale?

afaik, the femme fatale album is very unlikley to be released unless the band decides to re-record those tunes.

There's a reason why the album's still uneleased despite being picked up by some half a dozen or so label all passing it by.

:huhsign:

The sample that was posted kicks ass. Why on earth would the songs need to be re-recorded?

I haven't heard the samples, but consider me curious. Do they need to be re-recorded because of poor production? Or are the songs - in your opinion, Andre - just plain shithouse and in need of re-writing?

James, I see your point. The website's gone! Wowser...