Alice Cooper - Trash Vs. Hey Stoopid

Alice Cooper  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure most everyone on this site loves both of these discs but which one is your fav?

Tough choice for me but I'll go with 'Trash' but I will say that 'Hey Stoopid' is awesome as well and I'd love to see Alice go back to the sound of these two discs.

Trash - Fav song:

1. Poison

2. Hell is Living Without You

3. Bed of Nails

4. House of Fire

5. Only My Heart Talkin'

Hey Stoopid - Fav song:

1. Love's a Loaded Gun

2. Dangerous Tonight

3. Hurricane Years

4. Little By Little

5. Burning Our Bed

IMO , Hey Stoopid wins this one pretty easily to me.

Feed My Frankenstein is the only average song on this album whilst Trash contains a few.

The best song of each album is the same as what Wes went with but Wind Up Toy is a severely overlooked gem IMO and nearly got my vote :tumbsup:

IMO , Hey Stoopid wins this one pretty easily to me.

Feed My Frankenstein is the only average song on this album whilst Trash contains a few.

The best song of each album is the same as what Wes went with but Wind Up Toy is a severely overlooked gem IMO and nearly got my vote :tumbsup:

Funny that, as 'Feed My Frankenstein' is the only song I like on 'Hey Stoopid'! I'm no Alice Cooper fan, but much preferred 'Trash', with 'Hell Is Living Without You' being my favourite track.

• Like 1

The excellent 'Trash' gets it, but both are good.

Trash top moments:

Hell Is Living Without You

Only My Heart Talkin'

Poison

Hey Stoopid best bits:

Love's a Loaded Gun

Dangerous Tonight

Wind Up Toy

Love both albums and I originally ticked the box for 'Trash', but then, having a look at it track by track I have to say I went with 'Hey Stoopid', in the end quite easily.

Fave tracks are:

'Trash':

1. Poison

2. Bed of nails

3. Hell is living without you

4. House of Fire

And this is going to surprise a few as this hasn't been mentioned yet:

'Hey Stoopid':

1. Might as well be on Mars ... sue me, I love that song!

2. Die for you

3. Snakebite

4. Dangerous tonight

5. Hurricane years

6. Buning our bed

... but I love most the songs on this.

Absolutely awesome musicianship on 'Hey Stoopid' too. Yeah, easy pick in the end.

• 1 month later...

IMO, Hey Stoopid is far better than Trash, heavier and more consistent

My fave tracks from Trash : Poison, House Of Fire, Hell Is Living Without You

My fave tracks from Hey Stoopid : Dangerous Tonight, Hey Stoopid, Snakebite, Love's A Loaded Gun, Feed My Frankenstein

I loved Trash when it came out. Then when Hey Stoopid was released I avoided buying that one forever just because I hated to first single they released. I finally picked it up a few years ago and am still kicking myself for not buying it sooner. An excellent followup to Trash, although Trash is still my favorite.

Trash favorite:

Bed of Nails

Hey Stoopid favorite:

Love's a Loaded Gun

Very difficult to decide, as both are great: i finally went with Trash, because it's more 80s sounding.

Favorites on Trash:

1.House of Fire(even though, in that one, they stole the chorus from Bon Jovi's Livin on a Prayer)

2.Poison

3.Spark in the Dark

4.Hell is Livin Without You

5.Bed of Nails

Favorites on Hey Stoopid:

1.Might as well be on Mars

2.Hey Stoopid

3.Burning our bed

4.Love's a Loaded Gun

5.Dangerous Tonight

6.Wind Up Toy

I went with "TRASH"... Very easy choice.

I went with Poison as the top song although I could have just as easily went with 5 or 6 other tunes.

Interesting Fact: "House of Fire" almost didn't end up on the "TRASH" release. As you may know, it was co-written with Joan Jett. It was actually suppose to be on The Blackhearts "Up Your Alley" release. There was even talk of of Joan and Alice Cooper doing this song as a duet. Joan Jett used to play "House of Fire" in her live set prior to the release of "Up Your Alley". I once asked the bassist at the time (Kasim Sulton) why the tune didn't make The Blackhearts release. Simply put, he said it sucked. When I asked him this neither of us had any idea that Alice Cooper would release it on the "TRASH" disc. Apparently there is actually a recorded version of this song done by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts somewhere. Funny thing is... The song that replaced "House of Fire" on the Blackhearts' "Up Your Alley" release... "I Hate Myself For Loving You". I'd say both artists did OK on this deal.

PS ~ OK... maybe that wasn't such an interesting fact. :cartman:

Both are fantastic albums!! and worthy of putting in on a long drive. I went with: Trash, with "Poison" as fav track and "Snakebite" for Hey Stoopid. While Hey Stoopid has a few more songs on it, really no filler, plenty of killer melodic hard rock, and may in fact be the better album, Trash is the classic one and holds a more special place for me. Also having killer hard rock songs on it as well helps. Cannot beat the first 3 tracks on it (it's like glam/hard rock heaven; Bed Of Nails and Hell Is Living Without You are great too. There are a couple that are a little weaker but for the most part the whole album is good. What about a Constrictor vs. Rais Your Fist and Yell poll? Was that done ye? - if it was I probably already voted on it hehe.

I went with "TRASH"... Very easy choice.

I went with Poison as the top song although I could have just as easily went with 5 or 6 other tunes.

Interesting Fact: "House of Fire" almost didn't end up on the "TRASH" release. As you may know, it was co-written with Joan Jett. It was actually suppose to be on The Blackhearts "Up Your Alley" release. There was even talk of of Joan and Alice Cooper doing this song as a duet. Joan Jett used to play "House of Fire" in her live set prior to the release of "Up Your Alley". I once asked the bassist at the time (Kasim Sulton) why the tune didn't make The Blackhearts release. Simply put, he said it sucked. When I asked him this neither of us had any idea that Alice Cooper would release it on the "TRASH" disc. Apparently there is actually a recorded version of this song done by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts somewhere. Funny thing is... The song that replaced "House of Fire" on the Blackhearts' "Up Your Alley" release... "I Hate Myself For Loving You". I'd say both artists did OK on this deal.

PS ~ OK... maybe that wasn't such an interesting fact. :cartman:

I thought it was an interesting fact. I knew Joan Jett wrote it or had a part in it but not the rest you mentioned. There is also a version done by Bon Jovi on youtube and to put it nicely, let's just say it's good Alice ended up with it. So "House Of Fire" was being tossed around to a few candidates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm sure most everyone on this site loves both of these discs but which one is your fav?

Tough choice for me but I'll go with 'Trash' but I will say that 'Hey Stoopid' is awesome as well and I'd love to see Alice go back to the sound of these two discs.

Trash - Fav song:

1. Poison

2. Hell is Living Without You

3. Bed of Nails

4. House of Fire

5. Only My Heart Talkin'

Hey Stoopid - Fav song:

1. Love's a Loaded Gun

2. Dangerous Tonight

3. Hurricane Years

4. Little By Little

5. Burning Our Bed

I agree with the 10 best songs from both cd's.

• 2 years later...

Saw AC for the first time recently (with Motley) and lived up to expectations.

Can't believe only one other voted for Dangerous Tonight. Big stand out for me...

• 5 years later...

Trash...but my favourite track on offer is Feed My Frankenstein which is actually my favourite alice song,I went crazy when he played it live on the tour with Leppard a few years ago  :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lettard said:

Trash...but my favourite track on offer is Feed My Frankenstein which is actually my favourite alice song,I went crazy when he played it live on the tour with Leppard a few years ago  :)

Awesome track!

• 3 months later...

Trash is alright, I like Hey, Stoopid a lot more.