Casanova - Burning Love

eaglesfan3000

• 5 years later...

Was just watching that now. Is that an alternate version of the song, or does it just sound different due to the conversion from an old VHS or something? Definitely sounds quite different in many regards.

But even that version is amazing...

How I rated their discography:

Casanova - 1991 - 88
Heroes - 1999 - 87
One Night Stand - 1992 - 83
All Beauty Must Die - 2004 - 79
Sway - 1999 - 73
The placement of 'Heroes' did kind of surprise me to be honest. 'One night stand' does house a handfull of their all-time best songs ('Seal it with a kiss' and 'I'll come runnin' especially), but the 3/4 mark of the disc does bring some fillers. And 'Heroes' just comes out firing with so many amazing songs. Again, at the tail end there's a couple of weaker songs, but it's a deceptively excellent CD.
End of the day, they are one of my all-time favourite bands with a great discography.

That Heroes cd is fucking amazing and is quite likely my favorite release of 1999....and yes it is my fav Casanova release.....

I'd basically bet the contents of my house and my two dogs that it is the best album of 1999, by probably a margin of 30%! :lol:

Yeah, it is fantastic. I do prefer the debut just slightly, but as you can see, only by 1%. I'd have to also say that the 'Heroes' CD would be up there as one of the most played CDs in my entire collection. I know that thing backwards.

Do you sit there listening to 'Carmen' just waiting for the moment he hits that crazy high note? :lol: Man, I love that shit.

The thing I can't comprehend is how 'Sway' was also released in that same year, yet it is pretty shit. What on earth happened there? They are SO different in style.

That Heroes cd is fucking amazing and is quite likely my favorite release of 1999....and yes it is my fav Casanova release.....

I'd basically bet the contents of my house and my two dogs that it is the best album of 1999, by probably a margin of 30%! :lol:

Nope, that would be Steelhouse Lane.........

Oh really? I thought they were 1998 and 2000? Yeah, that would indeed be a close contest. I probably would tip my hat towards Steelhouse Lane, but you never know until the ratings drop. The funny thing I've found is that even in these disgusting mid to late 90's years, there are still excellent CDs in the mix, few as they may be.

Oh really? I thought they were 1998 and 2000? Yeah, that would indeed be a close contest. I probably would tip my hat towards Steelhouse Lane, but you never know until the ratings drop. The funny thing I've found is that even in these disgusting mid to late 90's years, there are still excellent CDs in the mix, few as they may be.

Yeah that Steelhouse Lane would be ahead of Heroes, another amazing release....lets not forget Burning Rain - S/T, Damned Nation - Road of Desire and Jaded Heart - IV , they would be at the top of my list for 1999 also....

Yeah that Steelhouse Lane would be ahead of Heroes, another amazing release....lets not forget Burning Rain - S/T, Damned Nation - Road of Desire and Jaded Heart - IV , they would be at the top of my list for 1999 also....

lol, what a year! I personally wouldn't rate Burning Rain anywhere in the mix (I think I like two songs off the thing) but Damned Nation and Jaded Heart (particularly JH) were excellent! Makes for a brilliant top 5, if nothing else.