Best of 2009 Posted

heavyharmonies

Mastedon? Now this is one i dont get. Love this guy as a producer HEAPS, but this album bored the hell out of me from the samples. Shouldve been a solo album, as i cant see what it has to do with the Mastedon rocking sound?

Backed. Wish I'd listened to the soundbytes before picking it up. Is very retro-sounding, and is one of those albums that people either loved or hated. Like the overrated HOUSE OF LORDS album....

Is nice to see quality stuff like DELAIN, WINGER, PAPA ROACH, DANGER DANGER appearing, but I'm not sure why BLANC FACES ended up in one of the Top 5 lists? That thing's drearier than a Michael Bolton Christmas album...

Always interesting to check out 'the best of'.....just to see if I missed anything over the year.....I'll have to look into Delain although goth isn't really one of my fav genres and Coldspell will have to be re-examined as I had dismissed it after hearing the samples originally....

I'm surprised to see no love for Place Vendome or Steel Panther and only Pete having Danger Danger in his top 5. I do agree with the praise for the Poodles, a great release, just missing out on my top 5, probably 6th for me.

My top 5 picks for 2009 were the latest releases by

1) Danger Danger

2) W.E.T.

3) Place Vendome

4) Paradise Lost (doesn't belong on HH, but I love the band)

5) Steel Panther

That Pete guy is a genius, I swear we think EXACTLY alike! :woot:

You liiiiaaaarrrrr!!!!

Your profil states High Gear from some band called Farcry is your fav, yet they did not even place in your top 5.

This guy can't be trusted.

BTW, that so-called Farcry release did make my top 15 for 2009, a great release and hoping to find some more Farcry on top future fav lists .

That Pete guy is a genius, I swear we think EXACTLY alike! :woot:

You liiiiaaaarrrrr!!!!

Your profil states High Gear from some band called Farcry is your fav, yet they did not even place in your top 5.

This guy can't be trusted.

BTW, that so-called Farcry release did make my top 15 for 2009, a great release and hoping to find some more Farcry on top future fav lists .

:lol: I had forgotten about those FarCry guys... ;)

I think the new album's going to be even better, and more cohesive, I'm officially psyched!

Notice High Gear didn't make my top 5 either... :D

Not heard all of these, but for my tastes, the Poodles CD was poor, massively overrated and the Danger Danger CD was a huge disappointment. Opinions are bound to differ of course, but for what it's worth, only the Coldspell album of these really appealed to me, it has a few great songs. I like the samples I've heard from the House of Lords CD though. Just had a listen to a few Koritni tracks and found them really boring.

Nice to see the Mastedon getting the attention it thoroughly deserves aswell as the monster Delain disc. Chickenfoot was quite popular aswell, which is good to see. Some nice picks all round guys. :tumbsup:

Nice to see someone sticking up for the Hardline....but then again it gets a good kicking too off Ty :lol: I really like the album I must say.

Ya know a while back Jez had the Mastedon sleeve as his avatar and for ages I was thinking it was a picture of a plucked oven ready chicken, I was wondering what it was about for a few weeks until I finally saw the cover.

Really screw up your eyes and look at the cover .... or resize it to 70 x 70.....I ... I'm not crazy am I??????

Nice to see someone sticking up for the Hardline....but then again it gets a good kicking too off Ty :lol: I really like the album I must say.

Ya know a while back Jez had the Mastedon sleeve as his avatar and for ages I was thinking it was a picture of a plucked oven ready chicken, I was wondering what it was about for a few weeks until I finally saw the cover.

Really screw up your eyes and look at the cover .... or resize it to 70 x 70.....I ... I'm not crazy am I??????

You know i gave up on the Hardline a few months back after it trailed off mid way throuhg, but im gonna pick it up and it should climb.

As with most years... None of my top 5 are in anyone of the lists. A couple of mine did make the "Also-Ran" lists. I believe one even made someone's "honorable mention" list.

There were actually quite a few good releases in 2009.

It looks like Poodles,House of lords and Mastedon are the most loved from HH stuff.

I agree for the first two, I have not yet pick up Mastedon (many aor maniacs love it).

Here's my top ten

1-LAST AUTUMN'S DREAM-DREAMCATCHER

2-STEEL PANTHER-FEEL THE STEEL

3-THE POODLES-CLASH OF THE ELEMENTS

4-GOTTHARD-NEED TO BELIEVE

5-HOUSE OF LORDS-CARTESIAN DREAMS

6-GREAT WHITE-RISING

7-W.e.t.

7-WINGER-KARMA

8-LYNCH MOB-SMOKES AND MIRRORS

8-FAIR WARNING AURA

9-EUROPE-LAST LOOK AT EDEN

10-NASTY TENDENCY-WILD AND NASTY

Ahh, that's the joy of the the thing. We all have different ears, aesthetics, and opinions. Mine is the right opinion, of course... :angel::lol:

That's because your the king. Well i am KING but your THEE KING here :guitbannana: .

My faves of 2009 are

WINGER KARMA

JORN SPIRIT BLACK

the rest i don't feel like mentioning at the moment because i'm cooking beer can chicken and sampling the beer while the bird cooks.

I'm surprised to see no love for Place Vendome or Steel Panther

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that (though I know Pete noted PV and Dan did SP) but I'm very surprised to see them pop up in no top 5.

Some cool choices there and always a good read. Nice to see Papa Roach noted (one of the most consistent plays of the year) as well as Mike throwing Grand Design into the mix. Nice.

I also wasn't very into the Hardline CD, but it must be said that it does have staying power and is a constant grower. Not one of my faves of the year but a good CD.

And Tim, I have to disagree about Blanc Faces. It isn't amazing and ground breaking, but goddamn is it is a great, solid as hell CD.

As for Mastedon... well, I said it in the thread. To each their own because I have nothing good to say about that CD at all. :(

the rest i don't feel like mentioning at the moment because i'm cooking beer can chicken and sampling the beer while the bird cooks.

Meanwhile, an hour later and a 12 pack later, the bird is nothing more than charred ashes on the grill and KING is passed out on a lawnchair....

WASP- Babylon, Place Vendome- Streets Of Fire, W.E.T.- S/T, and one that's only been briefly discussed on this message board, New Device- S/T (love every track on that one, a good pick-up for those who like up tempo hard rock), are among my faves this year. Overall, gr8 job with the lists gentlemen :tumbsup: ; unfortunately, I can't ever seem to acquire everything that I want :(..........Jeff.

New Device- S/T (love every track on that one, a good pick-up for those who like up tempo hard rock)

There are two major problems with this disc:

1. It is pretty damn hard to get hold off for a decent price.

2. I have a feeling that most the people who would really love it are under a completely false impression that it is some kind of modern rock CD... when in fact it is a pure hard rock delight.

New Device- S/T (love every track on that one, a good pick-up for those who like up tempo hard rock)

2. I have a feeling that most the people who would really love it are under a completely false impression that it is some kind of modern rock CD... when in fact it is a pure hard rock delight.

I am under that impression.

Have you heard it, cousin? You'd love this thing.

Have you heard it, cousin? You'd love this thing.

I have not.