Is anyone really finding gems at pawn shops anymore?

rockdoc

Yeah, it seems almost everyone is getting wise to selling online or at least checking what things are worth. The people who used to see 80's metal CD's and said "look at these 80's metal garbage CD's, let's just get rid of em" now look online and see some are worth $$ and no more dollar or two 80's metal CD's in their bins or racks. I do find some rare gems occassionally still, which is cool.

The only pawn shops in my neck o'the woods are in areas where I don't feel safe going to. So for all I know there could be treasure troves of Hard Rock and Metal CDs in them but I'm too chicken sh*t to find out. :lol:

But hey, I may have to go to Paterson for Jury Duty next month, maybe I'll have time to look a few of 'em up on a lunch break. Ya never know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest artofmetal

The only pawn shops in my neck o'the woods are in areas where I don't feel safe going to. So for all I know there could be treasure troves of Hard Rock and Metal CDs in them but I'm too chicken sh*t to find out. :lol:

But hey, I may have to go to Paterson for Jury Duty next month, maybe I'll have time to look a few of 'em up on a lunch break. Ya never know.

speaking of being scared to go in a pawn shop. one time when i was in a pawn shop in the bad area of town several years ago the place got held up! No kidding! The guy behind the counter hit a panic and button and the cops showed up and stormed in, arrested the guys and left. I sat there crouched on the floor watching the whole thing! Hard to believe but this is a true story, no bulshit!! I had found 2-3 good things when the whole thing happened. When the cops drug the guys out I got up and walked to the front counter. The guy behind the counter told me take the stuff I had and go ahead and leave(he was pretty rattled!). This was about 7 years ago. I think i've been back into a pawn once or twice since! Once in the while i'll still risk my life to find quality cds!!!

True story!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest trendkill196

Maybe it's my low standards, but Seattle surprises me daily. Still a pretty good place with many stores to chose from!

That said STAY AWAY! :)

Yep! I agree!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HeavyMetalMerchant

Nah CD's are gone the way vinyl started to go and VHS tapes pawn shops are not really taking them anymore the digital age has arrived, starting to head towards the collectors only realm.

• 2 months later...