Retrospect Records New Signings and releases for 2010

Retrospect Records

Hello Sam,

what happened to the RATHSKELLER re-issue that you announced in September last year ? Did it die ??

Please tell me this is not so .... ! :crying:

hi Swazi,

in answer to this - there were some issues with a few members of the band that could not be resolved so we won't be releasing Rathskeller at this time. Hopefully, one day we can because its a killer album!! But for now, it stays a high priced collectors record...

:cartman:

Is it a policy of Retrospect that thtere is not much glam coming out if this label?

Just seems like it's all aor/hard rock/metal.

Is it that Retrospect aren't looking at any glam, or just that there's not much coming forward?

Its just that there's not a whole lot of glam out there that is unreleased. I think its better suited to Eonian and SunCity. However , I did get approached from Pretty Boy Floyd and a couple other glam acts so I would definitely sign em if they are good!

I disagree. There is a lot of glam that is still unreleased like Lage, Imagine World Peace, Saigon Saloon, Dr.Starr, Dr.Whiskey, Agent X, Cathouse, China, Virgin, Koha...

Hello Sam,

what happened to the RATHSKELLER re-issue that you announced in September last year ? Did it die ??

Please tell me this is not so .... ! :crying:

hi Swazi,

in answer to this - there were some issues with a few members of the band that could not be resolved so we won't be releasing Rathskeller at this time. Hopefully, one day we can because its a killer album!! But for now, it stays a high priced collectors record...

:cartman:

That's sad, Aaron ! You spoiled my day .... ! :crying:

just joking ! There is still hope .... ! Thanks for the update ! :drink:

Dr Starr is coming on board I believe. You find the others , I'll sign em. I'm not a huge glam fan - especially not of the "punk-glam" variety. BUT I do like melodic glam so just point em my way! :headbanger:

Unfortunately, I don´t know anyone from those bands, but here are some myspace pages that might help in contacting them:

http://www.myspace.com/saigonsaloon

http://www.myspace.com/imagineworldpeaceband

Brilliant news on these ones mate. Really can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on them when they arrive

Buxx - Knickers Down

MPG -S/T

Groundstar - Forced Landing

Tracer Fox - Steal The Show

Roadmaster - One For The Road : Live DVD

Illustrator - S/T

All Sports Band - S/T

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shredhedd

I saw on another page the guitarist for Ruff Justice is named Chad Coggin. Is it this same guy?

NEW SIGNINGS AND AVAILABLE SOON:

RUFF JUSTICE “No Justice No Peace” (1995) & “Wings Of Desire” (1993) – Both highly touted releases from this powerhouse 80’s-style melodic metal band from Dallas, TX will get a re-issue treatment from Retrospect. Undoubtedly one of the best bands to come from the Dallas area – drummer Scott Baughn has assembled a new Ruff Justice, currently working on a NEW CD (A Return to Justice) and you will be seeing them at Rocklahoma 2010!!

• 1 month later...

Sam,

This could be well worth a follow up for your label !!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!

Check these guys out and they are an unsigned band !!!!!

They need to be signed up quick and release this material on a CD !!!!!!

Fifteen Strings

Hey thanks for the recommendation! What a great band - they sound like a mix of two other Retrospect bands - Fire with Fire and XL New York. I'm on it!!

Good luck :tumbsup:

Hi Sam,

that Roadmaster DVD .... will you issue some in PAL format as well for us chaps in Europe ?? Would be awesome ... !

• 4 weeks later...
Arggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I just ordered the Mata Hari DCD!!! :bananamac::headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Am I missing something, I can't find the Mata Hari on the Retrospect website...

It seems that a lot of people on here love Retrospect Records, but I really need to cut right down with my CD buying this year and I've just found six CDs on their site that I must have. These people are evil! What hope is there for New Year's Resolutions when not only do RR release a huge stack of great CDs, but also samples of many tracks just to make certain that you fall off the wagon? Anyway, rant over, I'm off to sell one of my children...

:crying:

It seems that a lot of people on here love Retrospect Records, but I really need to cut right down with my CD buying this year and I've just found six CDs on their site that I must have. These people are evil! What hope is there for New Year's Resolutions when not only do RR release a huge stack of great CDs, but also samples of many tracks just to make certain that you fall off the wagon? Anyway, rant over, I'm off to sell one of my children...

Thought this might raise a chuckle, but never mind. :unsure:

Anyway, I've never ordered from Retrospect and have a question. Do they ever have multiple purchase sales, e.g. 'buy xx get x% off' or 'buy xx get 1 free'? Just wondering.

Thought this might raise a chuckle, but never mind. :unsure:

Anyway, I've never ordered from Retrospect and have a question. Do they ever have multiple purchase sales, e.g. 'buy xx get x% off' or 'buy xx get 1 free'? Just wondering.

Hey mate, not just to make you feel better but I did laugh at that last line yesterday. I was close to dropping a :lol: but must have got sidetracked.

As for Retrospect, you just missed a pretty good sale, but as far as I know they don't have bulk offers. They do have excellent international shipping rates, though.

They just came in along with about 10 other releases - they will be up on the site very soon.

New release post will be up soon too. Thanks!

I order my copy of the Mata Hari 2 CD set and looking fporward to it.....great job releasing this one Sam.

Looking forward to the killer Megaton Blond and Masqurade cd's.

Any word or update on the release of the highly anticipated Leather Toyz, Nemisis and Tracer Fox CD's??????

They just came in along with about 10 other releases - they will be up on the site very soon.

I order my copy of the Mata Hari 2 CD set and looking fporward to it.....great job releasing this one Sam.

Any word or update on the release of the highly anticipated Leather Toyz, Nemisis and Tracer Fox CD's??????

Hey Game!

Thanks for ordering the Mata Hari double CD - would love to get your opinion on how it turned out. I worked my butt off on the audio to try and get it to sound as best as possible (considering the sources i had to work from). Nemesis -- i am just waiting for the master tapes.

Tracer Fox -- Artwork is in progress and working on mastering the audio now as well as getting a hold of some bonus tracks to add!! Thanks for your interest!

Aaron

www.retrospectrecords.com

Hey Game!

Thanks for ordering the Mata Hari double CD - would love to get your opinion on how it turned out. I worked my butt off on the audio to try and get it to sound as best as possible (considering the sources i had to work from). Nemesis -- i am just waiting for the master tapes.

Tracer Fox -- Artwork is in progress and working on mastering the audio now as well as getting a hold of some bonus tracks to add!! Thanks for your interest!

Aaron

www.retrospectrecords.com

Hey Aaron

Will do...I will let you know...and looking forward to your other releases...top notch signings.

Could you ask Sam on Any word or update on the release of the highly anticipated Leather Toyz cd..? as well as MegatonBlond and Masqurade...

Cheerz my friend

Game