Chase - 'In Pursuit' (1993)

Geoff

I've had this one on CDR for years and finally got an original the other day. Is this one really only worth about $5? That surprises me.

Anyway, I was actually curious to know what these guys look like. I'm guessing like dreggs (don't ask me why, just a guess) but has anyone got a photo of them?

And who wants to give me Intuition's 'Turn it on' for my copy of it? HAHA!!! :lol:

I've had this one on CDR for years and finally got an original the other day. Is this one really only worth about $5? That surprises me.

Anyway, I was actually curious to know what these guys look like. I'm guessing like dreggs (don't ask me why, just a guess) but has anyone got a photo of them?

And who wants to give me Intuition's 'Turn it on' for my copy of it? HAHA!!! :lol:

Never seen a photo or heard anything ever about them since the album. I heard they all look a little like Matt, hence why they disappered into oblivion ;) . It's a bloody good disc though for sure.

Never seen a photo or heard anything ever about them since the album. I heard they all look a little like Matt, hence why they disappered into oblivion ;) . It's a bloody good disc though for sure.

I guess if they all look like Matt I can understand the secrecy. :lol: NO!!! I wuv u, Matty-Boo. :wub:

But seriously, I'm curious to know if they're a "hair band" looking group or if they opted to go for the "douche" angle instead. I'm assuming the blurred images getting out of the car on the front cover - which is arguably the worst album cover I have ever seen - are members of the band? But what of the others?

As for the disc, it's not bad. Definitely like the last song and there's a few other nice ones.

Is this what your looking for??

new-boy-band.jpg

The one in the middle got a purdy mouth....

:hijack:

I so love thir pants. Omigod. Tonight. Those pants. Me. We're so hanging out together.

AWESOME DISC!

As for what they look like?

Who cares. Theyre men.

I,

care.

U

the

wang.

You know it.

Personally.

AWESOME DISC!

As for what they look like?

Who cares. Theyre men.

I,

care.

Sorry fellas!

That's not a pic of the band. I just thought it was funny.

I would like to see these kids in prison wearing those outfits though.. :yikes:

Would make for a great reality show!!! :tumbsup::popcorn:

• 7 years later...

I like it.

album_3976_cover_5.jpg

Tracks:

1. Keeping My Mind
2. Spectrum of Emotion
3. I Am Living You
4. Love Is the Reason
5. Don't Shut Me Out
6. Have You Got Some Time?
7. Get It Right
8. In Your Arms
9. Til the End of Time
10. You Will Be the One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCpQrqrnrlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDsJsPkoSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCpPZPCscQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrM3W3tJl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfch4tm95Gg

Not played this one in eons. I remember it being very enjoyable. Will have to dig it out for a re-spin

• 9 months later...

I was the keyboard player in this band. Here is a story...the album cover and people on it were not us. That photo was shot by models pretending to be the band. The reason was that the record label was in the Midwest and they didnt like the photos taken by our photographer in NY. We were on a deadline, so the hired a photographer and models....and did the shoot out at the record label’s HQ. A little behind the scenes info...the guitar in the photo is missing a string, the label never put me in the credits...I signed onto the band after they signed the deal, the credits all kinds of messed up. Michael Sweet did many of the background vocals and high harmonies, but wasn’t given credit. Our lawyers went after the label in which in the second printing, they agreed to put amended credits on an insert. However, by the time the second printing was going to happen, the lead singer went to prison and the band broke up. Hope that clarifies some things. :) 

I have this one. Good songs, if I can remember it right. BUT a little on the generic side for my taste. I don't mind some fillers on an album if it has something very special, maybe some bombast of melody (not the type of power-metal-type of melody) or some excellent guitar playing. Kinda like Surface Tension. For me, there were only two good songs (one I really love - Take it to the Heart) on that very short E.P. and yet I won't consider that generic. There are several bands like Chase and Broken Symbol that came out of the U.S. in the 90s that, you really cannot consider bad BUT kind of lacking in the IMAGE-ATTITUDE department.

And then there were bands that have more IMAGE-ATTITUDE than talent.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:27 PM, Kevin Jackson said:

I was the keyboard player in this band. Here is a story...the album cover and people on it were not us. That photo was shot by models pretending to be the band. The reason was that the record label was in the Midwest and they didnt like the photos taken by our photographer in NY. We were on a deadline, so the hired a photographer and models....and did the shoot out at the record label’s HQ. A little behind the scenes info...the guitar in the photo is missing a string, the label never put me in the credits...I signed onto the band after they signed the deal, the credits all kinds of messed up. Michael Sweet did many of the background vocals and high harmonies, but wasn’t given credit. Our lawyers went after the label in which in the second printing, they agreed to put amended credits on an insert. However, by the time the second printing was going to happen, the lead singer went to prison and the band broke up. Hope that clarifies some things. :) 

Love it! That's some great info there. Thank you very much for sharing it. I really enjoy things like this. May I ask why your lead singer went to prison? What did he do? Is he out now, and what of his life after prison?